It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

your situation around your area

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
So what go thought your head, when you create a survival plan around you place.

1. Reason: How or why did you end up in this situation?
2. Location: Alaska, Ontario, New Mexico, Colombia, Africa. Etc. and urban, rural or slightly both
3. Environment: Arctic, forest, Jungle, Desert. Etc.
4. Temperature: Average temp. Extreme heat, Moderate, Cold, Extreme cold. Etc.
5. Number in party: Several people or a lone person.
6. Health: Are there any injuries.
7. Equipment: If any. Describe in detail to the point of how a person is dressed.
8. Desired out come: Use specific questions. I.e. What would be your first priority? What kind of shelter would you build? Would you try to walk or drive out?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
ne texas.country rural.flood and droughts is the weather.snow occasionally.surrounded by three lakes and thick oak woods.soil is clay.only the hardy will survive this area.the locals pissed me off ,so i decided to stay and exact revenge.now i live better than most.learn what the ground will grow.then grow more than anybody else.find breeds of fruit trees and veggies that the local oldtimers grow.that is how to survive.make do,or learn to live without.dont owe anybody.pay off everything.then you are free and secure.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I live in a middle eastern country that took part in Arab spring. We live just a few miles from the airport. By land we can't go anywhere but Saudi Arabia and Yemen. By sea we're looking at Iran.

My plan if it all goes tits up? Get. To. The. Damned. Airport. STAT. Beyond that, there isn't much I can do.

In a way it's all so much simpler. I can go anywhere that isn't in turmoil. Until we run out of money, anyway.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Europe, the Netherlands. That is where I live. I live in a sub urban area. My biggest disadvantage and advantage at the same time is that my house is next to the largest super market in a radius of 25 kilometers.

In case of trouble people will head there to get supplies and not necessarily in a polite manner so it might be dangerous. However if it's a very abrupt trouble and people won't have the chance to move then I'll be in a great position with all the supplies next door.

The environment is mostly sub urban traditional 3 story row housing built around a city center. After the houses there is 5 kilometers of farmland surrounding my village to the next village. We are almost entirely covered by dykes with fences (advantage, keep out? or disadvantage, dead trap?)

Our climate is moderate. Our winters are often soft and springs and summers are rather pleasant.

I have my family that I'll hopefully make moves with as I'm not an einzelganger at all. I've been to Sweden last holiday for two weeks with a hammock and a few cans of food and I can tell you that after that experience I enjoy people and my ceramic toilet.

I will do everything in my power to keep life as 'civilized' as possible. Having proper showers and a proper toilet for example would be my second largest priorities. Food and water is definitely 1st.

I have no illnesses and no medications nor does my family.

As a fanatic camper (and a little bit of a minimal survivalist) I have tons of equipment that is used to make camping more comfortable. I only have equipment that is really useful and fulfills an important task in comforting your stay. It is my goal to replace equipment with knowledge and I have been doing that for a couple of years so I'm pretty sure I would be able to care after myself and a few other people for a while. I also have a lot of army gear as a hobby collector.

I'm the more rebuild-it-well-this-time-around kind of person and I would really try to get as much sane people together to rebuild and lighten the survival for each other. Also for morale, it is good to have people around.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEwTRUTH
So what go thought your head, when you create a survival plan around you place.

1. Reason: How or why did you end up in this situation?
2. Location: Alaska, Ontario, New Mexico, Colombia, Africa. Etc. and urban, rural or slightly both
3. Environment: Arctic, forest, Jungle, Desert. Etc.
4. Temperature: Average temp. Extreme heat, Moderate, Cold, Extreme cold. Etc.
5. Number in party: Several people or a lone person.
6. Health: Are there any injuries.
7. Equipment: If any. Describe in detail to the point of how a person is dressed.
8. Desired out come: Use specific questions. I.e. What would be your first priority? What kind of shelter would you build? Would you try to walk or drive out?

this is mine
1. anything
2. Perth western Australia
3. Mediterranean, bush
4. moderate-hot
5. 5 people
6. foot and back
7. bob it's going in a differnt thread
8. stand locatian till last minute(depends on scenario) or drive out and keep my family safe

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

edit on 28-10-2011 by THEwTRUTH because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I wish I was smart enough to have planned our family's set up, but I am not. There were many factors, and as it turns out, all of them were good. As such, I can mostly say it was divine providence that blessed us with our refuge.

We live on a 50 acre farm set up on a hill in northern central North Carolina. Across the road is a lake and on the other three sides are low lands and swamp criscrossed with creeks and streams. The land is rolling and almost as if we are in the foothills of the mountains but we are not.

There is abundant wildlife.. deer, rabbit, squirrel, quail, and even ducks in the shallow wetlands of the swamps and bogs. With so much water there is plentiful fishing. Natural foods such as berries, persimmons, cattails, even heirloom apples and pears on old homesteads dot the area. Abandoned roads and rail roads from the 19th and early 20th century cut through the woods creating natural and hidden corridors through the swamps and ridges.

Our farm is in a very rural area and the road is like a giant upside down horseshoe... a loop road... and so there are only 2 ways to the house and they both cross bridges in the bottoms to get here. We are about an hour away from any major cities and about 30 minutes from the large towns. Actually to get to the nearest country store is a 6 mile drive.

The community is close knit and unaware that they are clannish. They are very nice and hospitable, but after living here 10 years, only now am I getting into the "inner circles" of community life... stuff like the deer stew some of the guys cook down at the country store on Saturday afternoon or who to get to help process my meat in "unofficial" and illegal process operations. Don't worry...they are terribly clean and careful, just uninspected... we don't want any "guvment folks" snooping around here.

The farmhouse dates from the US Civil War and comes with hand hewn logs for floor joists, a laid rock foundation, and a hand dug root cellar at the base of a massive chimney. The land is rich and produces an abundant garden and is very supportive of my livestock...which consists of horses, meat and milk goats, pigs, chickens, and a turkey named Tom.

Basically, if and when the SHTF, the plan is to get to the farm... that goes for me and the wife, the kids, our parents, and any friends that can make it. We have ample room and lots of work in the event we get to that point. Then we cut down trees across the road before the bridges, create as many obstacles on the raod as possible. Then we hang animal skulls...goats and pigs...with intimidating warning signs for the psychological element.

Then we run barbed wire on the outer fringes for added obstacles. Spread out our resources away from the house in significant naturally landmarked areas and in old sheds away from the house and down in the woods, divy up duties such as wood cutting, plowing and gardening, patrol and skirmish lines at key entries...see the good thing about the swamps in the bottoms is it channels traffic to the roads and bridges. Then we check up on our neighbors, network with them and try to set up some sort of militia or response group...similar to the "minutemen" of the hamlets and byways of colonial America.

Anyway...that's it. Good hunting, ladies and gentlemen.
edit on 28-10-2011 by AlreadyGone because: spelling

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Hello,

Do you intend on destroying road and bridge? I think this would be considerable to make it harder to get to your safe haven.
You are indeed very lucky.
edit on 28/10/11 by novuslibertas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by novuslibertas

I thought about it, but if they want to cross they will and i will have wasted a considerable amount of explosives I can't replace... so no, the bridges won't be blown... just blocked. To remove the obstacles would take an army, and if an army were attacking...again, they could replace the bridges or simply heli-drop troops in.

It is mainly meant to slow and impede wandering masses.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
s.e asia far up the mekong. tropical hot but does cool down during monsoon season. jungle, mountains, unexploded 40+ year old u.s ordinance, wild animals, one person nearest village a days walk on foot through the jungle from there a week trip downriver to nearest city. Built house, planted garden, tropical fruit trees, good fishing nearby.. Got disgusted with so-called civilisation and walked away from it all. Have everything that need here, make annual trip to vietnam and china to visit my adopted children (now grown) and grandson. life out here will go on as it always has long after things fall apart in the west..

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
I live in a middle eastern country that took part in Arab spring. We live just a few miles from the airport. By land we can't go anywhere but Saudi Arabia and Yemen. By sea we're looking at Iran.

My plan if it all goes tits up? Get. To. The. Damned. Airport. STAT. Beyond that, there isn't much I can do.

In a way it's all so much simpler. I can go anywhere that isn't in turmoil. Until we run out of money, anyway.

You wouldnt want to go to airport, dear. Airports are always targets for obvious reasons. If you are boxed in in hostile territory you might want to dig in and prepare for it that way.

Much luck to you

new topics

top topics

join