It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Thoughts About The 1,000 Year Reign?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Another item to add. This time period is for them to prove themselves worthy of the new Earth. Many will accept Christ out of fear. This will be a time for them to show if they really mean it.

Many think that after the rapture, there will a lot of people gone, but this isn't true. Father has destined the worst of the worst souls to live out their time during the tribulation. Hell will literally be on Earth. Ever wonder what happens to those who leave without a trace... There will be many gone, but many replaced.
edit on 1-11-2011 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Of course there are people of Israel today that are not born Jews, certainly not the Palestinians they would never call themselves Israelites today.

Im not talking about Israeli citizens born in the modern day state.
I am talking about "Israelites" who have a connection to the 12 tribes. Do you really think all of them are living as Jesus-hating jews in this day?

Of course not. There are millions of Jews who love Jesus. There are several in my church as we speak.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Were they not torn to pieces by 3 Roman legions in 70 AD?

You were earlier attempting to establish some theological similarity between Hosea 5:14 and Matthew 23:39 just because both verses had words like "going away".

The verse in Hosea is about God inflicting punishment, simply symbolized as a lion which tears and goes away.
It has nothing to do with "the Lord return to heaven unless He previously left it" as YOU stated.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Matthew 23:39 shows Jesus losing his patience with the wicked Israelites. (read back a few verses, to get the proper context)

Another difference is that Jesus is the one who ends up getting "torn". And in Hosea, God does the "tearing".
So, the words of Hosea and Matthew 23:39 of 2 entirely different contexts.

Like I said "unless, you skew it enough to seem so"

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I said Hosea 5:15, if I typed 5:14 is was a merely typo. I put "I shall go and return to my place" in quotations as well in that post.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

There are millions of Jews who love Jesus. There are several in my church as we speak.

Thats good to hear.
But the first Jews who loved Jesus were those who accepted him when he came in person.
Also the book of James starts off addressing the 12 tribes of Israel. I posted this yesterday www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

There are millions of Jews who love Jesus. There are several in my church as we speak.

Thats good to hear.
But the first Jews who loved Jesus were those who accepted him when he came in person.
Also the book of James starts off addressing the 12 tribes of Israel. I posted this yesterday www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes of course, and after conversion to Christianity Paul still not only calls himself a "Jew" and "Israelite" and of the tribe of Benjamin, he also calls himself a "pharisee". And I posted James 1:27 as well, perhaps it was in another thread?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I said Hosea 5:15, if I typed 5:14 is was a merely typo. I put "I shall go and return to my place" in quotations as well in that post.

Yeah, the "going away" bit is in different contexts in Hosea 5 and Matthew 23.

Even if you quote 5:15

Then I will go back to my place until they admit their guilt. And they will seek my face; in their misery they will earnestly seek me."

Verses like these recur time and time again in the OT.
And is NOT about the jesus hating jews accepting Jesus in the future. In fact, its addressed to the Israelites who were going astray... as they have several times in the OT.
edit on 1-11-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

The verse in Hosea 5:15 is precisely about Jesus returning to heaven and not returning until the Jews acknowledge their offense. (rejection of Him) He could not return to His place unless He first left it. Which happened at His incarnation. In Matthew He says the same, that they'll not see Him again until that time.

The "affliction" spoken of is the Tribulation, the time of Jacob's trouble. The entire purpose of the Tribulation is two-fold. To drive the Jews to repent of their sin of rejection, and to punish the Godless world at large led by the antichrist and false prophet.

Paul goes on for 3 chapters in Romans (9,10,&11) that God is not finished with the nation and they have a prophetic future. There are everlasting covenants made with them that God will never annul. Some covenants which were made during times of their rebellion. He will keep His covenants not because of their faithfulness, but because of HIS.

edit on 1-11-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join