It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France: 20 times more cesium was released from Fukushima into sea than TEPCO claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Oh this is a very serious and disturbing ..

If was twice will be a lot but 20 times more is incredible, cant believe they lied that mach ..

So what now are we still eat tuna and other glowing sea food from that area, I love to eat all kind food from sea and fish are best source of omega-3 fatty acid ..

Read one time tuna is most dangerous because is on top of food chain and all other heavy metals what cant be degraded tuna collecting, I read for hazardous to health element mercury Hg ..

Is very bad and sad news for all living organism in sea and of course for us ..

enenews.com...

Oct. 28 — “On October 27, the Institute for Radiological Protection and Nuclear Safety (IRSN, Institut de Radioprotection et de Surete Nucleaire) of France announced its research report in which the researchers estimated the total amount of radioactive cesium-137 leaked from Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant into the ocean was 27,100 terrabecquerels from March 21 to mid July. The IRSN estimate is 20 times as much as the estimate announced in June by TEPCO,” According to

ex-skf.blogspot.com...
www.jiji.com...
translate.google.com...

See the IRSN’s report here (French): www.irsn.fr...
edit on 28-10-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hmmm.... Thanks for the catch and a very interesting story. Now I wonder how long it will be before they admit that raw fuel and source material was blown directly into unprotected Pacific waters during the two major blowouts of the Reactor buildings and cooling pools? I stopped working research on this topic because it was effecting my ability to simply function in daily life...the reality is, to my horror, THAT bad.

I'd note though, that the center of one of the reactor buildings that blew sky high was 200 short yards from open, unprotected ocean OUTSIDE and to the south of their breakwaters. The blast and debris blowing straight UP carried more than 200 yards...so, what DOES MOX/Plutonium do when dropped straight into open waters and simply left there to ooze it's radiation into the surrounding environment? I sure don't know...but we'll all learn someday when the real price to pay becomes evident.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Sacre Bleu!
Just yesterday they released this news!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
20x is not equal to 2x!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
Sacre Bleu!
Just yesterday they released this news!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
20x is not equal to 2x!

Now you learn my something, really don't know how your brain works or your eyes ..

Easy man with posts ..

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised by that at all. All energy/chemical companies seem to always understate the damage done. If the damage done was so minimal then, executives from those companies should have to live in the contaminated areas for 10 years to prove it.

It looks like the there are two parts of the same ocean current near the area: one would sweep out to around the Hawaii area and the other is a circular current to the south of Japan. Those would be areas not to eat from.

Kuroshio Current

Caesium-137
edit on 28-10-2011 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Find some very informing read ..

Now with news from France this long term situation look very bad ..

Radiation Impacts on Oceans and Fisheries

www.dailykos.com...

The effects of atomic radiation on oceanography and fisheries

Nearly 25 years after the worst nuclear accident in history, new scientific findings suggest that the effects of the explosion at Chernobyl have been underestimated. Experts last month published a series of studies indicating that, contrary to previous findings, populations of animals decreased in the exclusion zone surrounding the site of the former nuclear power plant, and that the effects of radioactive contamination after the outbreak had been "overwhelming."

More and more pigs with high levels of cesium are found at the scene. This information was disclosed months after doctors detected increased rates of cancer in Ukraine and Belarus, mutations and diseases of the blood, which they believe are related to Chernobyl...

The most serious potential hazards to human beings from the introduction of radio active products into the marine environment are those that may arise through the uptake of radio isotopes by organisms used for human food...
The oceans and their resources cannot be separated into isolated compartments; what happens in one area of the sea ultimately affects all of it...
Nuclear explosions have been the principal source of fission products introduced into the sea to date. Cesium 137 and strontium 89 and 90 remain in solution while ruthenium 106, cerium 144, zirconium 95, yttruim 90 and 90 and niobium 95 are largely in the solid phase...

The long-lived and dangerous isotope, strontium 90, has a relatively high transfer percentage and long equilibrium or "residence" time; the same would be expected for cesium 137, which is alkali and should behave somewhat like potassium or rubidium...

The most important fission product from all these considerations is strontium 90 and its daughter yttruim 90. This isotope has a large fission yield and a long physical half-life, is concentrated by organisms, and con be tolerated in human food only in very low amounts.

Ce 144 is another isotope with a large fission yield , which is concentrated by organisms (Harley, 1956), and has a moderately slow decay rate. Due to its small uptake and low retention by humans, it can, however, be tolerated in human food in much greater concentrations than Sr 90...

...the quantity of radio active materials that can be introduced safely into coastal waters near shore is very limited, of the order of a few hundred curies per day... Our present knowledge should be sufficient to dispel much of the overconfidence on the one hand and the fear on the other...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I haven't ate anything seafood since than. I miss my crab salad! (imitation crabmeat, made mostly of Alaskan Pollock fished between Alaska and Japan.) Can't bring myself to make it anymore.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Scientists from Norway, Austria, Spain and the United States have found "strong evidence" that the Great East Japan earthquake of the unprecedented magnitude of 9 caused "structural damage" to the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, emitting radioactive Xenon gas, before the tsunami tidal wave brought a train of havoc.

www.indepthnews.info...

Emergency press conference reveals 110 microsieverts per hour at Tokyo supermarket

TOKYO, Oct. 28 — Breaking news from Mochizuki, “110 micro Sv/h in Setagaya.”

“In Setagaya, Tokyo, ward mayor held an emergency press conference at 10PM,” says the report. They announced the 110 micro Sv/h near ‘Powerlarks Setagaya’ supermarket. “If an average citizen measured it, it might be way higher,” notes Mochizuki.

enenews.com...

“Already on 15 March, a first isolated 133Xe cloud reached western North America, followed by the arrival of high concentrations of both 133Xe and 137Cs on 19 March.” “The main part of the radioactive plume entered western North America on 17–18 March. On 18 March at 12:00UTC, the head of the plume had already arrived over the North Atlantic, but the main part was located over the eastern Pacific Ocean and western North America, where it could be detected at monitoring sites.

This part of the plume was also rich in 137Cs, as it was still close to the surface south of 50 [Most of US/Canada border is 49°]. At the same time, the plume penetrated the subtropics and arrived at Hawaii on 19 March.” “A map of the simulated surface concentrations of 133Xe for 22 March shows that all of western North America was engulfed by the FD-NPP plume, as well as parts of eastern North America and eastern Asia.”

enenews.com...

Jet stream archive here ..

squall.sfsu.edu...

edit on 29-10-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join