It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else notice the sun rising too far to the East? Too quickly

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I don't usually thread on this forum but I have to say I can't believe how far to the east the sun rose this morning in Nevada. I already checked stellarium and it still looks too far eastward,, Anyone else notice this?
edit on 27-10-2011 by CherubBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Stellarium probably isn't the best tool to use to get an accurate reading of where the is exactly rising from. Plus, we're much closer to the fall equinox than the winter solstice, therefore, the sun will be rising almost due east this time of year.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
My driveway runs straight east and I noticed after reading your post that it is to the south side of the driveway, so I looked up where it is and when

curious.astro.cornell.edu...

Only on the equinoxes (Sept/Mar 21st) does the Sunrise/set at due East/West. At the solstices (Dec/June 21st) the position is its furthest South/North of East/West. How far to the North or South that is depends on your lattitude.

It's on its way to rising towards the south east.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ledzeppelin489

I realize that. I know what the sun does at the paticular times of the year. My point is that it has moved dramatically eastward in the last week.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I've noticed a whole lot of small and random changes with everything in the last several months, including changes with the sun. I "get" the cycles, changes, etc. and I know the science, math, measurements and all that. But I also know what I see and feel, and it's just different. I stopped talking about it because I was tired of science being thrown at it. Proof that everything is normal backed by science and numbers that don't lie don't change the fact that everything we know today will change tomorrow.
plus it doesn't take into consideration my intuition, gut feeling, point of view, etc...

I am sure there is a very simple explanation for what you are seeing.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

See this thread for an explanation.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I realize that. I know what the sun does at the paticular times of the year. My point is that it has moved dramatically eastward in the last week.

Are you sure about that? Or, as I suspect, did you just notice this and thinking back is seems to have moved drastically. This happens a lot, peoples brains fill in the blanks.

the sun is exactly where it should be for me, and since we're on the same earth looking at the same sun, I think it's safe to assume it's right where it should be. considering the solar flares and activity as of late you can bet your butt people are monitoring it closely considering it's effects on the planet.

That said. I do believe it's time for a new forum section:

"The sun/moon isn't where it should be"

Because this is a weekly theme at ATS between nibiru and elenin threads, you will always find someone who claims that some heavenly body isn't in the right spot, even though everyone else on earth says it is.

But I also know what I see and feel, and it's just different. I stopped talking about it because I was tired of science being thrown at it. Proof that everything is normal backed by science and numbers that don't lie don't change the fact that everything we know today will change tomorrow. plus it doesn't take into consideration my intuition, gut feeling, point of view, etc...

no, science couldn't ever take your "gut feeling" or "intuition" into account other than to form hypothesis that could later be tested. Proof that everything is normal, well, with the sun at least, is easily attained, go outside and look up. Though I would never ever be silly enough to discount a woman's intuition, time and time again it has proven pretty accurate.

I agree though, there is a very reasonable explanation for this, the sun is where it should be.

edit on 27-10-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I started an account after lurking here for many years, because of your post. I was sitting on my back porch as I do every night to watch the sunset. I have a very good view of the sky except for a few trees, a shed and a dock. I DID notice the sun was not setting where it should be. It has never set behind the shed. Always where I could view it. 5 years I have been watching the sunset from this view. I couldn't believe it when I saw your post today. Either we're crazy or something has changed.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Didn't you think there was something terribly wrong with the moon a few weeks back as well?

I think you're looking for something, anything to be wackadoodle for whatever reason.

Just my opinion, and we all know what opinions are like.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

You should start taking pics from a fixed vantage point, including a compass reading. At this point in the year, after the summer solstice, the sun should be progressing further south each day until it reaches its southernmost at winter equinox, after which it begins its transition northward or "to the east" again.

I've felt like you did that the sun was off, but at the point in time when i noticed the anomaly i realized that without some points of reference BEFORE and AFTER the strange sunset/sunrise location/time one can't make any valid conclusions about what was witnessed or perceived.

I feel strongly that the earth is where it should be and the sun and moon are likewise in their place, however i feel that there is something genuinely affecting the optics of our atmosphere and the "apparent" locations of the sun/moon in the sky as well as the sunrise/sunset times. Perhaps there is a lot of quackery going on with peoples takes on "why the sun is off", but I have witnessed two specific anomalies: one is the early sunrise and the other was a sunset too far north. But with an incomplete data set BEFORE/AFTER pics I could draw no realistic conclusions.....

my fancy Pseudo-Scientific hunch is that there are forces, proably of an electromagnetic/gravitic nature that alter our magnetosphere in such a way as to affect the path light travels to earth from the sun. Additionally I feel those same hypothesized forces affect our atmosphere and ionosphere in such a way as to contribute to additional atmospheric distortions leading to a " the sun was off " moment.

the worst part of all this is the inconsistency of places and times where these events are observed. If they weren't so inconsistent there probably would be an effort to scientifically validate these ideas, till then, it's just the nonsense astronomers like me trying to put together random events and come up with our own theories. (i am NOT an astronomer, no background or anything, as such, I am fully unqualified to make any valid assertions about space and celestial happenings).......but I can speculate and share!!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

no, science couldn't ever take your "gut feeling" or "intuition" into account other than to form hypothesis that could later be tested. Proof that everything is normal, well, with the sun at least, is easily attained, go outside and look up. Though I would never ever be silly enough to discount a woman's intuition, time and time again it has proven pretty accurate.

Yup... I look up, I look down (at shadows), I take dozens of photographs day and night. I always have my eye on the sky. Just when I'm sure everything is normal something crazy will happen... like.... the sun shining through my window at 4:30 in the morning, even though I know the sunrise for my particular area is at 7:07 am for that particular day. And I am not talking about just light with no actual sun in the sky yet. I am talking sunrise.

But other than me and my husband... who would notice? Everyone else is probably too busy speeding to Starbucks for their Grande' Salted Caramel Mocha (for a limited time only).

Also, regardless of the cycle. Since last March the light has been much whiter (to me) more flourescent, less yellow. Eh.. maybe I need new glasses

I agree though, there is a very reasonable explanation for this, the sun is where it should be.

I agree. Based on what I have been taught and what I am told, the sun is exactly where it should be.

I was also taught that Thanksgiving was a warm and fuzzy celebration between the Pilgrims and Indians. I was also taught that Christopher Columbus was the guy who discovered America. I was also taught that if I left a tooth under my pillow, I 'd get a buck the next day. Up until a few weeks ago I thought nothing could go faster than the speed of light. I was taught that hard work will make me successful, I was taught (and am still told) that voting matters, my mother was taught that smoking cigarettes was good for you, I didn't know that high fructose corn syrup was a bad thing, etc, etc, etc....

Sooner or later, what we know as fact, will change.

When you watch a crappy news station like Fox and they dedicate the first seven minutes of the news, what they consider to be their top story, to the Red Sox transition...? Really? With all the crap going on in the world is this what people are interested in? Christ I wish people would wake the F up and take a look around.

Anyway... It is what it is. Thanks for the comment

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lovingheart

Thanks for the kind words and your observations. If I may make a suggestion for the future. Always follow your heart. The heart is enough but when you add your common sense and memory as well as data , you can't be wrong no matter who may try to tell you a pig is and elephant. Thanks again..

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

Are you saying the sun rose 3 hours early and you and your husband are the only ones to notice? When did this happen? How often does this happen? Did the sun set at the proper time and position?

Without knowing your location (don't need to tell me) and since the sun is behaving perfectly normal here. Maybe you are experiencing some sort of localized tectonic motion. You know, the land you are on may be lifting and turning.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Yup... I look up, I look down (at shadows), I take dozens of photographs day and night. I always have my eye on the sky. Just when I'm sure everything is normal something crazy will happen... like.... the sun shining through my window at 4:30 in the morning, even though I know the sunrise for my particular area is at 7:07 am for that particular day. And I am not talking about just light with no actual sun in the sky yet. I am talking sunrise.

There is a phenomenon called "zodiacal light" or "false dawn" that occurs as the sun rises it reflects off of space dust that makes it appear the sun is rising before it's time. Especially on moonless nights. It's faint but gives it an appearance of a very early sun. If your particular sunrise in your area says 7:07 you are not seeing the actual sun at 4:30 I'm afraid.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by underdogradio

Are you saying the sun rose 3 hours early and you and your husband are the only ones to notice? When did this happen? How often does this happen? Did the sun set at the proper time and position?

Without knowing your location (don't need to tell me) and since the sun is behaving perfectly normal here. Maybe you are experiencing some sort of localized tectonic motion. You know, the land you are on may be lifting and turning.

I am saying that the sunlight shining through my window at 4:30 a.m. woke both of us up. I sat up and mumbled "wtf is the sun up so early for" and went back to sleep.

A few of my friends later said they noticed it too and didn't understand why. Other people I mentioned it too were just like "oh yeah.. it was wierd..." and then went back to whatever they were doing, like they didn't think it was important.

It happened twice (that's two times) back in late June. Yes... I generalized when I indicated the time earlier, I was going by a random date in October for the sake of the conversaton.

So technically, late June (last two weeks) the sunrise for June 19th wast 4:36 a.m. and by June 30th it was at 4:40 a.m. Keep in mind I am not talking about twilight (not the movie), between dawn and actual sunrise during which sunlight scattering in the upper atmosphere illuminates the lower atmosphere, and the surface of the earth is neither completely lit nor completely dark.

So, on 6/19 with twilight being 3:55 a.m. and actual surise at 4:36 a.m. I would say I woke up, looked out, and could clearly see the sun already over the horizon at least six or seven minutes earlier than it should have been.

It never happened before. It hasn't happened since then. I would consider any reasonable explanation.

It's not just the sun either. Environmentaly speaking, with some things it's like we are super accelerated or running a month or so ahead of ourselves. With other things it seems like we are running slow. The whole summer came and went and everything was just slightly off. The light/dark, cycle of my garden, plants, trees. Even the bugs were out of sorts.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Maybe that's why a lot of these ancient sites (Stonehenge, great pyramid, etc) are setup for the sun to shine through a tiny hole during the equinoxes. Some type of early warning system... if the equinox hits and the sun isn't shining where it's supposed to the you know what is about to hit the fan.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

Yes I did and still do. Do you know why ? Do you mind quoting what I said ? Please stay on topic?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

dead on statement there. by having a fixed point of observation, anomalies could more easily stand out to those seasoned observers using those places....

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I believe sunrise is calculated based on when the sun actually rises above the horizon line. Your landscape might be below the actual horizon line so because the sun appears in your sky before the actual exact time of sunrise may be based on how your terrain is shaped.

If it was truly rising early more than just you would have noticed it, it would be all over the news.
edit on 27-10-2011 by Metal Head because: spelling

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metal Head
If it was truly rising early more than just you would have noticed it, it would be all over the news.
edit on 27-10-2011 by Metal Head because: spelling

Which News? Mass Media who doesn't tell us crap?

I do have the same impression, that the sun moved a bit. For years i saw the sun rising (basically every day in summer when i got to school) and it always rose between those two trees we have standing here. They still stand here, but this summer when i saw the sun rise it wasn't between the trees but the sun was a bit more to the left. Neither those trees nor my house were moved

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join