It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never seen quakes in this area before ????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Never seen quakes here before.....

Type: Earthquake
27 minutes ago
Magnitude: 5.8
DateTime: Friday October 28 2011, 11:14:25 UTC
Region: North Pacific Ocean
Depth: 10 km
Source: CSEM-EMSC Feed

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

doesn't show up on USGS site

edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: address

edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

wow the whole map looks weird right now.
the one under southern australia is also perculiar

eta: wondering if kermadec islands are heating up? few preshocks perhaps

edit on 28-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I think we should currently be looking towards turkey and New Zealand. Turkey's east side got hit pretty badly, however an increase in activity on the west side could be signalling a movement? The Dardenelles exist because of tectonic processes.

New Zealand seems to be experiencing movement, the Alp fault not moving for an extremely long time in some areas. Nothing of significant size. The quakes south of the country and north seem to show movement, which could indicate possible precursors?

If anything we should be looking towards the Ionosphere for hints on the next mega quake. As found out recently that japan had an hours warning of the quake.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
No, not in usgs.
But did pop up in Puterman's QVS import list! So it must have registered somewhere...GEE?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Huh. That is kinda.. eh. I'm not even sure how to properly respond, here.

It just seems normal, mostly. I don't wanna say "odd", even though the two you guys mentioned are kinda.. odd. Even that little bugger just above Sweden looks out of place.

But.. honestly? It's only a 5.8, and when you look at the map as much as I do, 5.8s get a little.. boring. Unless, of course, it's in the middle of a city or something. But, in the middle of the ocean? Not worth sounding the alarms, yet.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
This could be a sign that the plate against Japan is about to do something we have never seen before in our lifetime.

I really hope not

Oh crap its October 28 2011 today

We need to keep our eyes open today

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
Huh. That is kinda.. eh. I'm not even sure how to properly respond, here.

It just seems normal, mostly. I don't wanna say "odd", even though the two you guys mentioned are kinda.. odd. Even that little bugger just above Sweden looks out of place.

But.. honestly? It's only a 5.8, and when you look at the map as much as I do, 5.8s get a little.. boring. Unless, of course, it's in the middle of a city or something. But, in the middle of the ocean? Not worth sounding the alarms, yet.

The size is nothing to worry about but what might happen if this is just a fore shock to something bigger.???

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

The one South of Australia, last week there was another but closer to the actual fault line.

Activity is definitely picking up, my partner and I have been watching for the last hour. I'm particularly interested in the Washington EQ's in the Mount St. Helens area.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Did the OP just say he has never seen a quake of the coast of Japan before? Is he joking or what?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzTruth
Did the OP just say he has never seen a quake of the coast of Japan before? Is he joking or what?

Do you see the map .........were is Japan and were is this quake.

This quake is way east from the other quakes that occurred there.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Yes that Aussie one was in a funny spot.
While you're watching St Helens, keep an eye on Rainier too. That one scares me more and has had a few rumbles lately.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1
The size is nothing to worry about but what might happen if this is just a fore shock to something bigger.???

Then.. we'll have a bigger Earthquake, in the middle of the Ocean? I wouldn't jump to conclusions and assume an 8.0 would hit Japan in a couple hours or days.

Fact is, we can't predict future quakes just by looking at them. I'd put more stock into looking at the ionosphere, or even to our Sun, for possible CMEs affecting geothermal activity, or something else, anything other than the Earthquakes monitoring maps.

Keeping our eyes open, won't prevent an earthquake.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Originally posted by dreamfox1

Then.. we'll have a bigger Earthquake, in the middle of the Ocean? I wouldn't jump to conclusions and assume an 8.0 would hit Japan in a couple hours or days.

Fact is, we can't predict future quakes just by looking at them. I'd put more stock into looking at the ionosphere, or even to our Sun, for possible CMEs affecting geothermal activity, or something else, anything other than the Earthquakes monitoring maps.

Keeping our eyes open, won't prevent an earthquake.

No but knowing something happened in advance gives people time to run if necessary.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
so what do we think then ? is this the big one ? theres alot of hype ...... and alot more unaware people just doing their ordinary day to day thing, we need to eyeball obama and cameron ... when those two dissappear thats when we need to move. Get your bug out pack at hand .. just incase, the last thing you need to be doing is looking for stuff , get it together and keep it close.

Its most probably nothing , but still , we never know , and we all expect it to happen some day.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
well a quake in the center of an Oceanic Plate ....which is between 3-5 miles thick

indicates to me that the flow dynamics of the Mantle below the crust, or possibly Mantle Plumes are the reason for stresses that are far from Plate boundaries or existing faults

see this image:
volcano.oregonstate.edu...

the Pacific Ocean Plate must be having abnormal or just plain different convection currents which affects the thin crust there where the quake just happened

the same unusual (tremors & volcano) activity is happening in the mid-atlantic too.

where the crust is thinnest, in the oceanic plates, there will be unusual activity witnessed....the reason might be the core & mantle are in a high state of agitation/ heating up way above normal.... causing all these 'earthquakes in divers places' and the stresses and perplexity of this era of 'birth pangs'

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Just out of interest, is this near to one of those magnetic hot spots (such as the South Atlantic Anomaly) that are growing in the oceans? There are around 8 in total i believe with at least half on the Pacific side of the planet.........

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

This is because it did not happen

You see you were imagining it.

It got deleted.

By the way you are right as far as it being unusual if it had actually happened. There are no recorded quakes in that area back to 1964 at least.

You always need to check out the listing because many of these site - global incident included - fail to react to deletions quickly, and in some case fail to react at all.

Eh? Why?

edit on 28/10/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

Eh? Why?

edit on 28/10/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

Well because everybody knows that 28 is dangerous. Right? Right?
Sure scares the hell out of me. Take my street, i start panicking when i get to Number 26

top topics

join