It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens watching us? (Question thread)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
My first thread guys so dont really know how to go about it, i am really just looking to see what you guys think on the subject of UFO's/Aliens... So here goes.

Why do you think all these years, many years before many of us where even born yet, that UFO's or alien lifeforms of some sort have never actually made contact (Besides apparent abduction stories which is in no way proof to a skeptics eyes)

We have apparently seen these UFO's in so so many videos and pictures and stories, even from high profile military personel etc but how come all this time a UFO has never landed? There has never been the solid proof of there existence infront of us. If ET's are for real then why do you think they have never shown face. Are they just keeping an eye on us like some sort of project, surely they cant be waiting for a take over of our planet... not after ALL these years of having the chance. It makes me wonder....

Now before anyone posts "because maybe they arent real"

I already know this may be the case, i am a skeptic on this subject but like to keep an open mind on things and think we cant be the only ones out here in the universe or maybe there is that slim chance we could be. Who knows. Just wanted to share these thoughts and well no better place to do it than here with some of you mental cases lol

cheers guys.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaxar

Welcome to the arena, buddy

I would suggest spending some time on the board and carefully observing the different views on the subject since there is TONS of BS out there and it takes a long time to gather enough data until the truth makes itself evident.. and the nature of the UFO/Alien phenomenon is extremely complex, and in my personal opinion can never be understood adequately through the currently popular scientific paradigm.

An open mind is the key when dealing with minds superior to ours.

edit on 27-10-2011 by falseveils because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well lets see . Apparently it is okay to believe in them according to the catholic church . If the aliens do not say that they are god then they would have to have been created by god . According to the church also . Wouldn't want the balance of power to shift in another direction would we ?

Hows that for being mental ? They never proved it beyond a reasonable doubt . Occasional stress but not hanging from the chandelier in a furry thong .

Oh and welcome .

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaxar

I used to always wonder about that myself. I think the answer is that we are in fact being watched; from above and on the surface by those who walk amoung us. I don't really subscribe to UFO sightings because I think some of said sightings are secret Governent projects. Heck, some Aliens might even be Government engineered also. I wouldn't be surprised.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaxar

Maybe they land in waters you cannot observe.

And observe or WATCH over your genetic development...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I ask myself similar questions sometimes. I am a relatively firm skeptic on the subject of alien visitation, not of aliens themselves however, and I also find the lack of evidence pretty convincing for the arguments of skeptics.

The main thing, at least in my opinion, is that lights in the sky, even when recorded on video, will most likely never be "proof" of alien visitation. There are just too many natural phenomena that can occur in the sky to cause the illusion of extraterrestrials.

I would go so far as to say that the majority of eyewitnesses have no concept of the magnitude of natural occurrences that cause lights in the sky, and being as they have never seen them, it would stand to reason many UFO reports are caused by such phenomena.

Believers present evidence, for the most part, that has been digested over and over again, and in so many cases it is impossible to verify what is being seen. Many, many times sightings can be matched up with military testing, missile launches, etc.

You would think that anyone could identify a missile in flight, but that is NOT the case. I have read Project Blue Book reports of seasoned USAF pilots misidentifying missile launches as very strange UFO's, some even giving the impression they had seen an alien craft. Some of these launches, on a clear day, can be seen for hundreds of miles. Of course the government, during these projects, had the resources to cross-reference these sightings with launches and flights, and there results were a part of the reason they disbanded the project.

I honestly believe the government didn't think that UFO's were extraterrestrial in origin, and all the committees that were convened were done so simply through the influence of congressmen, who had zero experience in the area. They just knew that they were getting letters from these die-hard UFO groups who were convinced the government was lying. That's all it was.

They knew it would be pointless to continue to investigate natural phenomena. What about all of the unsolved files? Well, the vast majority of them were labelled in that manner simply because there wasn't enough evidence or testimony to draw a valid conclusion. They could have labelled these as anything they wanted, yet they admitted they had no idea, and to me that lends much credibility to their entire project.

If you would like to know more about this aspect of government investigations, I suggest reading Quintatilla's manuscript on his involvement with Project Blue Book. It really presents a much-needed picture of the government side of things. Sometimes there is no conspiracy, despite the fact so many people believe that ET's are visiting our planet.

Are we being watched? If aliens were really visiting earth, especially just to watch, I would think they would be advanced enough to do it without our knowledge. Observing should be done without interference, at least if they wanted to keep the experiment scientific.
edit on 10/27/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaxar

They have acctually made contact, for many many decades ago. They gave history a ''kickstart''. They learned the human race intellegence about building pyramids in their favor. Why do you think the human race believe they're Gods? Do research of the old Mayans and the old tribes. (don't remember the names atm)

They all refer to the gods decending from the sky with loud noises, fire and a bright light! In flying chairots.. (Gods/Angels ''holy light of glory''? or the true aircraft with fire and a loud engine).

I would recommend to buy the History Channel's Ancient Aliens! This is very informative of the theme. But also read the books of Eric Von Danicken and Graham Hancock.

Im so sorry for the bad english, im just a Norwegian dude you know

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Good question and one without an answer either way. Believers will believe and skeptic's want proof and neither side can claim checkmate.

After serving for quite awhile in the military with a high clearance I have to laugh at all of the claims of the military divulging secret knowledge. For instance, " I know an officer."

Get real.

The real world doesn't work that way. The military doesn't take every officer into the "big black vault" and say, "here ya go, all of our secrets are in there, read it and sign this."

Even with a secret clearance you may never read anything more secret than a duty roster in your whole military career. Its called a "need to know." Even with a need to know you are screened before given the go ahead.

Even generals don't have a free pass and a wealth of special knowledge. Its a ploy from others without a clue to boost their stature in the eyes of the uninitiated.

And they certainly don't come to your door and threaten your life and your family's well being unless its in a fiction novel. There are so many stories in the paper of this abuse you know, except the "man" owns everybody and cover his tracks well to include "taking them out".. Makes for good fiction but its not how the real world.

Yes they can threaten about national security and have done it before but they don't chase down these fake claims or have a special unit to do so for them.

For every secret document, claim, video, whistle blower, and obvious delusional individual, I can counter with proven fake CGI, liars, moneymakers, and fake photo's proven as scams for monetary purposes or 15 minutes of fame.

To answer your question.

Many are hoping the alien phenomenon is true but many are also not holding our breathe as we continue to look to the skies before wading through the cruel hoaxes that are as old as the question of life being out there
edit on 27-10-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies guys, it took me awhile to get back but i definitely enjoyed reading some of your views on the matter. Interesting stuff, star for all that gave me a good read and some insight into one of earths unanswered questions.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaxar

Considering you're a "skeptic" (I'm not) you seem to have a pretty good idea of what's going on.

Yes, we're a "project" a "colony" a "resource." We've been called lots of things, and there is probably some truth in all those descriptions.

Just based on reports (including abductions - after all they are first-hand experiences where the humans did not really want to cooperate, so I give them weight based on that) we do have something valuable that they want. Some say it is our spirit. Others say it is our DNA. But I think these are two interpretations of basically the same data.

There is a huge number of people (e.g. Steven Greer) who say that the fact that they haven't taken over the planet proves that they are peaceful. But I don't follow that "logic." Their reluctance to land openly, though explained by many excuses, suggests the possibility of a secret agenda. Until I gain enough spiritual ability to check all this out for myself, I tend to trust my teacher, who distrusts the ETs.

Good luck on sorting this out.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
the ets do as they please as you might think, so they tend to land wherever they want to and communicate with whoever they want to, there has been many cases where they have landed and there has been many cases where they have communicated with humans but unfortunately you'll have to accept witness testimony as theres no video or film available to the public of these type of classified events

maybe people could suggest cases that you could google and learn about, i'd suggest rendlesham and varginha cases

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Perhaps we're nothing more than an experiment... bacteria in a global petri dish? And they are just studying us as we devour the earth like mold on an orange?

Or maybe we are the result of a couple billion happy accidents that lead to sentient life? And they've lent a hand along the way from time to time. Or intentionally steered us in one course or another .. either for our "own good", or for reasons of their own, that we might not even have the means to comprehend.. let alone guess at.

Or maybe they really don't exist? Roswell was a misunderstanding, the government really doesn't know anything.. and a lot of ppl are wasting their time pondering the subject?

Who knows.

I really can't say that I favor any of the explanations I've seen put forth for aliens.. or ufos. I find that they all have aspects to them that I find absolutely ludicrous and absurd. Including those that espouse that they don't exist.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaxar

The reason they are not revealing themselves is because roughly 70% of the world population is not ready for it yet. Just think about the idea that we have been watched for so many years/decades and then poof there here. Humans instinct is to fear the unknown, and we react very differently in fear! We go into protective mode with all stupid actions that follow.

What would you do when suddenly 2 E.T.'s are standing at the end of your bed? Would you really say "Heey, welcome lets get a drink downstairs" or will you snap into a panic mode because you have no clue what is standing in front of you and what there intentions are?

This goes for a lot of scenario's tho, people always 'say' they know how they are going to react. But in 99% of the cases they arwe way off, certain aproaches can only be said once the scenario is really happening.

I can say right now that in a life or death situation i will pull the trigger and kill someone, while when it would really happen i could just as well shut down and 'chicken out'. These are extreme situations as to where nobody can say in advance how they are going to react on it, only when you find youself in that situation you will know.

This is just my opinion about this matter as you asked. So it may be off, maybe they are not even here yet, maybe it's the government acting on this fear to control the masses when needed. Who knows right.

top topics

join