It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby Hitler Parents Lose Custody of All Three of Their Kids

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
reply to post by Praetorius

My point is that there is a danger in something like this. There would be just as much outrage when the kids come home beaten up, or worse. What would the headline be for young "Adolph Hitler" and "Aryan Nation" beaten or worse by others?

Do you think that there would be no pressure against the authorities or parents for this? Who would be blamed for the repercussions for this, and if it got to out of control, how much further into peoples lives with the authorities be then?

There are thousands of acts of abuse everyday, and though this story didn't start off that way, how can we not see it end that way?

NRE.

And my counterpoint is that there is danger in EVERYTHING. Life and people are both by nature dangerous, and you can't insulate everyone from it - especially against their will if they've done nothing else wrong. Otherwise, you turn life into a prison.

Unless you're going to advocate firm control over every aspect of everyone's life to ensure that they are never put into a situation or choose to do anything that might make them a target or otherwise earn someone's ire (instead of advocating modification and monitoring of people's BEHAVIORS by the proper agencies to ensure that people are acting in accordance with the freedom and quirks of others, regardless of what they may be), then you have no moral consistency or valid standing on this issue to argue that this is a justifiable act - and you have yet to address the other related cases I've asked after.

Parents consistently get bad haircuts, ugly clothes, have children with birthmarks - are all these kids going to be taken away, or the parents sterilized? This is what we call a slippery slope.

As far as this case not ending up in an abusive situation - why on earth would we assume that it would? You know what is said about when people assume. Their political quirks and distasteful naming habits aside, there is every bit as much reason to assume that these might end up as parents of the year. To act arbitrarily with no evidence is not advisable.
edit on 10/27/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
- however, are names enough to be considered endangering your child? To think of the thousands of children who suffer horrible abuse at the hands of their parents, who are failed to be taken from them (Baby Peter is a very tragic and horrifying example of this), why the fuss over names?

Can you visualize them in school and ALWAYS running into crowds who would label them racist even if they were innocent the damage can be much. I dont know if they needed to lose them or just be forced to change their names though. But yea those names would cause lots of fights and lost potential friendships and will alienate them as well as aim them in a racist direction with the peer group that accepts them...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

And my counterpoint is that there is danger in EVERYTHING. Life and people are both by nature dangerous, and you can't insulate everyone from it - especially against their will if they've done nothing else wrong. Otherwise, you turn life into a prison.

I agree. As I also feel that preventing future atrocities to your family, and children is just as important. What do you think is going to happen for their future? Employment, friendships, etc,. Looking out for the best interest of your child, their happiness, and their safety, is just as important as making a statement, by choosing to put them into a situation such as this.

You dont have to live in imprisoned life by getting your child a bike, and providing them a helmet for protection for "one of life's" possibilities. Its just good parenting.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Though there was no "abuse" by the parents, someone has to intervene, before the children get older and then are abused by others. I am sure that at some point people will realize, or just label the children as they become adults due to the stupidity of the parents, and assume that they are racist. Even if the children decide later not to be, their names will say it all.

Then child protection services will have to do something. Maybe taking their kids was a bit much, but at least have the decency to think of your child's future. At least in that aspect the children were being neglectful.

Peace, NRE.

If the children have not been renamed, then what is the difference? At least their parents care about them.

And taking someone's children because they might get abused is no different then randomly locking up people in prison because they 'might' commit a crime.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Just so we're clear - I definitely agree the parents shouldn't have named their kids like this. I just cannot agree with the action taken as a result, as the same sorts of arguments against the names can be made against so many other choices and actions taken by so many other parents - and this sets a precedent for the courts to go sticking their noses into all those ares and taking even more children out of otherwise unharmful homes and into failed public systems.

Sadly, once you give authority such as the state power, it's effectively impossible to get them to CEDE that power, and it seems this accumulation of power merely continues to grow. Even political correctness can eventually become a monstrosity that those who originally supported it can no longer accept.

Best wishes, and no offense intended.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well I disagree with the abnoxious names it is no reason to take the children from their racist parents, there is little doubt the kids will be abused do to their names from other cruel children with so called acceptable names. If the parents have not hurt their children in any way then this is a travesty of justice. The damage being done to these children by the state far outweighs what a few nasty kids may have done to them.

What we have to ask ourselves what names will ne next on the list Jesus or any other name with a religious condensation . That useless organization the ACLU should get involved to ease the financial burden on the parents and to make sure this never happens again.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

reply to post by GringoViejo

What do you think is going to happen when those kids go to school? Do you think that parents are not going to call protective services anyway? Are there supposed to be children pulled out of school because these parents decided to use their children as badges of proof that they are racist?

This will ultimately scar the kids, whether or not they grow up to fully understand and stand by their names or not.

Maybe they should not have been taken from home for abuse, but to be able to protect the children for what would be awaiting them is just as important.

Peace, NRE.

You sound like Tipper Gore. So we should take the kids just because more people, like yourself, that don't understand rights and their importance might call CPS in the future? I prefer to use logic when making decisions, you might want to look into it.

Like I said, kids go to school to learn, not to feel good about themselves. If kids are making fun of them, those kids will get in trouble. Yeah, it will suck, but like any kid they'll get over it and realize it was never that big of a deal. Everyone gets made fun of in school, some more than others, it sucks, but its reality.

When these kids look back on this, they'll realize how idiotic it was for people to take them from their parents, and for others to support it, just because those people are worried what will get said to them at school.

Grow up, people have real issues to deal with instead of hypothetical bullying.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

No offense taken. Thanks for the debate. I think that important for us to share our views, politely, so that we can learn from one another, even if we disagree.

Peace to you, NRE.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Personally, I feel that if you've never dealt with the CPS in your state then you have little room to comment. These organizations trample constitutional law and overstep the judges decisions ALL the time. Time after time these kids are taken away from loving, non abusive families and placed in foster care where the abuse exists. The reasons vary from cluttered living conditions to neglect when none exist.

When they stop taking children away from homes that they belong in and focus more on children that are actually abused I'll start supporting them but until that happens make them get a warrant and consult your lawyer before EVER conversing with them. If they try to force their way in have them arrested for trespassing and unlawful entry.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I have to agree with you totally here. To me naming your kids those names is a little absurd and I am definitely not for naming your kids something along these lines (though you are supposed to have the right to name them anything you want) .
BUT
to take them away from their parents, with no findings of abuse, just because of what some people may say to the kids when they are in school or grow up is ridiculous.

What's happening to America, when we are taking kids away from their parents due to their names.

If it has to come down to it at least let the parents change the names, but to take them away is way too much, for me.

edit on 10/27/2011 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Agreed, and peace be to you as well.

I'd just ask you to consider that you might possibly have some thoughts or preferences that other people may find quirky or distasteful - and that those people may one day end up in a position of authority. Don't approve their assumption of control over your own freedom inadvertently without taking such things under careful consideration, however unlikely you may believe it to be.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

There is more then enough evidence of the mental problems that are caused due to children being bullied in school, not including depression, suicide, and violent behavior towards others. I am not saying that parents should not have rights. What I AM saying is that there has to be a look into the future rights of these children, and what WILL come with the territory of having these names.

Of course they can be changed, and I hope that they are. I dont know if this was an option for the parents, but I am hoping that it will be. Though we can not all see into the future, we can use basic knowledge of all of the crimes that are perpetrated today, and make an almost accurate prediction of what will come about for these innocent children.

I feel that name calling is ridiculous, and I have stated my peace on this subject. I mean no offense to no one, but I will add my opinion on something that I feel is unfair.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
So,if the kids get taken-Do they get new names,or keep the originals?
The parents have every right to call their kids what they wish of course-but in all seriousness,these are some weird names to give your kin-maybe they want them to get beat up at school to toughen them up or something?
That is cruel IMO.
I am guessing the parents have a "white power" type ideology...I know I am a genius at these deductions.

I hope the kids turn out to be Hare Krisnas or something.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Those parents are obviously mentally damaged...this is all i can say.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'm curious, who are we to judge what people name their children? Since when does naming your child something make you a racist? If I named my child Lee Harvey, should I have my child taken away because I OBVIOUSLY wanted JFK to get assassinated?

Who are you people to say these parents needed to get their children taken away? Do you know ANYTHING about them, their situation, or their belief's? God forbid someone name their children something different from everyone else.

I mean, at this rate, we might as well just give everyone a number, not names. If we're individuals, that gives people room to make fun of us, so in all of your logic, we all need to be the same. Not to mention you're all apparently psychic's now, who know the future and how these kids lives will turn out.

Just because someone names their child something, does not mean they believe in what those names are "known best" for. With that logic, who were you obviously named after? Find someone in history with your name, and if they did something bad, well.... You should have been taken away too.

I'm not trying to take sides, but the blatant disregard for peoples rights in this thread is appalling.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

I hear you-its up to the parents,but for goodness sake who is going to call a child "Aryan Nation" without having race issues?
Can't be healthy to call kids those names-they will ask why one day,then what?
What do you tell them when all the kids at school won't even speak to them?
Crazy situation,and bad parenting skills IMO.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Agreed, the names are ridiculous.
BUT!
Does that justify removing children from loving parents, when so many children are left with their scum-of-the-earth abusive parents?

Also, does your political ideology, when not endagering others, matter? I mean, should they get their kids taken away because they are neo-nazis? And, if so, where does it end?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

From the sounds of it Race was his middle name, so people would have been calling him Aryan, or more than likely, Ryan for ease. Adolf, I could see being a bit worse.

Yes, I understand the reason why people find this offensive, but there are a lot of things in this world that different perceptions find offensive. No one should have the sole power to remove someone's children from them for the sole purpose that they don't like the parents choice in names. I was under the impression we could name our children whatever we wanted? I know that no one questioned me or even did a double take when I wrote my son's name down on his birth certificate. To be honest, they didn't even look at it before they walked out of the room.

Regardless, as I said, with this logic, we might as well just start a number based name system. No creativity allowed, just pure calculations with what numbers are available and least unique. We all have to wear the same uniforms every single day, same shoes, we all have to drive the same cars... You know, so people don't get made fun of.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Under the laws in my state, which is not the one in the article, is no. Once the court made their ruling that should have been the end of it. DFS in my state cannot legally seize a child on their own authority. It requires law enforcement presence, and the children are seized through the law enforcement authroity and not DFS.

The agnecy that seized the children best have their ducks in a row otherwise they are going to be paying for the childrens shooling, college as well as what the parents want when they write out the settlement check to them.
edit on 27-10-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

There is more then enough evidence of the mental problems that are caused due to children being bullied in school, not including depression, suicide, and violent behavior towards others. I am not saying that parents should not have rights. What I AM saying is that there has to be a look into the future rights of these children, and what WILL come with the territory of having these names.

Of course they can be changed, and I hope that they are. I dont know if this was an option for the parents, but I am hoping that it will be. Though we can not all see into the future, we can use basic knowledge of all of the crimes that are perpetrated today, and make an almost accurate prediction of what will come about for these innocent children.

I feel that name calling is ridiculous, and I have stated my peace on this subject. I mean no offense to no one, but I will add my opinion on something that I feel is unfair.

Peace, NRE.

Lets break this down to the points that actually matter.

• For whatever reason CPS investigated the family
  • The investigation yielded no evidence of abuse
  • CPS takes the children

It doesn't matter what the names are. Just as it doesn't matter what may or may not be said to the child later in life. If kids bully him, the kids will get in trouble. If the kids keep bullying, they will keep getting in trouble. Eventually they'll start sacrificing their future if they continue. We can't start punishing parents for things that might happen in the future. Should we lock up the actress who named her kid Apple? That kid is going to get made fun of too.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join