It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dont think jesus wanted religion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

Dude, what are you smoking? The only part of the Bible that was written in Aramaic was a portion of the book of Daniel. The entire OT was translated into Greek 300 years before Christ was alive. It's called the "Septuagint". It was a necessity because the common people needed a version of the Tenakh in Greek!

And this was a necessity 300 years before Christ! You tell me why there was a need to translate the Tenakh into Greek if no one spoke Greek? The territory of Judea had been Greek-speaking since the days of Alexander the Great.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I am a FIRM believer that Jesus existed and his whole attitude and teachings were indeed great.

But i am also a firm believer that he would not support "institutionalized church" as we have today, in fact i am believing that some of the IMPORTANT messages (qumran scrolls and others!) of his teachings were suppressed and made it NOT into the bible, INTENTIONALLY.

I think Jesus taught that "God is everywhere"..."out there"..."under every stone"..."in every animal" etc...and people just need to look TO SEE. They dont need a church and a hierarchy of priests to find and see God.

However, this is in stark contrast to the established church, OF COURSE. This is why those scrolls and gospels have been suppressed - resulting in that today's institutionalized church does not have a lot in common anymore with the true teachings and spirit of Jesus.

--> Many people "go to church" etc....but totally miss the true teachings and what it is really about..

My $0.02
edit on 27-10-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

But i am also a firm believer that he would not support "institutionalized church" as we have today, in fact i am believing that some of the IMPORTANT messages (qumran scrolls and others!) of his teachings were suppressed and made it NOT into the bible, INTENTIONALLY.

The Qumran scrolls date to 150 BC, how exactly would Christ's teachings make it into them? That's why there were no NT books of the Bible found in the caves at Qumran.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Christian Catholicism is what the Romans introduced.

Before this, Christianity was actually a Gnostic belief full of magic and ritual, as far as I can tell.
edit on 27-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I do believe there was a jesus christ but just like I believe there was a 'buddah'.

An obese God? Didn't he have self control?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Before this Christianity was actually a Gnostic belief full of magic and ritual, as far as I can tell.

Wrong, the first to mix Gnosticism with Christianity was Justin Martyr and he wasn't born until the 2nd century.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

What I choose is my choice! Who knows what his true image is..i dont think jesus would of been light haired and blue eyed either

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BroketheWall

Unless he was descended from Sumeria, as it is rumoured the area of the Nazarenes was populated by Sumerian descendants, not like the Judeans, later called Jews, and re-written into the Bible as Jewish. This isn't to mistake the then Khazars who invaded Jerusalem and took on the whole persona of Judeans. They are what todays Jews look like. It is not their fault their ancestors stole a civilizations identity.

It's not Black and White. And therein lies the problem.
edit on 27-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Before this Christianity was actually a Gnostic belief full of magic and ritual, as far as I can tell.

Wrong, the first to mix Gnosticism with Christianity was Justin Martyr and he wasn't born until the 2nd century.

I don't think that's correct. Actually I know thats not correct. Most of Martyr's writings were anti gnostic.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BroketheWall
I do believe there was a jesus christ but just like I believe there was a buddah. Most likely very spiritually advanced souls, but thats just my take. Heres a question christians never think of...if jesus was God do you think he would of knew/knows that making another religion would only cause more wars and will only cause more seperation in the world!?! Heres another, do you think he knows/knew that is impossible for people to accept him as the savior because everyone is a result of their enviorment and believe what their raised on? This was caused by the tower of babel when god seperated the world. That would only cause more wars! I think we are seperated from god and eachother for a reason, and the reason is to learn in this life. I believe earth is just a school for souls...good and evil and all the other dualities are just learning tools. Any thoughts?

I realize this is a man made movie, and is only an interpretation, but it kind of puts things in perspective....

this one is my favorite though:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I read the thread and would like to add my opinion. To begin with, if you believe that Jesus is the Son of God (I do), then you therefore believe in God. It stands to reason that in that case you believe God knows all. Therefore God would know what the consequences of sending Jesus were. The conflict arises because of free will. This is to God's purpose. Remember the parable of the Good Samaratin,the people one would naturally expect to help the merchant chose to pass him by. If only the rightious may inherit the Kingdom of Heaven, the only way to determine a person's soul is wether they are living their lives like they believe in Jesus.
As to the definition of religion, religion is man's way to try to understand God, therefore there are as many religions as there are people. This is because each person defines their own relationship to God. Even Athesim is in fact, a religion by this definition.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
reply to post by Justoneman

if i am not mistaken (purty sure i'm not)...allah is the same God as the God of abraham??? i mean...even islam recognizes Jesus as a prophet...just not "the" prophet.

and this is where all religions go asunder! all the prophets actually referenced the same God. but because the prophets are different...people think the Gods are different.

If what you are saying is correct, then every Muslim out there would agree with the following verses:

John 1:1-3(KJV)
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2The same was in the beginning with God.
3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by educatedhick

Since you are a christian I want to ask you this...do you believe people who are not christian are going to hell?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BroketheWall
I do believe there was a jesus christ but just like I believe there was a buddah. Most likely very spiritually advanced souls, but thats just my take. Heres a question christians never think of...if jesus was God do you think he would of knew/knows that making another religion would only cause more wars and will only cause more seperation in the world!?! Heres another, do you think he knows/knew that is impossible for people to accept him as the savior because everyone is a result of their enviorment and believe what their raised on? This was caused by the tower of babel when god seperated the world. That would only cause more wars! I think we are seperated from god and eachother for a reason, and the reason is to learn in this life. I believe earth is just a school for souls...good and evil and all the other dualities are just learning tools. Any thoughts?

Christianity isn't a religion. Christendom (what the cahtolics do) is the religion. I do not bow down to anyone other than Jesus Christ. I follow no laws other than those set down by Jesus Christ. He alone is my King, i am not going to bow down to some old geezer in a funny hat and kiss his ring, and i am not going to pray to Mary for anything because she can do nothing. Getting sprinkled with water when youre a baby will not save your soul and it does not entitle you to anything. Priests cannot absolve you of sins, only the Lord may do that and only he may set your punishment. The pope cannot excommunicate you because he doesn't have the right to do that. Once saved your salvation cannot be revoked. Once you have given your soul to the living God no one has the power to take you from him, not even yourself. The Roman Catholic Church takes it upon themselves to play God on earth and this angers the Lord. Priests are the supposed mediators between the Lord and his people when that is not even needed. Jesus Christ has given us entrance to the throne room, we no longer need a priest to seek his face. All of the Lord's believers on earth are his representatives, not some random dude in a confession box. Kissing a cross and worshipping it is called idolatry. Bending knee to a cross with an image of Jesus on it is also idolatry because we do not know what he looks like.

The true Christianity is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. No we do not have to go to church but our Lord wishes it of us so that we can fellowship with our brothers and sisters and be a family and grow stronger in our faith as his bride. We are stronger together than we are separate.

You are right, Jesus didn't want religion. He wanted us to live his laws as according to him, not according to man's interpretation of his laws. It was for this reason that he came to earth in the first place, to be a living example of how we should live his laws as accorded by him. Jesus is the truth the way and the life, you must walk his path if you ever wish to see him at the end of the road.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I believe that Jesus said that belief in Him was necessary for eternal life, however, I also believe that all people are loved by God and that He does not require one to belong to a certain group. I have studied a lot of "myths" from different cultures and it is my belief that Jesus came to many people to give all an oppurtunity to have eternal life. I believe he did this in a manner that each culture would understand.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

edit on 27-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by educatedhick

I agree...alot of people are very forgiving and loving and its hard to believe that we are more loving and forgiving than god.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Yes, there are a lot of loving,forgiving people that I believe are motavated by their inner connection to God. The problems arise when we try to convert one another to our particular beliefs. We miss the entire point of God's purpose for us when we attack the very thing in each other that should be encouraged, which is a personal relationship with God.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
I am a FIRM believer that Jesus existed and his whole attitude and teachings were indeed great.

I think Jesus taught that "God is everywhere"..."out there"..."under every stone"..."in every animal" etc...and people just need to look TO SEE. They dont need a church and a hierarchy of priests to find and see God.

However, this is in stark contrast to the established church, OF COURSE. This is why those scrolls and gospels have been suppressed - resulting in that today's institutionalized church does not have a lot in common anymore with the true teachings and spirit of Jesus.

--> Many people "go to church" etc....but totally miss the true teachings and what it is really about..

My $0.02
edit on 27-10-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

You are right. I can see the hand of the Lord in everything. That is what those teachings meant. If you know how to look you can see God in evreything he made. His unique signature is in everything. Most people cannot see it or don't know how to look for it. Just like when he blesses people, they take it for granted and do not acknowledge it because sometimes he does things subtley in small ways. The largest and most miraculous of his signs and wonders were given in the earlier days of the Israelites because they were a stiff necked people who even after seeing his miracles still doubted him.

This is why when Jesus said that future believers would be looked upon by him in a higher regard than his own disciples because we can believe in him without ever seeing him or his miracles, when they saw his miracles and spent time with him and still doubted.

He truly is everywhere, because with him in your heart he is everywhere you are and in everything you do.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

I don't think that's correct. Actually I know thats not correct. Most of Martyr's writings were anti gnostic.

"In the teachings of Justin Martyr, we begin to see how muddy the stream of pure Christian doctrine was running among the heretical seats fifty years after the death of the apostle John."

Dr. Benjamin G. Wilkinson, Christian Historian

Justin was the first to mix the two, Gnosticism with Christianity. Something can be said also for Carpocrates but scholars are divided on who truly was the first.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join