It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARINES TO OAKLAND POLICE: 'You Did This To My Brother'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bramble Iceshimmer

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Those laws may apply to overnight camping, but they do not apply to protesters demanding redress of their grievances from the government. Ever.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Footage of outraged Marine over the Oakland Occupy attack: I just watched this, Seems the police have steped over the line.

On Tuesday night Scott Olsen was attacked by Oakland police. A projectile hit the head of the Marine causing a skull fracture and swelling of the brain. He was taken to the hospital and was in the ICU unit, but is now in stable condition. A photo of Jay Gentile, a fellow Marine, has been creating a lot of buzz on the Internet. Gentile is holding a picture of the wounded Olsen and a sign that says "You did this to my brother." Gentile speaks out about the attack on his fellow Marine.

Description from Video footage.
edit on 27-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Cops today are cowardly pack creatures who maim and murder and hide behind their badge. They have sown their seeds and made clear with whom they side. When and if the time comes for real public retribution, they'll have it coming and any cop who refuses to pull off his quasi military riot gear and join the people they are supposed to serve will deserve the fate that defalls him. When the gang bangers go truly primitive on thugs like the cops of Oakland, this middle class, Irish white, middle aged, middle executive veteran sides with the gang bangers.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This is the Video of what hapend after he is shot?
ATS POST
Do the police shoot medics to?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I've never been an ardent supporter of the US military, in general, and I must admit that the Marines, in particular, to be the least favored of the services.

HOWEVER...

I Absolutely MUST say that I completely, and without reservation, Honor and Admire the Courage and Service each and every Soldier, Sailor, Airman/Airwoman, and, yes, Every Marine has ever shown in the defense of myself and my Country.

It is unforgivable to have the civilian law enforcement of this nation resort to brutality against those who would seek practice thier Constitutional right to Assemble in protest of policies they do not, nor should not, support.

But to engage in such utterly aggregeous actions, knowingly or not, against a member of the armed services, the very people who willing offer up all, including their very lives,

That is the very definition of total disrespect!

It may have been said before, even in this very thread, but it bears repeating:

As it was said, even chanted, in Chicago 1968...

"The Whole World Is Watching!"

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

they will shoot anyone regardless..and find ways to justify the shooting.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

MARINES TO OAKLAND POLICE: 'You Did This To My Brother'

www.businessinsider.com

Marines around the world are outraged by the injuries inflicted by police on Scott Olsen at Tuesday's Occupy Oakland protests. Olsen is in a medically-induced coma after getting hit in the head by a police projectile.

The following picture is taken from the Reddit thread "How I feel, as a United States Marine, about what occurred in Oakland."

This man is not alone. In the five hours since the thread went up there have been over 600 comments.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

I'm sorry, but I don't like this at all. First, these veterans are hiding behind a uniform, which is PURPOSELY inciting emotional response. They should be arrested for that alone, and/or have their uniforms confiscated. If they want to protest, that is their right, but doing it on behalf of the Marine Corps is wrong. Second, I'm so sick and tired of seeing everyone reposting the same exact words, as if they are pre-programmed to do so...."peaceful protesters". Uhhhh...no, I don't think so. The protesters have and continue to get violent, which in turn sparks a harsh response from the police. Not all protesters are violent and not all police are violent.

What is wrong with everyone??? The police are not the enemy here!! The bottom line is that if this Marine vet hadn't been there, he wouldn't have gotten hurt. If he had chosen to leave when the crowd started getting out of control, he wouldn't have been there to get smacked in the head. Tear gas is not deadly, and the fact that the canister hit him was not intentional. BUT...he was hit, and it's HIS fault, not the police's fault. HIS FAULT simply because he chose to be there when things got out of control. HIS FAULT!!!

Place responsibility where it belongs. That's what's wrong with our society today. Everyone wants to blame everyone else for their problems instead of owning up to their situations themselves.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
i could not get your links 2 load I have DL a couple of pictures here...

The OWS people did this to him. He like many people are duped into thinking this whole thing is an actual movement instead of what it really is, which is a distraction by Obama and powerful unions and bigtime international corporations.

OWS people, You're being played for elite entertainment.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Marines, just note that if you take the side of these OWS (word intended here) people, you'll just end up getting what the Vietnam vets got when they got home, only this time it will be deserving. You're supposed to honor your nation that you serve not disgrace it by associating with the OWS kind. Don't light this flame.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Freedom exists if you have a gun.

Marines have more than a gun. They have a code. You don't abuse marines. New York cops knew this fact, and backed off. Cali cops clearly did not know.
edit on 27-10-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Police are ordered by governments to do these things. Some cops know better, and act accordingly, others just want their chance to look tough.

It is righteous and good that the marines are using their uniform for the movement. They are not hiding behind it. Rather, they are uniting behind it. A us soldier is the direct inheritance of the revolution that made this nation what it is. Of the wars within and afar that granted freedoms here and beyond. of the Constitution that binds them to the call of honor and freedom. It is nothing short of patriotic for soldiers to say no to their government and demand they listen to the laws that bind them.

Money can buy a lot of things in this world. But it sure as hell is not as powerful against men with guns and a common code bound to them. learned and followed by their minds, granted from God to know right from wrong. Every US soldier is bound to protect the US people against enemies of the constitution home and abroad.

Simply quoted,

Honor: Honor requires each Marine to exemplify the ultimate standard in ethical and moral conduct. Honor is many things; honor requires many things. A U.S. Marine must never lie, never cheat, never steal, but that is not enough. Much more is required. Each Marine must cling to an uncompromising code of personal integrity, accountable for his actions and holding others accountable for theirs. And, above all, honor mandates that a Marine never sully the reputation of his Corps.

Courage: Simply stated, courage is honor in action -- and more. Courage is moral strength, the will to heed the inner voice of conscience, the will to do what is right regardless of the conduct of others. It is mental discipline, an adherence to a higher standard. Courage means willingness to take a stand for what is right in spite of adverse consequences. This courage, throughout the history of the Corps, has sustained Marines during the chaos, perils, and hardships of combat. And each day, it enables each Marine to look in the mirror -- and smile.

Commitment: Total dedication to Corps and Country. Gung-ho Marine teamwork. All for one, one for all. By whatever name or cliche, commitment is a combination of (1) selfless determination and (2) a relentless dedication to excellence. Marines never give up, never give in, never willingly accept second best. Excellence is always the goal. And, when their active duty days are over, Marines remain reserve Marines, retired Marines, or Marine veterans. There is no such thing as an ex-Marine or former-Marine. Once a Marine, always a Marine. Commitment never dies.

I would trust a US serviceman with my life and property, especially the marines, any day over a politician and his tongue.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure most police officers and all riot police are mindless clones...

Do you know how easily We The People could turn this country around if the riot squads had a heart, realized that this is their country too, and refused to do their jobs?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Our poor nation (and world). God help us all. I feel sorry for you, and your kind. My fellow Marines, this is classic misdirection from someone who does not have your back and is a fearful status quo junkie. I remember how hard it was to get a "real" job leaving the Marines, it is even harder now to get that job to support yourself and your family, this person would have you believe you don't support your nation - what a fool.
edit on 27-10-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

The police are not the enemy here!!

Police are increasingly the enemy! You whine about ex marines wearing uniforms and speak to that protocol but then defend thugs who took an oath of office to defend the rights of the very people they are now denying rights and trampling all over. In this regard, those police officers are acting under color of law, and simulating a legal process, which means they are not police officers at all, but private persons operating on their own private beliefs, (just like the uniformed ex marines), and as such they are merely impersonating police officers, and have no immunity the uniform would afford a police officer when operating under the scope of their jurisdiction.

It matters not if they received superior orders to deny and disparage the rights of the people, they took an oath of office to not do that, as did their superiors.

Rule by law is not the rule of law, and under our Constitutional republic, we function under the rule of law.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The Marines should fire back!

Bottom line!

Maybe the cops will start doing their real jobs then.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Marines, just note that if you take the side of these OWS (word intended here) people, you'll just end up getting what the Vietnam vets got when they got home, only this time it will be deserving. You're supposed to honor your nation that you serve not disgrace it by associating with the OWS kind. Don't light this flame.

I am a vietnam vet 4 tours.. from what see and hear the vets today already are getting the same treatment we got..
Pfffth.. Piss on the corrupt old bastards in d.c who have destroyed the constitution and turned america into amerika..
They need removed along with their entire corrupt system. Fighting for the oppressed is honourable and the american people are oppressed at this point.. There is no honour supporting the corrupt old bastards in d.c and the corporations.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I do not specifically blame the cops, nor do I specifically place blame on 'Occupy'. When large groups of individuals gather, extremely tense moments are going to arise. Once both sides start to push, the peace each tries to maintain becomes undone.

'Occupy' and the cops are both guilty, for they allowed the mob mentality to take over.

It was inevitable.

edit on 10/27/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It’s a very sad situation when soldiers have to be the ones defending peoples rights when the authorities don’t listen to civilian pleas. Probably a small portion of the military may revolt over this but the commanders still hold all the big guns.

At the rate things are going Martial Law will be implemented by most governments before the end of next year. I wonder if it will be enacted sometime in March to honor the Roman god of War, Mars.

Or this could be the other way around, where the outraged military take control of their government and enact Martial Law for the sake of the people.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
I need to ask this, was there anyone killed or injured as well as this War Veteran?

I just watched footage on you tube I want you all to watch this.

This.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
This is the Video of what hapend after he is shot?
ATS POST
Do the police shoot medics to?

please people, watch this carefully! this wasn't incidental, the guy doing this was trying to be on the downlow about it. after that guy got dropped, he slowly backs up waiting for people gathering to help, then unloads again.

akin to call of duty, your teammate lays out in open waiting to get revived, while snipers are hoping you come in view to nail you. that cop is pure trash, he clearly knew what he was doing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join