It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thailand Floods - rain-making gone mad???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzTruth

Click here for more information.

Ofcourse you did.... I don't even know why I bother sticking up for myself.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTruth

The more I think about this, the stranger it is. Perhaps it was something else they were doing in the sky and just calling it rain making. Then when their activities did create rain, not their original intention, they just started back pedalling and that's why there's not a straight answer to why they would take such a stupid action.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Or maybe they cloud seed to make the drought season shorter, and the flooding is because of monsoon season?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
reply to post by OzTruth

The more I think about this, the stranger it is.

What is it you think is strange about the monsoon??

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
yeah I think actively rain making during the offseason is good discussion to have.... messing with nature is the reason why there is a higher than expected rain fall....

To fill or produce water and moisture in the area prior to a monsoon season isnt smart, you are filling dams that are suppose to be empty when the monsoons come and the moisture pick up by the monsoon would strengthen the monsoons....

So good on her for thinking there is more to it, I too think it's "rain making gone mad"

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

yeah I think actively rain making during the offseason is good discussion to have.... messing with nature is the reason why there is a higher than expected rain fall....

To fill or produce water and moisture in the area prior to a monsoon season isnt smart, you are filling dams that are suppose to be empty when the monsoons come and the moisture pick up by the monsoon would strengthen the monsoons....

So good on her for thinking there is more to it, I too think it's "rain making gone mad"

Yeah...it's possible the government group there had a temporary lapse in sanity but from what I've read on rainmaking it could have been an unintended side-effect of another activity. Particles to make rain are specifically engineered today to do that and satellites and ambient atmosphere modelling are used to make sure the rain falls in the intended place. Sometimes particles put into the atmosphere for another purpose catch it just right and then there are a whole bunch of people looking stupid with a lot of questions to answer. People are dead either because of stupidity or...? It also could just be that all of this techno rainmaking just looks smart but is actually clueless.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Pollution causing the planet to warm, maybe. But cloud seeding did not affect the rainfall during the monsoon season.

The water is already there, in the clouds that must be present for cloud seeding to occur. Cloud seeding doesn't generate clouds, it causes precipitation to come out of existing ones.

You can think whatever you want, it doesn't make the idea any less absurd.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

The water is already there

During the offseason water is already there??? During drought the water is already there?? Um ok....

What is so hard to understand that nature is a fine balance, that monsoons hit drought affected areas, that having dams filled when they are supposed to be empty isn't going to help, understand what we are saying here, rain making during the offseason, drought, didn't not allow for the natural cycle of rain to fill the dams and stream instead with the rain making during the off season, the monsoons have now instead overflowed... What is so hard to understand what we are discussing... Instead you call us absurd... That's not cool.. But thanks for the negative feedback.
edit on 31-10-2011 by OzTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

During the offseason water is already there??? During drought the water is already there?? Um ok....

Yes, water must be present for cloud seeding to work. It's present in the clouds, they seed them to make water precipitate from them (rain).

What is so hard to understand that nature is a fine balance, that monsoons hit drought affected areas, that having dams filled when they are supposed to be empty isn't going to help, understand what we are saying here, rain making during the offseason, drought, didn't not allow for the natural cycle of rain to fill the dams and stream instead with the rain making during the off season, the monsoons have now instead overflowed... What is so hard to understand what we are discussing... Instead you call us absurd... That's not cool.. But thanks for the negative feedback.

It's not a balance at all. There will never be equal periods of drought made up for by monsoons. I think you guys attract so much attention because your understanding of the world is founded upon blatant misconceptions (like your idea of "balance" in nature).

But I can hardly imagine why they would want to fill up their reservoirs during drought season. Probably nothing to do with providing water to the people, or anything.
edit on 10/31/11 by adeclerk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

OMG it's like talking to a brick wall.

When I talk about seeding (rain making) and referring to water I am talking about water in the dams and streams not in the clouds....

And yes during the drought/offseason they make rain in effect causing the landscape to have more water.

Then the predicted monsoons come and do what for the lives of the people you are talking about...

When you live in a region that has drought then heavy rains is a good idea to leave nature alone...

All you are doing is trying to ruin a good discussion with what I already know. Yes clouds have to be present and water as to be in them...

The premise of this thread is "did their rain making go too far" no one knows here if or when they stopped their cloud seeding experiments... Can you answer that or provide evidence of when?? Do you have a problem in understanding that I understand what you are talking about. Try and understand what we are discussing... It's certainly not "how to cloud seed" or that "monsoons are happening" we know that...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTruth

You seem to not be getting it. Cloud seeding in one season has no effect on another. This flooding occurs each monsoon season, it happens to be worse this year. It is not worse because of cloud seeding, the rivers are overflowing their banks (haven't heard anything about problems with the reservoirs).

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
good thread
good find

sorta like the Haarp thing...humans messing with nature but not understanding the ramification of long term effects...modern humans seem to be the only animal that does not know how to live in harmony with the earth.....oh well, time to start over

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

It's not a balance at all. There will never be equal periods of drought made up for by monsoons. I think you guys attract so much attention because your understanding of the world is founded upon blatant misconceptions (like your idea of "balance" in nature).

Starting to understand the source of contention here. So balance in nature, to you, would mean
duration of drought = duration of monsoon. Anything out side of that tidy little package is an invitation for geoengineering? So if the drought season is expected to be longer than the monsoon season, it's ok to fill up all the dams with water in preparation for the monsoon. What kind of logic is that?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

It's very simple. You see, when there is a drought, you cloud seed so that fresh water can be supplied from a reservoir (you can't fill up a dam). When a monsoon comes, it causes flooding in the rivers (unrelated to the dam). This isn't a hard concept, it actually happens to every river on a yearly basis. Of course, flooding doesn't always occur to this extent. To decide there is a causal relationship between cloud seeding done in the dry season, to flooding that has been occurring since late July is just absurd.

As a side note, both of you are aware that reservoir levels can be controlled, right? The point of a dam isn't just to create a reservoir, it also is the only means by which the reservoir's water level is maintained.

Would it be appropriate for me to blame monsoon season flooding on rain that occurred months before?

edit on 10/31/11 by adeclerk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The ONLY reason we support a military dictatorship in Thailand is because they've been borrowing BILLIONS from the IMF/World Bank.

Easy to make money off of them. Cripple their economy so they can't make their payments so they have to borrow more...and more...and more.

$$$$.

As their rural poor have less and less money they've been starving, they can't even afford rice. The "Red Shirts" that were protesting awhile ago, there were many of them skinny as Ethiopians....they were starving. US Media never showed pictures of the skinny starving Red Shirts. Al Jazaeera, RT news showed them to the world.

You gotta generate wealth somehow to pay retirements to the US military retirees....there's millions of them now needing retirement checks. Only way to generate the needed money......

Play God with other countries. It's not like they're smart enough to realize we did it.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Before you start blaming the monsoon rainfall in SE Asia on cloud seeding, you must first show that cloud seeding works.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Of course, flooding doesn't always occur to this extent. To decide there is a causal relationship between cloud seeding done in the dry season, to flooding that has been occurring since late July is just absurd.

So essentially you're saying that there is no relationship - cause and effect - between geoengineering and floods. Floods then, according to you, would always be caused by monsoons and floods, according to you, would never be caused by geoengineering. Is that about it?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

So essentially you're saying that there is no relationship - cause and effect - between geoengineering and floods. Floods then, according to you, would always be caused by monsoons and floods, according to you, would never be caused by geoengineering. Is that about it?

Until any evidence surfaces that a natural disaster has been caused by cloud seeding, yes, floods are caused by natural processes. In this case, rain from monsoon season.

Of course, a flood could be caused by a dam breaking, which I guess you could say was geo-engineering. But here this is not the case.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

So essentially you're saying that there is no relationship - cause and effect - between geoengineering and floods.

Personally I think you have not shown any evidence that cloud seeding was a cause for this flood.

I can see how cloud seeding COULD be a cause for flooding - along with many other possible factors - but to say that it IS a cause you need to have some evidence of the connection.

And there's been none presented for this instance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join