It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to know what we humans are doing here on earth? Me too, and i think i know now...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Whatever you believe is what is good for you, i learned that we should not want others to believe what we believe.
What works for me, might not work for you.
So i respect your view.
But i think this kaballah story hits spot on.
The budhists also have this idea of not being dependent of outside sources to be happy.
Unconditional love, that's what Jesus talked about.
In a simple way, we are responsible for our actions, we are 100% in control of our actions, i think if our actions are positive, if we do good, if we give our best in every action, we are winners.
The question is what are good actions? To feel good and help others feel good. IMHO Its that simple.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I´d like your post. I´d enjoy reading it. Good approach to fundamental questions. Remember that if you really understand the question, deeply, there is the answer. The answer is IN the question.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

All I think I'm saying is that we need to be reintegrated in the truth and reality as it is, which is available to us as our own intrinsic experience of being alive, and that the creation or objective reality is not whole and complete until we are included in it, as we are. Once we see and experience and know ourselves as we really are, where all ignorance and dross elements have fallen away, in the space of that type of clearing, what you speak of will come naturally, but will otherwise be clouded until we come clean in the light of truth and reality as it is and as we are, whole and complete. We must first take the plank out of our own eye, and then everything will be clear. There's a lot of work to be done to get clear like that, and yes it requires the space of unconditional love and acceptance, to heal all wounds.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by greenCo

hmmm, maybe i am to dumb but i didn't get it.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Everything in this thread, so far as I can work out, is wishfull thinking, guesses and a whole lot of imagination.
I'm not being a troll, I just want to get people to admit that none of us know why we exsist.
Without the knowledge of why we exsist, none of us can possibly know the true "path" to follow as far as "life rules" goes.
If we were born into a warrior culture, we would probably think the "true path" would be through aggression.
What if the true path is in fact to be as selfish and violent as possible?
What if love is a sign of weakness?
Bottom line is, we just don't know.
Maybe there is no path, maybe we just really like the idea that there might be one.
If we ever work out why we are here, then we would have a place to start to try and work out the best way to live, untill then, we just have to find ways to live so that we can all get on and work out what's best for us to advance as a species.
Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianDamage

I will not argue with you. If you are comfortable being violent and selfish go ahead, its your experience, its your way, if that is your calling, if that is what you really want when you are calm and peaceful, then go ahead.
To do what you really want, when you are sincere and honest with yourself, when you are not trying to please others, when you want to be what you are, that's your soul calling to your life missions, maybe you have to go through that experience to learn something. Go ahead then. I wish you the best.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manula

I will not argue with you. If you are comfortable being violent and selfish go ahead, its your experience, its your way, if that is your calling, if that is what you really want when you are calm and peaceful, then go ahead.
To do what you really want, when you are sincere and honest with yourself, when you are not trying to please others, when you want to be what you are, that's your soul calling to your life missions, maybe you have to go through that experience to learn something. Go ahead then. I wish you the best.

I was speaking hypothetically, I am not "comfortable" being violent and selfish and don't consider myself to be either. I was pointing out the polar opposit of light and love etc.
Again, how can you, or anyone, claim to know how to undertake a journey without knowing the purpose for said journey?
How do we know it's even a journey?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

One problem. If there was absolutely no reason or purpose for our existence, or for existence itself, then we would not be here to begin with, and yet here we are included in it. That the frame of reference is entirely open based on each one's unique personal experience and POV ie: no set plan, means that we are free to choose our path in alignment with who we wish to be, and to become.

This is why I see the whole thing as the Absolute making experience possible to have varied experience and for there to exist the opportunity to share, and to grow. In this way I am then compelled to say that love is at cause in the universe, not as a feeling, but as a nurturing evolutionary process, so that we might have the opportunity to discover, together, who and what we are and why we're here from a whole multitide of angles and perspective or unique personal spiritual experience.

This is much better than nothing at all, imho.

edit on 27-10-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianDamage
How do we know it's even a journey?

A journey involves change and discovery.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Look, there is darkness, there is wrong doing, according to the cabala, we must live our own darkside and survive it, resist it. Example:if you like beating people, life will test you, it will put you in positions where you can beat people, the challenge is to face our darkness remember? But there is the force of light also and you know beating people is wrong, it hurts, so although you like it, you resist it. Thats when you create light out of darkness.
Our mission is to be tested and pass the tests. For that we will be given selfish instincts that we must overcome, because our fundamental will is to be happy and make others happy, we want to become creators of light but when we face our darkness we not always win the challenge, its a tough road...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You are now a skeptic, ask for answers, get inspired, meditate, that's when answers come, but you must want to find out, if you don't want to know, the answer will not come. Life is full of challenges, do you like to play easy games? I don't so i understand that things aren't easy and obvious, they are not meant to be.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianDamage
Everything in this thread, so far as I can work out, is wishfull thinking, guesses and a whole lot of imagination.
I'm not being a troll, I just want to get people to admit that none of us know why we exsist.
Without the knowledge of why we exsist, none of us can possibly know the true "path" to follow as far as "life rules" goes.

To know our purpose, we don't need to know why we are here, all we need to know is what we are. Then, fully become what we are, and carry out our purpose (what we were designed to do). We don't need to know why it is our purpose to carry out the purpose.

So far, I've pretty much narrowed our purpose down to work and learn. Then, that answers your question. Why are we here? To work and learn. Again, this is established by the essence of our being. Then the bigger why question is "Why is our purpose to work and learn?" The only answer we have so far is that it just is. But if an absolute answer was ever provided, wouldn't you then be able to ask "Why?" again? That's called the "Why?" game. I used to play it when I was a kid.

Suppose there is a God, and you asked him "Why?" and he said, "Cause I wanted to." Then what would you say? Would you say "Why?" Then what would God say? You could be asking why for all eternity.

Perhaps the question "Why?" is the reason why. The reason we exist is because we keep asking "Why?". Out of Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How, the question "Why?" is the only one that could be asked infinitely, and because it can be asked infinitely, we will continue to evolve until we arrive at the answer, which we never will, unless the answer to the question "Why?" is sitting right in front of you. Then look out at the world and say in a moment of enlightened sincerity, "This is Why.". I just did, and I have to admit, I felt pretty close to God's mind. Actually, it was pretty awesome.
edit on 27-10-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Great post. work and learn, you have to admit though that we have some traits that we wish to change, we know there is darkness to be lightened up. Is that part of the work and learning? I guess it is.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manula

Great post. work and learn, you have to admit though that we have some traits that we wish to change, we know there is darkness to be lightened up. Is that part of the work and learning? I guess it is.

All is energy, so all has the ability to do work. We are energy in an intelligent form capable of doing intelligent work. You can either work for yourself, or work for others. Working for others is the outward expression of love. The inward expression of love is accepting others and all information that is being presented to you from your external environment. That is learning by acceptance. Acceptance is truth. Accept all, whether good or bad, and reality will show you its truth. Combine this inward expression of love with outward service, and you will find yourself in a transcendent state of unity, and you will think that you have emerged in a divine reality.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

One thing is to accept and love, another is to transform yourself. To want to transform is to admit not that you are wrong, but that you want something else. It has to be with your inner will. What do we all really want? To feel good and avoid feeling bad. So we all want light and not darkness but we have to admit that there is no darkness without light. But none of us want to stick in the darkness, none of us want to feel bad.
So our fundamental will is to feel good, the game is to discover that this feeling can be ours when we want, we are not dependent of outside forces we cannot control, we can feel good by pure choice in any moment, this is freedom, this is light-working.
This does not resonate?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Well, I can totally relate to everything you said to be honest, I've experienced this realization very strongly in the past month or so. I've realized that happiness has nothing to do with the outside world, thus I've abandoned all my external fantasies and I have no will or desire to create a specific outcome as I know it won't make me any happier or unhappier. I only feel unhappy when I lose the connection with myself, or forget who I really am. I've also realized that there is no 'me' and i'm just an expression of light and when there is no 'me' = there is only light, and then my only mission is to help others to find the light within. It came out to me after a very deep meditation, when I saw that my true source of happiness is to light on others. And express the light which I am. (That is, we are all light of course and we all have the potential to find the light and express it)

Thanks for this beautiful post, by the title I was a bit skeptic that it might be some religious preaching, turned out to be (at least for me) the truth said by other light being.

Love & Light.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

Thanks for your kind words.
I really resonate with this idea, that we want to create our own happiness without being dependent of forces we cant control and that are always temporary. Also, the idea that we start in darkness and that we must illuminate from it, out of the darkness we create light, we start with selfish instincts (just want to receive) but in resisting it, we create light, like a lamp, it has two poles, negative and positive, its the resistance that creates light.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

True.
I hope as many as possible will wake up to this apparently universal truth. We need more light in our world, our planet needs more light!

Thanks for posting this wonderful thread! Hope it helped others as well!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

This message is all over the place, if we think in the famous concept of unconditional love, that is to love life no matter what, to be happy independently of the forces outside ourselves, to create light.

Jesus spoke of this, astrology has it (sign pisces, planet neptune).

Budhism has it, the mechanism of detachment, aversion etc

Its everywhere but life seems so hard and complex that we cant see it.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Ok...the OP made my day!...read all the ensuing posts...and still have a silly grin on my face...In my world he is right! I do believe spreading the love and happiness is the answer...and of course spreading joy...helps all matters of this earth...wether humanity..enviornment..spirituality of all sorts...as the old saying goes...like a ripple on a pond... awww....just smilling...ahhhhhhh.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join