It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Books That Give More Detail About Adam and Eve's Life Right After They Get Ousted From Eden?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Peeps,

After I read this couple of books, I became convinced that these are legit. If you've read a lot of the Bible and felt that something was missing, then you are right. There are ton of books missing from the Bible thanks to the council of men who decided to leave them out because they are too hefty and not for the riffe-raffe to know. Though this couple of books is not included in the Apocrypha, I think that some of you will read them and agree that they answer questions that you had about Adam and Eve's life right after they left the garden and what their relationship with God and Satan was really like and and more about their children.

These are the books:

The First Book of Adam and Eve
www.sacred-texts.com...

The Second Book of Adam and Eve
www.sacred-texts.com...

www.sacred-texts.com...

Book I. The careers of Adam and Eve, from the day they left Eden; their dwelling in the Cave of Treasures; their trials and temptations; Satan's manifold apparitions to them. The birth of Cain, of Abel, and of their twin sisters; Cain's love for his own twin sister, Luluwa, whom Adam and Eve wished to join to Abel; the details of Cain's murder of his brother; and Adam's sorrow and death.

Book IL The history of the patriarchs who lived before the Flood; the dwelling of the children of Seth on the Holy Mountain--Mount Hermon--until they were lured by Henun and by the daughters of Cain, to come' down from the mountain. Cain's death, when slain by Lamech the blind; and the lives of other patriarchs until the birth of Noah.

www.sacred-texts.com...
edit on 27-10-2011 by Pocky because: typo

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

Thanks for posting this, I am looking forward to reading them. I have the Lost Books of the Bible, and the Book of Enoch, which are both interesting. I have read that there are a lot of documents books that are locked away at the vatican, and I can only imagine what could be stored there. Anyway, thanks again, and have a good one.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
can you say fiction?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I read most of these lost books ten years ago. They are curious but dont take them too seriously as they have been proven to be fakes due to the style of writing used which differs widely from other christian texts more commonly found and before anyone asks to provide links, proof etc why not do your own research as it will be the only viable evidence you need.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

Personally, I was impressed and glad to come across them. I hope you will feel that way when you finish reading them.

I hope you agree with this critic:

One critic has said of this writing:

"This is we believe, the greatest literary discovery that the world has known. Its effect upon contemporary thought in molding the judgment of the future generations is of incalculable value.

"The treasures of Tut-ank-Amen's Tomb were no more precious to the Egyptologist than are these literary treasures to the world of scholarship."

But we prefer to let the reader make his own exploration and form his own opinion. The writing is arresting enough to inspire very original thoughts concerning it,

More to the story of why Cain slayed Abel.

In general, this account begins where the Genesis story of Adam and Eve leaves off. Thus the two can not well be compared; here we have a new chapter--a sort of sequel to the other. Here is the story of the twin sisters of Cain and Abel, and it is notable that here the blame for the first murder is placed squarely at the door of a difference over Woman.

www.sacred-texts.com...

edit on 27-10-2011 by Pocky because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2011 by Pocky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

Bible thanks to the council of men who decided to leave them out because they are too hefty and not for the riffe-raffe to know.

What 'council of men'?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Why would books written by people in modern time
be called sacred - these are fiction - right?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I believe the op refers to the Council of Nicaea in 325 A.D. It was a gathering of christian leaders brought together by Emperor Constantine to determine an official bible.. and which texts would be included in it and which would not. Pretty sure it's thought many of those decisions were made for dubious reasons, rather than what they thought was credible or not. So they pretty much shaped the Bible the way it is today, and in no sense added all the prevalent christian texts of the period.. but only those they felt.. "appropriate".
edit on 27-10-2011 by Resinveins because: typo

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
If you want to read more about Adam and Eve, try reading The Urantia Book. It's been in print since the mid 50's and is now printed in a dozen or so languages and is on the International Best Sellers list.

I discovered it in 1977 and have read it seven times from front to back including many times just picking out a subject and reading it. In the 30-some years I've studied it, it still reads fresh.

But there is a caveat. The Introduction is the hardest part of the book, and the first part you'll meet. I recommend reading from front to back, but a lot readers like to start out in the last section.

Oh yeah, it's just over 2000 pages.

It's a challenge, and not meant for everyone at this time. You've got to approach it with an open mind and be willing to put aside previous beliefs and just read it. You can Google it. There's a lot on the web about it, including the Urantia Foundation in Chicago that originally was responsible for printing the first books.

Good luck if you decide to read it.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins

I believe the op refers to the Council of Nicaea in 325 A.D. It was a gathering of christian leaders brought together by Emperor Constantine to determine an official bible.. and which texts would be included in it and which would not.

Okay, stop right there. The Nicean Council of 325 never discussed books of the Bible. That's a common misconception. The Nicean Council was convened to address the Arian heresy and to nail down a common date for the celebration of Easter. And btw, Constantine didn't have a vote.

Pretty sure it's thought many of those decisions were made for dubious reasons, rather than what they thought was credible or not. So they pretty much shaped the Bible the way it is today, and in no sense added all the prevalent christian texts of the period.. but only those they felt.. "appropriate".

Okay, that has nothing to do with history, are we reading too many Dan Brown fiction books??

The First Council of Nicea was convened by Constantine I upon the recommendations of a synod led by Hosius of Córdoba in the Eastertide of 325. This synod had been charged with investigation of the trouble brought about by the Arian controversy in the Greek-speaking east.[15] To most bishops, the teachings of Arius were heretical and dangerous to the salvation of souls. In the summer of 325, the bishops of all provinces were summoned to Nicea (now known as İznik, in modern-day Turkey), a place easily accessible to the majority of delegates, particularly those of Asia Minor, Syria, Palestine, Egypt, Greece, and Thrace....

The agenda of the synod included:

1. The Arian question regarding the relationship between God the Father and Jesus; i.e. are the Father and Son one in divine purpose only or also one in being

2. The date of celebration of the Paschal/Easter observation

3. The Meletian schism

4. The validity of baptism by heretics

5. The status of the lapsed in the persecution under Licinius

A number of erroneous views have been stated regarding the council's role in establishing the Biblical Canon. In fact, there is no record of any discussion of the Biblical Canon at the council at all. The development of the Biblical Canon took centuries, and was nearly complete (with exceptions known as the Antilegomena) by the time the Muratorian fragment was written, perhaps as early as 150 years before the council, but more likely in the 4th century, specifically at the Council of Carthage in 397. In 331 Constantine commissioned fifty Bibles for the Church of Constantinople, but little else is known, though it has been speculated that this may have provided motivation for canon lists. In Jerome's Prologue to Judith he claims that the Book of Judith was "found by the Nicene Council to have been counted among the number of the Sacred Scriptures".

First Council of Nicea ~ Wiki

edit on 27-10-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by upstairsjim

Hmmm... that Urantia book seems suspect. Another New Age Movement book hijacking true Christianity like "The Shack".

Beware of these books people that have high approval ratings by prestigious groups.

Hell is real. Books that tell otherwise are sweet lies that are gonna end with a sting. - that is my current opinion- ex -newager here.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

It may be the council of Trent he's thinking of. Folks often get the two confused.

ETA: Council of Trent 1545-1563 25 sessions.
en.wikipedia.org...

The earliest indications of the Old Testament canon come from the time of Ezra and Nehemiah and suggest that the process had begun during the Babylonian captivity (605-535 BC) with the Torah (the 1st 5 Books of the Bible). But the process was probably not complete until sometime in the 2nd Century BC. Deciding which books were to be included was done by senior priests based on general agreement that each book was authentic (written by the person identified as its author) and divinely inspired.
The New Testament had pretty much come together by 150AD but there continued to be discussion about a few books until about 400 AD. It was not officially canonized until the Council of Trent in the 1500′s. There were three basic criteria for inclusion.
1. Were the authors either eyewitnesses to the events they wrote about or at least directly taught about them by the Apostles?
2. Was each book’s teachings consistent with church practice and tradition?
3. Was each book already in general use by the church, and accepted as the Divine Word of God? In both Old and New testaments, the books included had to be generally viewed as the work of divinely inspired writers who faithfully converted God’s Word into written form.

gracethrufaith.com... d/
edit on 10/27/2011 by Klassified because: ETA:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Who knows? What I do know is that the Council of Nicea had absolutely nothing to do with the canon of scripture, nor was Jesus "deified" at the council. The absurdly rampant propagation of these silly myths make me want to gouge my eyes out with pencils.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

There are ton of books missing from the Bible thanks to the council of men who decided to leave them out because they are too hefty and not for the riffe-raffe to know.

This is not the only reason. Above deemed it necessary to restrict some information in today's bible. (Don't blame men for everything) The original intended bible is as big as your foot to your knee. Some knowledge that was given would be used by below for the wrong purposes, as well as man.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

What I do know is that the Council of Nicea had absolutely nothing to do with the canon of scripture, nor was Jesus "deified" at the council.

Agreed.

The absurdly rampant propagation of these silly myths make me want to gouge my eyes out with pencils.

Lets stick with pulling a little hair out now and then, shall we?

edit on 10/27/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

Adam and Eve knew how to write?
I never knew that one.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

When I first discovered the Urantia book in 1977, I had the same suspect feeling, that it was just another New Age piece of crap. I found it in a bookstore, opened a page and read a few lines, walked away, thought about it, repeated the process a few times and found myself strangely attracted to it.

I looked around to make sure nobody saw me buying it, and when the last customer left, I took it to the counter and bought it, making sure the clerk put it in a bag so nobody could see what I just bought.

Long story short, it was totally worth it.

HOWEVER, if you're a closed minded, religious-book thumping fanatic, then DEFINITELY don't take the chance. It would only cause unneeded distress in your mind and your intestinal tract.

Otherwise, go for it.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by upstairsjim

HOWEVER, if you're a closed minded, religious-book thumping fanatic, then DEFINITELY don't take the chance. It would only cause unneeded distress in your mind and your intestinal tract.

The problem isn't being open-minded, the problem is being so open-minded your brain falls out.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

I have read most of them in the past. One of the most interesting aspects of the Adam and Eve book is where it describes God's reasoning for allowing Satan to tempt Adam and Eve; how man was created as a light creature before the fall. He states that man did not keep his commandments for even one day (most likely 1000 years). You can find it by reading chapter 13. Very interesting indeed.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Ahh you're indeed correct and my apologies for the misinformation. I was drawing on long ago memories from a catholic upbringing that I've not taken seriously since .. well many years. My bad though I should not have relied on an obviously faulty memory and should have verified before posting. Especially on a subject I haven't taken seriously in forever.

As you say though .. it is a common misconception.. makes me curious as to where I picked it up? And where that particular misconception originated. I can't really blame dan brown though.. I'm not a fan.

relax.. take a deep breath.. put the pencils away .. everything will be ok... unless you've already gouged your eyes out.. in which case I the Bible says you're going to burn in hell... I think.

Again my apologies for causing you undue distress.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join