It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to know what we humans are doing here on earth? Me too, and i think i know now...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
so we are made just to sufer then find light.
just to make some one happy???

AND if he was so happy.
why did he have the NEED to make more???

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianDamage

odd response.

he just TOLD you why. he did not tell you how.

you got that completely backwards.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
reply to post by smithjustinb

One thing is to accept and love, another is to transform yourself. To want to transform is to admit not that you are wrong, but that you want something else. It has to be with your inner will. What do we all really want? To feel good and avoid feeling bad. So we all want light and not darkness but we have to admit that there is no darkness without light. But none of us want to stick in the darkness, none of us want to feel bad.
So our fundamental will is to feel good, the game is to discover that this feeling can be ours when we want, we are not dependent of outside forces we cannot control, we can feel good by pure choice in any moment, this is freedom, this is light-working.
This does not resonate?

I agree with you. Unfortunately though, we cannot know the light without the darkness. But we still have power to remain in the light even in dark times.

What I mean is, accept darkness. Accept all. All is dualistic. But, when you accept it all, you allow it to unify under you acceptance. Acceptance is love. When you accept darkness, you inject light into it. The darkness depreciates. When you reject darkness, it overcomes you. Take fear for example. Say you are afraid of spiders. You reject the spider. Why? Because you are afraid of it. You will always be afraid of it, and it will rule over you. Instead of rejecting your source of fear, accept it, and then it is automatically no longer a source of fear. To accept darkness is to inject light. If you can accept darkness, you can accept anything. If you can accept anything, you will have successfully become like Jesus.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Yeah i mean, the example of the spider: if we have fear of spiders is because we believe that it will make us suffer, there is pain, maybe even death.
So you see the spider, the first reaction is to fear it but if you think: ok, lets see what i can do to avoid being bitten... If i get bitten no problem, if i die, i still am going to be happy, because i have that power, to feel joy and peace, even in the afterlife.
The game is to believe with all your heart, that no matter what happens you can feel good, and even if there is some physical pain for a while, it wont last forever. And even with the pain, if you accept it, and if you take conscience that it will not last forever, it will not be that painful.
There is a lot of people that don't react to pain, the pain is there but they can take it. Impossible? No, because they are not afraid to feel pain, some even like it...
A great part of the suffering is the psychological desperation and the believe that we are at the mercy of outside forces and if they last forever we will be unhappy forever. But it is not like that, our belief makes it so.
We can feel good when we want, this is the truth, its the most underrated truth, the most forgotten truth, maybe because the people that know this are already out of earth, they finished their game, so what is left is a large collective of people dependent from outside forces to feel good, you look around and everyone is like that, so are you, and everyone believes there is no other way. But there is. IMHO

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
That is the message of Jesus as well.

And Buddha.

And all bringers of light.

I have stayed here to try and bring light.

It is difficult. And I felt it was not my choice.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Hi Brian,

You are so right.

I have said in an earlier thread that I think we are a game for someone up there.

But the main thing is to enjoy your life!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

What if the someone up there is all of us? What if that being is masked in all there is, all the forms, all the faces...
It is divided into millions of particles all living at once.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

He was happy receiving light but he woke up: why should i be dependent? I want to make my own light...
The receptor wanted to be free, to be able to create light. To be able to create his own positive energy, to be responsible for his happiness, this doesn't ring a bell? That is the game here. To stop being dependent of outside forces to be happy, to create your own feelings of joy when you want, when you need, this is freedom, to be able to feel what you want, not being at the mercy of forces you cant control.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Ultimately I think Brian is right. The fundamental question always has to be Why? for without that answer ultimately you are grasping at straws. You see a lot of terms thrown around quite often:- Darkness, Light, Love Learning Lessons Meaning but you don't often see the word Logic thrown around.

Ultimately there are two choices. Either we are ultimately one big cosmic accident and everything is exactly as it appears to our senses and computes in our brains (both of which are merely tools with limitations), or there is a little something more to life.

If you choose the latter, then obviously the 'why' question begins to come into play. Imagine if you can (or at least pretend you can
) a singular awareness of all in a formless void i.e the universe prior to the big bang. Completely without knowledge, yet with knowledge of all. What is the first thought you would have....?

"What am I?"

That is the easy question. You are everything that has, is and will ever be....,.

But how then do you know yourself as everything if nothing exists (at least in the sense that we know it). To know what you are, you must know what you are not. To know here, you must know there. There must be something outside of yourself before you begin to know yourself. And so this awareness divided itself via an event we call the big bang.

I do not believe we are here to learn lessons. I do not believe the purpose of our lives is to chase enlightenment. These I believe are a natural progression as the source slowly gathers back its parts to become whole again in the knowledge of all. Your purpose is to experience yourself as you, and in doing so gather all information/knowledge of what it is to be you as a physical incarnation of the Awareness at this specific point along the timeline between the start and the end of the universe as we know it.

Whether you do this via meditating upon a mountain top or indulging in a hedonistic life of sex drugs and rock ‘n’ roll is entirely your choice.

This is my take on things. Of course I could be wrong though….

edit on 28/10/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp

odd response.

he just TOLD you why. he did not tell you how.

you got that completely backwards.

I disagree.
I've not heard from anyone that can tell me why, (if there is a why) we are here.
I've heard someone say that they've "worked it out", but no mention of how they managed this massive feat.
All the theories here are pure fantasy.
No solid evidence, just "gut feelings".
I'm sorry I can't join in with all the back slapping but this whole thread lacks credibility due to the lack of evidence.
I'm not a full on skeptic, I would really love for there to be someone that could show me the deeper meaning to life.
I can't base my life on other people's "what if's" "maybe's" and "what I think's".
Evidence, that is all I can take.
I do live my life as best as I can, I am not selfish, violent etc, I treat others as I would expect others to treat me, not for reward in an afterlife, but to make life here and now more bareable. It's common sense for the advancement of life on this planet.
I'll leave you lot to mix fact with fiction, I'm out.
Good luck.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

I liked your words, you don't care why and how, you are practical, you do good because its the logic rational choice, because that's the best for our lives.
Perfect.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

But if doing good is the logical choice....then why say that to do good is to spread light and overcome darkness. Why wouldnt it just be the thing to do because it leads to a happier existence?
edit on 28-10-2011 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianDamage

I disagree.
I've not heard from anyone that can tell me why, (if there is a why) we are here.
I've heard someone say that they've "worked it out", but no mention of how they managed this massive feat.
All the theories here are pure fantasy.
No solid evidence, just "gut feelings".
I'm sorry I can't join in with all the back slapping but this whole thread lacks credibility due to the lack of evidence.
I'm not a full on skeptic, I would really love for there to be someone that could show me the deeper meaning to life.
I can't base my life on other people's "what if's" "maybe's" and "what I think's".
Evidence, that is all I can take.
I do live my life as best as I can, I am not selfish, violent etc, I treat others as I would expect others to treat me, not for reward in an afterlife, but to make life here and now more bareable. It's common sense for the advancement of life on this planet.
I'll leave you lot to mix fact with fiction, I'm out.
Good luck.

You come on to a metaphysics forum expecting someone to spoon feed you the meaning of life, then bow out in disgust when all you get is conjecture and gut feelings? There is no hard scientific fact. Otherwise none of us would be here in the first place. All science begins as theory (or as you call it - fantasy), and then facts are found which makes that theory more viable. No theory can ever be proved, only supported. You want deep answers? Then maybe you should begin thinking deeply yourself instead of waiting for it to be handed to you on a silver platter. At least the rest of us are giving it a go. You have contributed nothing.

So you can either leave now with your tail between your legs and live your life as a happy agnostic doing your nice deeds because it makes sense for the advancement of life on this planet, which is fine. But if you have a feeling there is something more then maybe you begin seeking your own answers. Who better to figure out why you are here than you?
edit on 28/10/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

The Kabbalah tries to explain the process. Why do we need to do good, shouldn't it be the natural action? It wouldn't require effort or merit if that was the case.
But its not that way, we are given selfish instincts, and the game is to resist them and do good.
The merit of doing good exists because we have an instinct to do bad but because our fundamental will is to do good, we resist doing bad and do good, we transform ourselves from darkness to light, from doing bad, to doing good and with this instead of receiving good energy you create.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Reply to post by Manula

I dont know about that. My natural instinct has always been to share and help others. Which most people would define as doing good. I mean of course sometimes I do good because it feels good or because I would want someone to do the same for me. But I would never describe myself as having to overcome any innately selfish nature within myself.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

You come on to an metaphysics forum expecting someone to spoon feed you the meaning of life, then bow out in disgust when all you get is conjecture and gut feelings? There is no hard scientific fact. Otherwise none of would be here in the first place. All science begins as theory, and then facts are found which makes that theory more viable. No theory can ever be proved, only supported. You want deep answers? Then maybe you should begin thinking deeply youself instead of waiting for it to be handed to you on a silver platter. At least the rest of us are giving it a go. You have contributed nothing.

So you can either leave now with your tail between your legs and live your life as a happy agnostic doing your nice deeds because it makes sense for the advancement of life on this planet, which is fine. But if you have a feeling there is something more then maybe you begin seeking your own answers. Who better to figure out why you are here than you?

I can only smile and give you an applause.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

You never get angry? You never do things that you could have done better?
You never do things that are bad for you or other people? Turn darkness into light is to go from wrong doing to good doing.
There always something to better in our actions.

But if you are perfect or almost perfect in what you do and say, I'm happy for you

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

You never suffer? Because to suffer is emit a dark energy and we are here, according to the kabbalah to emit a positive, light energy. The message is: feel good, be happy, send a positive energy to the world.
Have you accomplished this?
Can you be happy, peaceful, joyful no matter what happens?
This is the challenge imho.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I think the greatest tool is to be aware of the consequences of your actions, to be fully aware.
If you understand the potential effects of your actions, if your actions spread bad energy, and you still do what you feel like, then the transformation is not occurring.
Conscience and awareness of our actions and the effects they might have are the key.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manula

I can only smile and give you an applause.

Lol cheers. Anyone coming onto a forum entitled 'Philosophy and Metaphysics' wanting solid evidence for anything is definitely barking up the wrong tree....

Any thoughts on my initial post Manula? I realise it's quite different to your OP........I've never really looked too deeply into the Kabbalah before.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join