It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thailand Floods - rain-making gone mad???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
From A.G.s' link(s) (thx):

BRRAA has a staff of over 500 persons including scientists, engineers, pilots, aircraft and electronic technicians, general administrators, and labors. The BRRAA also has its own sizable facilities and extensive equipment such as cloud seeding aircraft (21 units), cloud-physics aircraft (2 units), Doppler weather radar (5 units), and rawinsonde (5 units). The BRRAA Head Quarter is in Bankgkok and its field activities run by the rainmaking operation center (8 units) and the rainmaking research centers (4 units) (see fig. 1). The annual funding level is about $US 20 million.

The annual field operation missions normally start from the beginning of summer (February) to the end of rainy season (October).

and:

thailandaviation.blogspot.com...

which talks about an operation to cloud seed in 2008 involving 5,500 flights and costing $27 million. It also notes the rainy season as normally from May to October.

Even though A.G.s' link states 1955 as a beginning for Thai cloud seeding, there doesn't appear to be any activity until the mid-'90's and that was a lot of research with operations in earnest beginning in 2005. There also is not a clear link between the King of Thailand and the patents.

So if their normal pattern was to cloud seed during the rainy season and this worked well for them up until this year, it would seem that something changed.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Still waiting on a causal relationship between the cloud seeding and flooding caused by monsoon season.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
From A.G.s' link(s) (thx):
Even though A.G.s' link states 1955 as a beginning for Thai cloud seeding, there doesn't appear to be any activity until the mid-'90's and that was a lot of research with operations in earnest beginning in 2005.

2nd paragraph:

Recognizing the potential in augmenting national water supplies, a concept of rainmaking or rain enhancement by means of cloud seeding was introduced by His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand on 14 November 1955. Since the late 1960’s scientific and technical organizations in the Kingdom of Thailand have been involved with a series of experiments and operational programs to increase rainfall through weather modification. A national scale program of weather modification began in 1971 and was formalized in 1975 through establishment of the Bureau of Royal Rainmaking and Agricultural Aviation (BRRAA).

There also is not a clear link between the King of Thailand and the patents.

The Patent itself is online if you search for it - you are allowed to do research for yuorself....

So if their normal pattern was to cloud seed during the rainy season and this worked well for them up until this year, it would seem that something changed.

As you say - IF their normal pattern".......they say the season is until the end of the rainy season - as you'd expect - they use it to fill reservoirs for teh upcoming dry season -

The principal objective of the operational mission is to increase rainfall through the seeding of clouds over the important water basins and agricultural areas of Thailand, where rainfall in some years is less than optimal for crop production.
, and later

(3) All of the dams in the responsible area reached the water storage of more than 80% of their maximum storage capacities.

There is no indication of anything "going wrong" this season

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
You people and your "The government is killing us" rhetoric.

One question that is not ever answered on ATS when you guys scream this bull#:

Why would the gov that needs its people kill/destroy/disable the people they need to stay in power?

Ask....

Hitler...
Mao...
Polpot...
Stalin...
and several others such as Holdren and Pianka.

Perhaps you care to explain away rule #1 on the Georgia Guidestones ???

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Perhaps you would care to explain why the Georgia Guidestones are relevant to the real world in the first place??

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Could you perhaps provide insight into how the "chemtrails" are poisoning the people, but not the "TPTB" who breathe the same air?

More importantly, can you provide evidence that the air contains chemicals from airplanes spraying?

If you can do that, we can discuss the comparison of leaders now to the leaders you listed. Otherwise what you said is unfounded.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
With reference to the timescales mentioned earlier in the thread, and the premise that all this rainmaking has contributed to the floods, the news article linked below shows that the operation in 2010 was considered a failure and that 5 additional aircraft were requested from the Air Force to bolster operations. Can anyone find a follow up to this piece that shows if the request was granted or how this years operations were considered to have gone?

reliefweb.int...

Edit, also found this. Up to 30 aircraft available for this including a number provided by the Thai Air Force, so the answer to my earlier question would be yes.

reliefweb.int...

And while I do understand the question the OP is asking, I am not yet seeing any causal link between the two.

If I have it right, the rivers broke their banks following Thailand suffering heavy rainfall from Tropical storm Haima. There doesn't seem to be anything to suggest that the rivers were already more full than normal beforehand, or any link to reservoirs at all.

This is where I am at as a neutral.
edit on 2-11-2011 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The 'Royal Rainmaking' seems to have anticipated the current situation and, with a sigh of resignation, proceeded anyway.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

"We must use the wrath of nature as our teacher," the king said in 1990. "If we can find a way to keep floodwater in reserve and to use it when it's needed, it will be a double boon."

However, Blake says, the plan implied that communities around Bangkok would be sacrificed to save the heart of the capital – something that is now occurring. And overzealous bureaucrats at times diverted waters into farmland rather than the reservoirs.

At the end of March, 2011, the dry season, 50 inches of rain fell in just over a week.

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

With this event as a platform, 'Royal Rainmaking' began in April of 2011 and was scheduled to continue through October.

asiapacific.anu.edu.au...

NASA's Earth Science Project, SEAC4RS, was tentatively scheduled to join the 'Royal Rainmakers.'

www.espo.nasa.gov...

Here's the 'Royal Rainmaking' patent which includes moving clouds.

www.freepatentsonline.com...

And on moving clouds...

www.trust.org...

Scientists from the Aquiess Global Rain Project - an Australian firm that uses electromagnetic waves to influence the path of clouds - have offered to help Kenya, Ethiopia and Somalia produce more rain.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Awesome, I didn't realize the king realized that keeping floodwater in reserve for drought season would be good. Could you explain to me why it's a good idea?
edit on 11/2/11 by adeclerk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Well done - you have found some actual info rather than relying upon speculation.

It still doesn't tell us where and for how long the rainmaking actually went on, or anything else that shows a direct link, and your comments still start from the unproven premise that there is a link, but it is a lot closer than any previous info you've found!
edit on 2-11-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
In this thread I have restated the OP (in different words; with and without different links) 4 times. The OP's questions were of interest to me. Those have still not been addressed because however many pages later we are still restating the OP. This goes on in alot of geoengineering threads. It makes the forum cumbersome because many times the OP isssues never get discussed. Will the OP return to dialogue? I don't know.

To think that in restating the OP, the OP questions have been answered is a mistake. Motive was the driving issue, and mindset and the question of method globally. These are all still on the table.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I think the OPs original question of "is it rain making gone mad" has been answered quite thoroughly. I don't understand why you need to bring it up over and over, expecting a different answer. Isn't that what insane people do?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join