It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fleet over Bulgaria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Alright so first the link

Oky do this is not the best poof fo it being real, but It does resemble other fleets.

I aslo think it is very unlikely to be chinese lantern, because of the location.

I personally am not sure, exactly what it is. I do feel alot of the usual suspects can be rules out.

Also, if anyone can translate that would help.
edit on 28-10-2011 by KingAtlas because: link

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Mate I know I'm going to get flamed but those are clearly just Chinese lanterns being let off from a hilltop and drifting away.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Alright so since most don't believe in general I hope this video helps. It is all actual News reports.

I mean just wtch some are amazing reports I have never heard of..

They can't all be dismissed....

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Chinese lanterns IN BULGRIA???????????

I have never heard of such a thing, wha tdo you think is the size of the chinese population there....

And if you say it is bulgarians doing this...why are all these countries like Peru, Bylgaria, Mexico suddenly all starting to make chinese lanterns....It doesn't make sense...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Looks like classic Chinese lanterns to me.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas

I have never heard of such a thing, wha tdo you think is the size of the chinese population there....

And if you say it is bulgarians doing this...why are all these countries like Peru, Bylgaria, Mexico suddenly all starting to make chinese lanterns....It doesn't make sense...

You don't have to be Chinese to use let off Chinese lanterns. They are as cheap as chips and very wide spread yes even Bulgaria.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

Hi, OP,

I see that video was uploaded to YT on July 15 2011 and the event dates from June (as the uploader's title above the video on YT tells us). Just noting this in case any members might think this happened only in the past few days.

You comment that you think it's unlikely these things are Chinese lanterns because of the location. Why? I live in Prague, Czech Republic, which is not light years from Bulgaria and see such lanterns here a few times every year (especially in holiday periods). I don't see any reason why Bulgarians wouldn't have them.

Frankly I don't see much difference between what is shown in that video and what I've seen in the skies here over Prague. And as I said, in the cases I've observed here they were simply Chinese lanterns.

EDIT: here's a link to a local (Czech) website for their page where they sell Chinese lanterns. (Czech for Chinese lantern is "lampion".) They work out at around $1.50 each or thereabouts. Down in the lower left hand corner there's even a little video that shows kids assembling them and then an adult helping to launch them in a park. (Daytime - easier to see for filming the video. It's a Prague park: we can see Prague castle in the background at the end there.) The video ends with "thank" and a list of some websites that sell Chinese lanterns here. As I said, people like them.

(End edit.)

Mike

edit on 28/10/11 by JustMike because: Added link and details.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I like the last vid. That Jerusalem clip is awesomely baffling.

Crazy sh*t is happening.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Well truthfully it doesn't matter to me what you think. If you think they are that then go ahead and think that I am not here to make you think what I think.

I am just trying to point out that it doesn't amke much sense.
And you are jumping to a conclusion, and ridiculing my point.

Saying things without facts to back them up doesn't make them true, how do you know that these chinese lanterns are so widely available in bulgaria, have you been there, do you know every store that sells them off hand? I just want you to back up your claims is all...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

As I said, Czechs use Chinese lanterns, too. They're very cheap, readily available from shops that sell party supplies and the like, and they look really cool floating slowly across the sky on a still night. They can be a bit of a fire risk, though, if they happen to get lodged in a tree or in the eaves of a building.

But whatever, just telling you that we do have them in Europe.

Mike

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I never said they were aliens... I said it is unlikely that thy are chinese lantern, but I digress..
Since everyone here is an expert I will stop posting videos....

have a good day...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

post by KingAtlas
I mean just wtch some are amazing reports I have never heard of..

All the sightings in this video have been discussed and shown to be ....

China 1...Long exposure picture of plane or helicopter
China 2...Rocket
Norway..Rocket
Sydney..Another Rocket
Moscow...Cloud
Jerusalem .... ... Four letters , begins with H....and it was
New York ...Balloons
California...Sky divers
And on and on and on

The video in your OP is obviously Lanterns .

I aslo think it is very unlikely to be chinese lantern, because of the location.

Why ? don't they have lanterns in Bulgaria

wha tdo you think is the size of the chinese population there

What you have to be Chinese to let of lanterns now

edit on 28-10-2011 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Crumbs, mate -- I never said that you said they were aliens or anything! You asked us for opinions and I gave mine based on my own experience with what is not an uncommon sight in my part of the world. I'm not having a go at you, just telling you what I think they are in that vid, that's all. And I backed it up with a link to a site here that sells Chinese lanterns.

Just by the way I've been to Bulgaria and the people there are pretty like here. Like to have their parties and fun. (Actual Bulgarians are great party people.
)

My feeling is I'd rather you post something and let us see it than not. No harm in that, especially as you didn't make any claims that the video shows something alien.

EDIT: here's a short Video from Gdansk where some Polish people are releasing Chinese lanterns as part of a memorial celebration in the city. "Lampiony do Nieba" means "Lanterns to Heaven".

Mike

edit on 28/10/11 by JustMike because: added edit.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Yes i see everything was discusse, and so now it is indisutable fact, any one who questions any of it is a fool to be ridiculed...

Just because it has been discussed before doesn't make it a FACT.
What is discussed is still only the general consenssus of the group dicussing it.
I wish you guys wouldn't claim things as if they were written in stone.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

reply to post by JustMike

I never said they were aliens... I said it is unlikely that thy are chinese lantern, but I digress..
Since everyone here is an expert I will stop posting videos....

have a good day...

Don't be put off posting. People are just sharing their honest opinions on how the objects in the video appear. They slowly appear and disappear, they are an orangey colour and they just drift along making no stops or turns. The most obvious and mundane explanation is chinese lanterns.

Of course it would be a different story if we had a first hand witness statement where somebody said they didn't look like lanterns. With only the video, people are going to form the obvious conclusions, no-one is saying they know 100%

(Edit- also a translation of what they were saying would help, as you said)
edit on 28-10-2011 by DrHammondStoat because: -

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

The language in the video is not Bulgarian. It is Russian. So did Russians video record this in Bulgaria?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nedined

I have no idea, I just came across it thought it was interesting, and posted it.

I did ask to see if anyone could translate

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

www.itsadirectory.com...

Sky Lanterns have been the focus throughout Bulgaria this summer season for numerous occurrences. Until their recognition intensified barely a hundred and fifty lanterns had been released within the initial happening in Varna, Bulgaria.
www.chinesewishlanterns.com...
Chinese Lantern in the Skies of Bulgaria

Seems there’s a group traveling around doing this.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

post by KingAtlas
Just because it has been discussed before doesn't make it a FACT.

No common sense and research makes it fact .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join