It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thailand Floods - rain-making gone mad???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

But they knew rain was coming, so they wanted more???

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OzTruth

give what up ? your unevienced fantasy ?

again what is your evidence for the claim that they were cloud seeding in monsoon season ?

and for crying out loud - dont say its :

upload date to you tube by a non-official source is ZERO evidence that thi thais were cloudseeding in june 2011 - its only evidence of when the vid was hosted on y-tube

so whats your evidence ?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OzTruth

You're failing to establish a causal relationship with cloud seeding and flooding while ignoring the causal relationship to monsoon season and flooding.

But you're right, modern disasters must be caused by government intervention, they've never happened before without it!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Interesting OP OzTruth...been watching these (what are they called these days - biblical?) floods on the news and it's nice to be able to put a cause with the effect. F&S's for you for following the bread crumbs. I don't know how far logic is going to get you with this crowd but you impressed me if that's any consolation.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzTruth
reply to post by alfa1

I haven't posted this to say that they did it then in June and the results are happening now, I have raised the question that if they were doing it then, whose to say they didn't get out of hand in July or that they are still doing it now...

do you have any actual connecting evidence? "Who's to say" isn't evidence of anything.

In a post above you say you have but I don't actually see it anywhere - could you make it clearer?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

ok so a monsoon season is happening right now, that's the third time I have stated this....

To cloud seed before the the season to provide more rain before or during seems like it's "rain-making gone mad"

Even to fill their dams and streams before the season seems a bit backward.... There is enough evidence to suggest that at the very least, they seed during the off season.... who knows when or if they stopped, that's the discussion. I am sorry you struggle to see what is being discussed here....

So give up trying to trash this thread...

also your spelling and grammar is atrocious..... Correct spelling is always a good indication of intelligence.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk
reply to post by OzTruth

You're failing to establish a causal relationship with cloud seeding and flooding while ignoring the causal relationship to monsoon season and flooding.

But you're right, modern disasters must be caused by government intervention, they've never happened before without it!

Really?, I have quoted wiki identifying that the monsoon season is happening, the discussion is why they are cloud seeding before, why would they see it necessary to fill dams, streams and all that before the monsoon season starts. Yes natural disasters occur all the time, but for a region that has experienced floods and monsoon seasons pretty much annually, this seems to be the worst. Especially for Bangkok to be effected the way it is.

I haven't identified cloud seeding with flooding, it's being discussed as a possibility for the increased intensity.

I never said modern disasters must be caused by governments, so don't try and spin it to suit your own opinion.

But thanks for the feedback.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

reply to post by alfa1

I haven't posted this to say that they did it then in June and the results are happening now, I have raised the question that if they were doing it then, whose to say they didn't get out of hand in July or that they are still doing it now...

do you have any actual connecting evidence? "Who's to say" isn't evidence of anything.

In a post above you say you have but I don't actually see it anywhere - could you make it clearer?

I have shown that cloud seeding and weather modification in the region is very active, maybe to active considering they have a monsoon season.

I don't know how much more clearer I need to make it....

In addition another YouTube that is related to the region.

Royal Rainmaking Thailand

With all this technology being used before monsoon season, were these practises best to be avoided??

But thanks for adding your informative discussion....

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OzTruth

Have you ever thought to study more about meteorology, before jumping immediately to the conclusion of "cloud-seeding"?

Have you heard of a phenomenon called the El Niño-Southern Oscillation ?

ENSO causes extreme weather (such as floods and droughts) in many regions of the world. Developing countries dependent upon agriculture and fishing, particularly those bordering the Pacific Ocean, are the most affected. In popular usage, the El Niño-Southern Oscillation is often called just "El Niño".

More (and even more available on a 'net search):

NOAA's El Niño Page

To add, from just above:

I have shown that cloud seeding and weather modification in the region is very active, maybe to active considering they have a monsoon season.

Just to clarify -- can you show a factual source that indicates cloud-seeding activity on a day immediately prior to the onset of the tremendous rains that have led to this flooding?

In other words.....if the cloud-seeding were last carried out in, say....September (as an example) or even first week of October, then.....the current rains wold have not been a direct result of activities on those dates, since too much time has elapsed.

Savvy?

edit on Fri 28 October 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
Interesting OP OzTruth...been watching these (what are they called these days - biblical?) floods on the news and it's nice to be able to put a cause with the effect. F&S's for you for following the bread crumbs. I don't know how far logic is going to get you with this crowd but you impressed me if that's any consolation.

Thanks for your kind words, I am glad you can see what is going here with all these replies... I think people find its easier to clutch to the majority of thought which is "oh it's just a monsoon season" we have established that it could be. Like you, we recognize that cloud seeding is a unneccessary practise for such an active flood region...

Thanks again.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

I haven't jumped into any conclusion it's a discussion about cloud seeding and the effect that is has on a monsoon season.

Being Australian i definitely know about el-nino.

So I will ask you, if the Thai government knew of the impending monsoons season or el-nino, why would they continue to cloud seed during the off season? Obviously filling their dams and streams before the season isn't the smartest thing to do...

Maybe you're just trying to make me sound dumb...

But thanks for your info on what the Pacific weather does without added modifications.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Dear All
Ok we need a little perspective here I think.

First off there are always floods in Thailand every year and particularly in the Bangkok area.

Bangkok is a city made on a natural swamp. While the floods in parts of Bangkok look very bad the day before yesterday a friend on mine in Bangkok said there where no floods in his area. Which is Latphrao near Bangkapi in the coming weeks they may be hit but not right now.

Now while sorry for the families of the over 350 dead, what you are not getting is how many are living that have not been killed in traffic accidents because of the flooding.

This year the rain started in February which is very early normally not starting until May. The weather out here has been altering for at least the last 10 years with droughts one year and floods this year.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

I don't know how much more clearer I need to make it....

Well some actual connection would be good - for example not only do they have a monsoon season, they also have a dry season and droughts - and they do cloud seeding during the droughts - rain making for drought in March 2011 - the monsoon season is September or thereabout - why do you think that rain making in March would have any effect on the Monsoons 5-6 months later????

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OzTruth

So I will ask you, if the Thai government knew of the impending monsoons season or el-nino, why would they continue to cloud seed during the off season? Obviously filling their dams and streams before the season isn't the smartest thing to do...

I honestly don't know. Whether their intent was to fill reservoirs during the dry seasons and droughts, or just to help their agriculture industry survive until monsoon season.

Maybe you're just trying to make me sound dumb...

Not at all, never the intention. Merely showing alternatives to an idea, rather than going all "bandwagon" because....."there are always possibilities". (As Spock is fond of saying......)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I don't.... The floods started at the end of July. not September. as the wiki link I provided in the OP states. Even then I am not saying March weather modifications had any effect. Nor have I said that anywhere...

It would be good if we could find the status of the drought from March - July though and the impact cloud seeding had on dam levels and streams during this time.... Were they filled before the floods?

Again, I will be looking forward to your next input.... maybe stick to what I am discussing instead of trying to spin it in your favor.

edit on 28-10-2011 by OzTruth because: added more

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
Dear All
Ok we need a little perspective here I think.

First off there are always floods in Thailand every year and particularly in the Bangkok area.

Bangkok is a city made on a natural swamp. While the floods in parts of Bangkok look very bad the day before yesterday a friend on mine in Bangkok said there where no floods in his area. Which is Latphrao near Bangkapi in the coming weeks they may be hit but not right now.

Now while sorry for the families of the over 350 dead, what you are not getting is how many are living that have not been killed in traffic accidents because of the flooding.

This year the rain started in February which is very early normally not starting until May. The weather out here has been altering for at least the last 10 years with droughts one year and floods this year.

If the rain did start early, maybe they made it happen??? That's the whole premise of this thread. To uncover exactly what's going on. out of all this I think they should have just stopped the weather mods all together. Knowing what was to come. But in hindsight that is easy to say. it's starting to seem more like they should have considered the implications cloud seeding would have before a monsoon season

Excellent info you provided... I'm being sincere..
edit on 28-10-2011 by OzTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Yes it is all certainly interesting... who knows right?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
For everyone's info - the Thai met office's monthly summaries are available here - www.tmd.go.th...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTruth

Dear OzTruth

There has been some small time cloud seeding to produce rain that is sure but small time. You can not make it rain when there is no cloud.

All this is, is a peck on a graph a 50 year high. Just nothing really unusual in this part of the world.

Over the last 15 years or so the weather has got cooler here, well according to BBC world news anyway. For the first 5 years I was here the temperature in Bangkok was always 38ºC. These days it is around 32 or 33 each day. Now that could just be the BBC, but this is what I have noticed over the years.

The fact is here like most likely everywhere else in the world there is not enough cash put into infrastructure. Companies are allowed to build houses but no one is paying for the new reservoirs that will be needed to supply them.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTruth

ah - you cannot anwer the question or support your claims , do you devolve to ad-hom attacks - typical

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join