It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'America's Most Dangerous Pets'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
With what seems like impecible timing given the nature of recent events in Ohio Louis Theroux is back with a new documentary titled 'America's Most Dangerous Pets' this Sunday evening on BBC2 at 9pm.

According to some reports, there are now more tigers in captivity in the US than in the wild in the whole of Asia, as well as large numbers of lions, bears and chimpanzees.

Travelling to America's heartlands, Louis Theroux spends time with an Oklahoma man who has bred and collected over 150 tigers, visits the woman who privately owns one of America's largest collections of chimpanzees, and finds himself in uncomfortably close contact with a number of big cats and dangerous primates

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
i'll have to give that a watch but it'll probably make me feel sad for the stuff caged up

and for some reason i though of snookie from jersey shore on a rampage after more fake tan when i saw the title

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

lol

But yeah, I guess that's the point Louis' style really leaves it up to the viwer to decide for themselves how to take the info shown. Animals always tend to tweak the emotions a bit more.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Not too long ago, one of these nutjobs let all of his animals go free, and killed himself, while most of the now loose animals had to be put down. Sad story.

I have a friend who has a good-sized monkey. Not sure why the heck she has it. I mean, get a dog or a cat.

Of course, if I'd let her, my wife would have a menagerie....

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
@pazcat; best avatar evar.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

That was about a week ago, it's what I was referencing to in the OP. There is a thread here somewhere. It did all seem a bit horrific. Like I said the timing of the new doco is either well timed or poorly timed depending on which side of the fence you are on.

I know plenty of people with snakes but a monkey? It's legal though in the U.S isn't it?
Most places wouldn't allow it.

@Lysergic, I'm only keeping it a few more days. The topical nature is wearing off.

edit on 27-10-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I found a recent article written by Louis about his time spent filming the documentay.

Travis, a 14-year-old, 200lb (91kg) chimpanzee, had once been the star of several TV commercials. He lived in suburban Connecticut with his owner Sandra Herold, sipping wine from a stemmed glass and occasionally popping a Xanax. One day in 2009, he viciously attacked a human neighbour, ripping off her face and chewing off several of her fingers.

Chimp owners have been fighting an uphill publicity battle ever since.

Also a couple of other links but I can't find a clip of the ads being shown on tv yet.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...
www.radiotimes.com...'s-most-dangerous-pets

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Finally some clips have been uploaded to give you a bit of a taste.

top topics

join