It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The OWS protesters represent the 99% do they?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I know the 99% and 1% is more of a meme rather than a solid statistic but a thought occurred to me earlier today about all these people camping out for these protests.

These people are there to protest for the 'little people' and 'standing up to the elite'.

Yet there are reports of areas that are occupied by these protesters being inundated by garbage, human waste and vermin

Who's going to clean up this mess?

The protesters?

Ha!

Seems to be a double standard going on here.

edit on 27/10/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I know the 99% and 1% is more of a meme rather than a solid statistic but a thought occurred to me earlier today about all these people camping out for these protests.

These people are there to protest for the 'little people' and 'standing up to the elite'.

Yet there are reports of areas that are occupied by these protesters being inundated by garbage, human waste and vermin

Who's going to clean up this mess?

The protesters?

Ha!

Seems to be a double standard going on here.

edit on 27/10/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

Actually, where I just returned from in St Louis, WE Occupiers did police up our own trash, bag all the garbage and nicely stack those bags for the city trucks as well as frequently walk the entire width and breadth of the park...vegetation and all...to insure everything was picked up and looking tidy. It worked. Porta-Pots were also on-site and serviced every morning.

Of course Occupy STL also has a very cordial and effective working relation with Police as of this time, and I've heard nothing since returning home from there that leads me to think that changed. So, perhaps St Louis is different in a number of ways, as other camps I see in the media almost look like a cholera outbreak waiting to happen. Then again, perhaps they aren't that different and the media is simply showing what they went there specifically to find. I suspect it's a little of both.

That is the nature of a diffused movement with no leadership as such, and no national guidelines to keep it all looking uniform from one location to the next. Growing pains.....that is one donation no one need make. Occupy has plenty of those, but they are improving.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I know the 99% and 1% is more of a meme rather than a solid statistic

Maybe this is why they're in debt up their eyeballs. They can't grasp simple mathematics.

Seriously, this 99% thing is so nebulous, and they change the definition every other minute as to who is or isn't part of the 1% that their credibility is past being in question.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
You may as well # on Wall Street rather than your neighbours door step. Figuratively of course.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well I'm glad not everywhere is filled with selfish slobs...

new topics

top topics

join