It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan documentary filmmakers offer photo as proof of ET

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Pretty interesting, although it might be a marketing hit, their claims are pretty incredible.

Source

Link to the photo.

In September, we published a story about a documentary that will be released in 2012 titled Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond. The filmmakers claim this documentary will provide evidence that the Mayans had contact with extraterrestrials.

There is a new development with this story. According to an article published by The Wrap today, the filmmakers have released a photograph they claim is “evidence of a pre-Mayan, alien civilization.” The film’s producer, Raul Julia-Levy, released the photo to The Wrap, which shows a large, carved head in the jungle that was allegedly taken in southern Guatemala in the 1930s.

A letter from archaeologist Hector E. Mejia reportedly accompanied the photo. Mejia claims the head sculpture in the photo “dates back to between 3500 and 5000 B.C. and is evidence of a superior civilization unlike any known to have lived on Earth.

” He points out that the “elongated cranium” and “fine characteristics” of the sculpture are not consistent with pre-Hispanic races of America, and therefore must have been “created by an extraordinary and superior civilization with awesome knowledge of which there is no record of existence on this planet.”

Julia-Levy claims that this photo is just one of several pieces of “evidence” that will be presented in the film. And Julia-Levy also claims that Stephen Hawking is participating in his film. The filmmaker provided The Wrap with a quote he claims is from Hawking that will be used in the film. Hawking allegedy stated, “I warn humanity that aliens are out there. Just because the aliens were friends with the Mayans doesn’t mean they are our friends. Humans should avoid contact with aliens at all costs.” This statement is reminiscent of Hawking’s grim statements from 2010, cautioning humanity against attempting to contact extraterrestrials.

Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond is scheduled to begin filming in November.

edit on 28-10-2011 by Alkolyk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

edit on 28-10-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

i've found the correct link but i can't post a proper link.
don't know why.

never been a problem before

www....(nolink)/update-mayan-documentary-filmmakers-offer-photo-as-proof-of-et-818/

this is probably the site where he got it from.
edit on 28-10-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Yep....both links dead.

link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Look at the urls, he posted bogus links

==
eta: Second fixed link works, story is already posted here somewhere
edit on 28-10-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

link   
Links broken..

edit: thanks for fixing
edit on 28-10-2011 by rapsmack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Even though that popped up on Marzulli's blog yesterday, its been posted here a couple times already...

MSN link
edit on 28-10-2011 by Toxicsurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
All links should be fixed now

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
lol i've just read the story.

i call BS

there is a picture of a sculpture there.
the sculpture is of human face and supposed to be evidence that the maya's had contact with aliens

this 'news' is coming from a guy who's doing a documentary or film on 2012.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This was posted a few days ago www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 28-10-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The fact it's of a human looking head doesn't mean it isn't of an alien, we really don't know what aliens look like .. it's quite possible that alien life is indistinguishable from us physically.. it's silly for us to make a determination on appearance.. Despite the many supposed encounters, none can be said to be more than fantasy so nobody really knows what an alien being looks like.. maybe it's an amazing likeness

Still, I don't think that sculptures of a head are proof of anything at all except "Hey, here's a sculpture of a head" ..

I also find it difficult to believe they convinced hawking, or that the quote is his.. but I could be wrong.. I know the other quotes are his, I watched his recent documentary tv series recently called "Into the Universe" which is where those came from..

Unless this documentary is hiding some astounding information, I'm so far not impressed.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

My bad, admin remove if needed.

I don't get where they make the connection between old civilizations and ETs. Ultimately the evidence (if there is one) points simply to an older civilization.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

i've never implied it wasn't.

it just a stretch, a really really big one, to say this is proof of extrateresstial life.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It's a cool looking head to be sure, but it looks human to me, in fact it looks very similar to the heads on Easter Island. I wondering why the people who are making this movie are jumping tot he conclusion that it's "alien"? Unless by alien they simply mean it comes from a civilization that we have no record of. Don't know what the deal is with that head, but it looks cool.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
There is no possible way of knowing from that picture alone if the artifact is either human or alien, if it really is in Guatemala, or if it isn't just some sort of prop.
Unless more evidence or data is revealed then any sane judgement not based on speculation belongs in the realm of the hypothetical, thus of no use whatsoever!

This along with many other "revelations" put to shame the real work being done to prove and corroborate some of the most unusual oddities found in archeological sites.
I would advise anyone that cared to search for "archeological anomalies" sometime to find out if this alien - ancient human connection has been tried before and its main arguments, and then to cross relate it to ancient religious texts and folk tales.

There is much we don't know and there is much we wish to remain ignorant of, its much easier...
But some pretty startling stuff will be revealed soon enough that is for sure.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Topic already being discussed on this thread.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join