It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'You Did This To My Brother.' Marines are outraged by the injuries inflicted by police on Scott Ol

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This is exactly what the banks thinks of the troops, they are only useful to them when it comes to the theft of resources. To them the only good soldier is a dead one.

They do not care for you, your family, your country. They want you as a slave.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Those morons are claiming the GOP shot (or directed the shooting) at this marine?

In one of the most liberal cities in the country? With one of the most far left progressive governments? They are blaming the GOP????

Idiots.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlawlessLegend
do you think the marines are closer during their tour, or closer when they get back? Closer as in seeing each other as family.

My father is a Marine who fought in Vietnam. Unlike some Vietnam vets, he's never reluctant to talk about his experiences. One thing I've always known is that once you become a Marine, you are always a Marine.

Boot camp for Marines is said to be incredibly intense--more so than any other faction of the military. The sense of camaraderie/familism is a primary component used in the making of a Marine. From day one, a heavy focus is placed on stripping new recruits of their individuality; of breaking them down to the point where they no longer have that sense of entitlement--that "world revolves around me" mentality that seems to be so common throughout our society. The idea is that by the end of boot camp, Marines will think of each other as almost one in the same. A fellow Marine is a fellow Marine before anything else. And that's what my father always taught me.

Oh, and never, ever call a Marine a soldier. They hate that.
edit on 27-10-2011 by nick112 because: typos

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nick112
I love that the Oakland police department is still denying their use of flashbangs, even after the surface of so many videos that clearly show otherwise. Most news stories about this particular incident quote the statement from the department that claims no flashbangs were used. Since evidence of the contrary is so damning, it's as if the MSM knows that they have to acknowledge it now, but they're being so careful not to flat out say it.

One of my favorites, from the Guardian:

A group of up to 10 protesters gather around him, but a police officer can be seen throwing a device close to the group which then explodes with a bright flash and loud bang, scattering the protesters.

Yeah, they put out a request for "mutual aid" (I think it's called), and other officers from nearby cities responded with reinforcements (you can't properly brutalize citizens exercising their right to protest without a large army of cowards). In such a situation the responding reinforcements are supposed to not bring any weapons that are not in the Oakland police riot arsenal.

But who's to say what they brought with them? How do we know? Who checks them in and inspects their weapons arsenal? Anyone?

We really need to identify who did this deed and what the weapon was, and also his brother cowards who tried to stop those who tried to help the injured man. They need to be singled out as deserving special treatment....

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I have so much rage inside me right now I almost can't speak. TPTB will regret the day that they turned the Marines against them. And that day has come!!!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nick112

And what happens when it comes to light the officer that shot the Marine was indeed a Marine himself?
Most police officers are ex-military, almost all male officers I've worked with were ex-Marines or Army.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
reply to post by LeTan

It's sickening. I mean there was a video a few weeks back I saw it was called like "We won't move." and it tried to draw comparisons between the OWS protests and the Egyptian protests. Back then I said that was stupid but this is one step closer to making them eerily similar.

The video is "I AM NOT MOVING"

And heck yeah this video is dead on to what is happening, and what has happened in the middle east at the beginning of the year... bring on the Global Revolution

Such a tragedy what happened to this young man... Atleast it seems hes been upgraded to Fair condition from critical...
edit on 28-10-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Most Police officers are NOT veterans at all. They are made up of men who wished they were military but were too scared to serve their country overseas.

As I've always said on a number of threads in the past; something will happen at some stage in the future and there WILL be a backlash between military and Police. Military can handle themselves well alone individually but Police officers are only as good as they get in groups and without their group they're cowards.
edit on 28-10-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

In nearly every police district in the country to qualify for a job as a police officer you must either have a 4 year degree in a related field (criminal justice) (some are just 2 years with reserve time) or have served a minimum of 2 years. Nearly every major police department in the country gives preference to veterans even over criminal justice degrees. In fact the common consensus for many is that bringing back battle hardened soldiers and letting them be police officers may be behind the rising police brutality in the country.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
OMG I didn't know his injury was so serious. This could very well be the first casualty of these protests. The fact that it would be a marine makes things worse for the cops. There is only one body stronger than law enforcement, and that is the military...especially marines, who probably have more hand-to-hand combat training than any other branch of the service.

I will be keeping an eye on this situation. It is extremely sad. Especially considering that the police ATTACKED the people who attempted to come to the marine's aid. That is what the article said, and I haven't seen a video of what happened, but that sounds horrible.

The one video I did watch, where the guy was shouting medic, looked like a war zone. I think that was the point of the medic cries in the first place. I mean it literally seemed like there was war in the streets. That's what it was, and they started it, seemingly for no reason to my knowledge. Full riot gear, really? What was the threat?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by bluemirage5

Nearly every major police department in the country gives preference to veterans even over criminal justice degrees. In fact the common consensus for many is that bringing back battle hardened soldiers and letting them be police officers may be behind the rising police brutality in the country.

Soldiers they very well may have been, but so were these folks:

There are good and bad people everywhere. The people in that photo are bad people. Unfortunately, as a society we've been conditioned to turn a blind eye when the bad people are authority figures. That's all starting to change though, and fast.
edit on 28-10-2011 by nick112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
time for nato to enforce a no fly zone over california and bomb oakland. the government is firing on and killing peaceful protesters. what's a few thousand dead citizens. it's collateral damage.

nato should also help the people of oakland by bombing power transformers and municipal water sources.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by nick112

That's pretty much what I'm saying. The police are thugs, but it's not police vs military since most officers are veterans as well. In other words someone should not have special consideration to their actions just based on their veteran status. I'm mad the police shot a citizen of the USA in the head at a peaceful demonstration. The fact that the person who was shot is a veteran is of no concern to me.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
we are going to witness the second American Revolution. Very chilling thought.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by eightonefive
we are going to witness the second American Revolution. Very chilling thought.

I say the sooner the better... We need to take control of what goes on around here because this hasn't been a government for the people since the paper was signed. AND YOU DO HAVE THE RIGHT ---- but that's according to a piece of paper that is no longer used anymore...

But who is going to be there to protect the people from the bastards running the show when the people do rise up? These pigs have been planning for this since time began and are going to be prepared to wipe our butts out. The common man has no real protection from the evil of government and we brought all of this on ourselves by demanding more protection.

The pieces are in place and they are just waiting to call check mate...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

It is a shame, it is just a protest and they are already firing on protesters, I really hope America does not fall into a complete riot, there will be chaos everywhere.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by eightonefive

With enough time it will happen my friend.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

It's already happening hence why we are employing tactics and strategies previously untested and untried.

When it happens? How about as it is happening as it is happening now!

New strategy is peace but the chance for this to turn is not off the table and will not be taken off of it.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
The man getting hit by a projectile is really messed up.

However, what's MORE messed up is that they let him lay there injured, and didn't even try to help him.

What's EVEN MORE MESSED UP is that they threw a flash bang/tear gas canister at the people who were trying to help him.

AND EVEN WORST THIS IS A TRAPP TO GET THE AMERICANAZ PEOPLE TO OVERTHROW THE SYSTEM REPRESENTING THEM SO THAT THEIR FREEDOMS CAN REALLY BE TAKEN. SAD WHAT BETTER APPROACH THEN TO TURN MARINES AGAINST POLICIA. I PRAY THEY ARE ALL CONSCIOUS OF WHAT POTENTIALLY CAN LAY AHEAD.. SAD.
edit on 10/31/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz

We are currently not near a cheque position as we still have our King, Queen, Rook, Bishop and 2 paws left while they have their King, Knight, Rook, Bishop and 1 pawn and recently lost their Queen.

What is being done now is the system is being forced to grind to a halt as the Congress (led directly by The Tea Party) is forcing us into a stalemate.

The Dawn Of The New Era and Fourth Rise Of The USA is imminent!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join