It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fat cops should be fired

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Fat cops should be fired. Shouldn't all cops be in shape to actually be able to "serve and protect" the public?

Reasons:

Not physically fit to do anything. Can he chase down a criminal fleeing the scene? Climb over a fence? Physically deal with someone who is fit? I doubt it.

Negative image portrayal of the police force. What more do I have to say when you see an overweight cop on a motorcycle. Disgusting.

Slower reaction to reach his guns or anything else.

www.yumyucky.com...

I’m noticing a lot of fat cops on patrol and I don’t think this trend is going to dry up anytime soon. This training video shows why an obese cop, Chris Parent (5-foot-9 and 300 pounds), was fired after an unacceptable performance during field testing due to his physical state. It was difficult for him to get from kneeling to standing, he could not fire his gun with correct form during the shooting exercise, and had trouble lifting a handcuffed (mock) suspect to standing. He eventually got his job back after he sued.

Fat cops would probably be more likely to abuse their power and show police brutality. Why? To get back at all the people who made fun or gave them a hard time in the past. Look at all the police brutality videos on youtube. What do all the officers have in common? They're all FAT.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'm behind you all the way on this one

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
If you got rid of all the fat cops, you'd be getting rid of most of the departments.
Those guys are the prime rib choice cuts that TPTB want policing us, that's why it's hypocritical to continue employing them when they clearly are not mentally & physically fit for that duty.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The Police service in the UK considered imposing statutory fitness tests however it failed due to fear that they would have to sack or discipline far too many officers as well as the potential cost of high legal fees.

In reality far too many officers are overweight and unfit. Many now refuse to run after a suspect.
The only time most officers ever have a fitness test in the UK is when they join up to the service and have to take the fitness test. After that they never got tested again although there has been a degree of health and fitness screening lately.

My view is, Too fat to act....send them off to pack!
edit on 28-10-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I would think it would be a requirement to be on the force. And be tested once a year. Watch one episode of COPS and time how long it takes the officer to get out of breath while chasing a suspect.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

Thats how the USN was able to (and still is) downsize their population. If you can't pass the PRT and/or pass the physical requirements (aks not being a fat ass) within 1 year or so, then you are dismissed.
edit on 28-10-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dee773c0b4f8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
NO WAY. Keep all the fat pigs. They are much less likely to catch me. ANd, when TSHTF, the fat, slow ones make much easier targets.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

I agree, actually I might be a bit childish here but this thread reminds me of cheif wiggum from The Simpsons he can't do anything but eat not a very good influence.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
NO WAY. Keep all the fat pigs. They are much less likely to catch me. ANd, when TSHTF, the fat, slow ones make much easier targets.

I got a good laugh from that, I'm all for a fatty chasing me down, because my chances for out-running him are 99% that I'd get away, Besides donuts are not too expensive, as well as the bribe! Hehehe

Some of the fat cop pics i've seen are horrible, most couldn't run a 1/4 mile in less than ten minutes, they have a gun and authority, I am Disgusted!!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'm from Canada.. and around where I live, I have yet to see one fat cop..

I'm sure there are some who are a little hefty, but not fat..

Just saying that it doesn't seem to be a problem around here at all.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
god bless you google image search.

edit on 29-10-2011 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I think the physical fitness requirements for law enforcement should be much more strict than they currently are.

It varies from police force to police force, but for the most part you only need to meet the fitness requirements as a recruit. After that, you only need to update your training every 2 years or so.

Updating the training isn't all that physical. It's mostly just firearms training and procedural training.

It should be just like the military. An annual physical fitness test. You don't pass, you go on probation and have an allotted amount of time in which to get in shape and try again. You fail again, you are out.

new topics

top topics

join