It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just caught occupiers stealing my water which we pay for.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You should support the movement all the more so. Dont you remember before they put meters on water?
Plus, stolen water taste sweet.

link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by DrumsRfun

You go get your $1.25 back man! You're absolutely right, those arrogant little punks stole maybe just over a dollar from you. Wtf is that? A whole dollar! If this was the 60s that dollar would've been worth twenty of today's dollars. Right now it's like 3 cents per dollar.
Tell them you demand your payment in silver! One silver dollar, NOW!

Theft is theft....
Entitlement mentality is an entitlement mentality.
I'll bet clean filtered city water is another "basic human right"? (which should be provided free of charge?).

link   

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
it is attack the OWS movement day...week...year....

link   

link   

How do you know they weren't going to brew up a bunch of TEA, and have a party?
How much money will this cost you? Send the bill to the City.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devino

I am walking up the street and see 2 dirtyish looking guys filling 4 giant water bottles
This costs money and they aren't the ones paying for it.
Who is the one paying for the water? Are we to assume that it is you? Would be nice of you to clarify.

BTW, water isn't that expensive but getting permission is the polite thing to do.

bread isnt really that expensive, so its cool if they come in your house and take some cause they are hungry right?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
This is what went down.
I am walking up the street and see 2 dirtyish looking guys filling 4 giant water bottles (about 3 quarters the size of a water cooler bottle)

The unasked question:

Were they filling their bottles from your tap which is located on your property?

-or-

Were they filling their bottles from a public tap, not located on your property?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Pics & police report, or it didn't happen.

U2U me your address and I'll send you a couple of nickles to cover the cost of your water.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
Theft is theft....
Entitlement mentality is an entitlement mentality.
I'll bet clean filtered city water is another "basic human right"? (which should be provided free of charge?).

Yes theft is theft, is inexcusable, and being polite is not a hard thing to do.
But clean water USED TO BE free in the US. No meters. like in the 60s and later!
edit on 28-10-2011 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The taking without asking wouldnt really bother me. At least not nearly as much as having complete strangers right up against my home turning on the outside faucet. That's how people get shot.

The trespass is the big violation. If they're brazen enough to step foot onto your property, walk up to the house and turn on your faucet I'd bet that walking into an unlocked door and checking the contents of your refrigerator isnt exactly out of the realm of possibility.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I thought the occupy movement was in downtown cores. Is your house downtown? If they are stealing your water from an outside tap this would mean you might have a lawn or garden...downtown next to corporate buildings?

But if you are in the burbs and I think you are, it's a lot of work to travel that far for water wouldn't you think?

Me smells trolls...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I think the point most are missing here is that if they had asked they would have been allowed to take the water. It doesn't matter how much what they stole was worth, it's that they stole it in the first place!

My neighbors have been stealing my water and electricity for a while, when I found out I disconnected the hose and the electric cord, they didn't ask and it was STEALING! Had they asked is it OK if I plug this in here my electricity isn't on yet, I would have said yes no problem but they didn't ask, they just took!

I understand the problem and am sorry they stole from you.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

If they wanted it...all they had to do,was do the right thing and ask permission,I am all for parties,I just don't like people taking things without asking...its rude and uncouth.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
You know what? Maybe calling the cops was a bit extreme, I don't know, I wasn't there. But the point the OP has continuously made, is that they should have asked. He is absolutely right. It would have taken then all of what? A minute?
If someone comes on my property and ASKS for something, sure. Come on my property and take something without permission? I will make an issue of it no matter what it is.

It's called common courtesy, and it is sorely lacking in this day and age.
edit on 28-10-2011 by chiefsmom because: Lacking courtesy LOL

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This is pathetic though.

Humans denying other humans to water?

Calling the cops?

Wow....humanity is selfish and heartless these days.

Humans should never have to ask for water, it's a human right.
That water belongs to everyone, stop being aqua-imperialists.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

No they were clearly trespassing and it was on the property.
I had to shut the valve on the inside to make sure it doesn't happen again.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

If it was on your property, then it is trespassing and theft... you had every right to call the authorities
edit on 28/10/11 by masqua because: replaced qoute with Reply to

link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
You know what? Maybe calling the cops was a bit extreme, I don't know, I wasn't there. But the point the OP has continuously made, is that they should have asked. He is absolutely right. It would have taken then all of what? A minute?
If someone comes on my property and ASKS for something, sure. Come on my property and take something without permission? I will make an issue of it no matter what it is.

It's called common courtesy, and it is sorely lacking in this day and age.
edit on 28-10-2011 by chiefsmom because: Lacking courtesy LOL

You can pretend water is your "property" all you want, but it's just BS.

Water is from Earth, humans are from Earth, that water belongs to everyone.

Denying it on grounds of if they didn't ask, is just selfish and inhuman.

link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by orbitbaby

How about the ass hole making you pay for the most abundant resource on earth?

I have never thought of calling the poeple who clean, filter and deliver a required human resource through an absoutly amazing plumbing system ...an "ass hole".

In case you havnt noticed an infrastructure such as water treatment cost mony....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join