It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy wall street movement infiltration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
After reading a rather interesting thread about a reporter baiting protestors with bongs and cigarette papers peace signs with weed leaves on them etc etc,does anyone else wonder if TPTB and the MSM have people inside the movement posing as protestors??

After all anyone could be taking part,would it not be foolish for them not to know what the vibe was,potential tip offs for the authorities etc??

Anyone have a better thought on this??

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ScottishBiker420

Meh, it happened to the Tea Party as well with fake White supremists and Neo Nazis.

It's part of the game.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

It doesn't matter anyway because when the cold weather comes, it will be harder to protest and when everyone is gone, they will probably pass a law that "occupying" is against the law and disturbs the peace...etc.

That is my prediction.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Governments do it at protests to start violence and arrests. It would be too easy for a person to dress up in a certain way, talk to the media company it works for and get paid. I haven't seen any obvious examples of it yet from all the things I've seen but I can imagine it happening.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

To infiltrate an opposing group undetected in order to gather information or to seize control from within would be nothing out of the ordinary.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I would think that agent provocateurs would be easy to spot. If they're openly pushing drug use, overt violence, or trying to incite violence, they're a plant.

I would like to believe that the government, the bankers, and the large lawless corporations are terrified of the implications of this "contagion" of protest, but I'm pretty sure somebody from the Rand Corporation saw this coming a long time ago, and have measures already in place for what will come next.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Our Government has been infiltrating protest at least since the 1900's. Their is no doubt the the media is doing it as well. In their eyes it would be stupid for them not to.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Yeah but obviously not being too open about it,they could be the quiet man in the corner,wearing a wire pandering up to certain protestors to gauge whats going on behind the scenes etc

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
If they're openly pushing drug use, overt violence, or trying to incite violence, they're a plant.

You're kidding right? If that is the criteria, then some of the camps have more plants than a Wal-Mart garden section come spring. I'm a very vocal supporter for the ideal and concept of the OWS movement, but I also feel real strong about being realistic and honest about things. I'm not the most popular in some circles because of that, but heck... The public sees some and assumes much worse is actually true, so why not be right up front. There is house cleaning and policy considerations to make in the camps if these can remain viable much longer.

Reporters or 'infiltrators' in this sense are ones I'd tend to welcome if they want to freeze with everyone else.

It's the true infiltrators who are there to agitate at the worst possible moment in time where it will directly spark a violent clash where one might not otherwise have happened that I worry about. I'm sure there are a % of those too...and I hope they don't succeed in their agenda.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
They are doing it outright, but most of it passes by almost unnoticed. They impose solutions to calm down the people, while accomplishing more than they were before. The best example now, would be the proposal of a central world bank. This is exactly why we are protesting, but people are eating it like the bait it is.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious

To infiltrate an opposing group undetected in order to gather information or to seize control from within would be nothing out of the ordinary.
Since this is a freely open group, there's no way to police what will infiltrate ,making it so easy for people with agendas to stand side by side with those who are plain upset.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
In the UK the Police have been caught red handed doing this, to groups who protest against such things as the environment, animal cruelty Etc. So to ask if they would do this sort of thing, well yes they would. As long as they do not get caught doing it. Even at the G20 Protests there were Undercover Officers in the thick of it all. So yes it does happen alot.

And before anyone asks me for a link to back up my claims, here you go:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

BBC News

edit on 27-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: Too add links

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Here is your answer, 2 individuals, identified as police officers at the protests. So would not surprise me, if TPTB have infiltrated the movement.

edit on 31-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

And there it is...

...the police state...

...I don't want to hear the cops that come on here anymore claim that the protesters aren't peaceful, it is the 'peace officers' that are not peaceful at the protests. This type of behavior from them is now a pattern. A cop taking his ATS shift may be along soon to argue about it.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

Oh no doubt, I will be called a liar an all.

The truth speaks for itself in that footage!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I would think that agent provocateurs would be easy to spot. If they're openly pushing drug use, overt violence, or trying to incite violence, they're a plant.

Oh yeah. The tricky part is, though, how to get them out? You can't just muscle them out of the protest, after all. You can't really barricade them off, either - both actions can be taken as incentive by their "connections" to crack down. Or are spun as "disunity at the protest" by the media... or any other such angles.

This is the tricky part of having a protest that isn't coordinated and scheduled by Koch Industries, I suppose.

new topics

top topics

join