It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen killed by U.S Drone Strike

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

And I'm supposed to be proud of my country? I want every single person who authorized this drone to be punished! I want them all to lose there jobs and go to jail. Unconstitutional drone strikes killing kids now? A 16 year old kid...wtf? How is this okay? Why are we putting up with it?

You can't justify killing kids! YOU JUST CAN'T! Even if the kid was a terrorist. We as Americans don't kill kids!
edit on 10/26/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

We shouldn't be killing anyone with impunity and no trial. They are living, breathing, human beings. When they are underage it becomes even more outrageous.
these attacks need to stop. TPTB cannot be entrusted with this type of murderous hardware.
How many more will we murder. If they killed have they been found guilty? No their guilt was only assumed.
Our courts are not ordering these strikes. No one has been found guilty, not even Gaddafi!
they were not tried and they were not killed. they have been murdered and there is a difference between murder and killing.
DH

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This US adventurism is getting dangerously psychotic in nature. Obviously we need to put a stop to it, but how? Our entire government is now owned by Corporatists, and the American people have no say anymore. The Owners have put us on a diet of warmongering, regime change, and international high crimes. They're not listening to us, and I daresay they have no plans to stop themselves until they're sated--whenever that may be.

I hope somebody comes up with some answers soon, because we are thoroughly screwed until then....

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

what world are you living in? this is just fog of war... obama can kill anyone he wants. the constitution does not matter!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
My blood pressure is rising. Somebody MUST want the masses to explode. The heat and impetus is being applied world-wide.

I pray it blows up in their face and not amongst us as they want it too.

Drones. Evil.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Did the gov have tags on this guy for like 2 months before they even took him down? They were quite obviously watching him for a long while, how did they not know they were killing TWO innocent people??

Well I say innocent, who knows what terrorist agenda they likely conspired

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I just want to go on record saying this:

I may be a US citizen, but I do not agree with one thing our government is doing. Everything they are doing, be it domestic or international issues, they are doing completely wrong. Our "elected" officials are a bunch of morons only concerned with their well being and the well being of their bank accounts. They have no concern for human life and they show no remorse in KILLING THEIR OWN CITIZENS WITHOUT TRIAL. And now this just makes it even worse. I by no means support terrorism or the killing of innocents, but I do see where they (and a good chunk of the world) would be pissed at the US Govt. For some reason our Government finds it necessary to be 'world police' which makes our country look like a bunch of assholes bent on world control (which as far as I can tell is what the "elected" officials want in the long run). It's disgusting, horrifying, and revolting most of the things the US Govt does to maintain their status quo, like killing US Citizens without trial AND KILLING THEIR CHILDREN IN THE PROCESS.

Death to america? No...

We just need to get rid of these asshats in power and make sure that they never get that power again. And while we're at it, the major banks need to be dismantled along with the Federal Reserve, they just perpetuate the cycle of greed. And from what I've seen in my life greed almost always leads to senseless violence.

/rant

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

I suspect the government knew they were killing the kid. The kid probably had ties to terrorists (like I said I don't support the killing regardless of how guilty the kid might have been) and was planning something. The government needed to kill the kid and took the opportunity to do it and cover it up. They couldn't legally do it after all. You can't put assassinations on minors.

I suspect they intended to kill the kid to be honest.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Well you can't put assassinations on minors. Obama and his cronies (or whatever force commands him and his cronies) can do whatever they want. With or without the respect and interest of the public--seeing as they (us) do not matter.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
One of the strengths of American as a country is it's morale obligation to stick up for the little guy, and the big ones to. I don't know the facts of the above but I understand that this happens and to demand that all those responsible.should be fired is unrealistic. We as a country cannot just flip the switch and stop a decade of military enforcement and influence.

What is more realistic is our ability to elect new people in office from the ground up and hope that we get someone like Rosevelt or Reagan who realizes that we need to secure our assets but contain our influence on other countries to a point that allows us the freedom to repair ourselves without allowing ourselves to be threatened.

Or plan B would be to just wait for the Grays to take over the Goverment from the Lizardmen.

Edit: forgot my point.
It's USA's morale obligations that make things like this kids death not go unnoticed. I feel sorry for those people who can walk by a 2 year old that just got ran over by two cars. Or those that ignore mass rapes and murders as everyday occurrences.

If a Police Officer hit a kid with a baton without cause the public response would be insane. If a random stranger hit a kid with a baton in public the amount of individuals defending that kid would be insane.
edit on 26-10-2011 by Toolatetotalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept

Did the gov have tags on this guy for like 2 months before they even took him down? They were quite obviously watching him for a long while, how did they not know they were killing TWO innocent people??

Well I say innocent, who knows what terrorist agenda they likely conspired

Well, that's just the point: Who knows? And IF he was up to something, and IF they knew, then they are obliged to gather evidence and present it in court. This practice of higher-ups just deciding on their own that someone is up to something and then having them *wiped* is obviously a dangerous one. The President of the US--the US, for god's sake--putting out hits on American citizens... clearly is an abuse of power and cannot stand.

And who's next? Suppose they decide you're up to some sort of terroristic or anti-American mischief. After you're gone, are we just to say, "Oh, well, who's to say ol' Physics Adept wasn't on jihad? Good job they happened to have that drone handy...."
edit on 10/26/2011 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I'm an American citizen. As American citizens,

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life__________

The very first right of being an American, has been taken away from this American Citizen, by the Government of the United States of America.

If the American of today was anything like the American of 177x, we would already be marching on the White House.

But let's chalk it up to "collateral damage" or "preventative measures", in a Sovereign independent country, that we are not at war with.

Wake the hell up America. It seems pretty "self-evident" to me.

Your Government is no longer acting in your best interests.

edit on 27-10-2011 by danj3ris because: spelling correction

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

We as Americans don't kill kids!

No, Americans sure don't.

More than 300,000 Iraqis were killed in the 43-day military war in 1991. Since then, more than one million people-mainly young children-have died as a direct result of the US-led blockade on this small country. The lack of food and medicine, along with the deteriorating sanitary conditions in Iraq, have caused far more harm and suffering than the military war itself-despite the use of more than 142,000 tons of bombs and 350 tons of depleted uranium shells during the bombing campaigns. From a legal perspective, the maritime blockade, coupled with the air blockade, amounts to an act of war, thereby making the economic sanctions a continuation of the war that supposedly ended in March 1991. What have been the effects of this continuing war, euphemistically referred to as sanctions, on the people of Iraq? Four million people, one-fifth of the population, are currently starving to death in Iraq (UN FAO report, 1995). The general human situation is deteriorating everyday, while the situation for women in Iraq is even more precarious. Up to 95% of all pregnant women in Iraq suffer from anemia, and thus will give birth to weak, malnourished infants. Most of these infants will either die before reaching the age of five due to the lack of food and basic medicines or will be permanently scarred, either physically or mentally. Furthermore, many mothers, due to their own weak bodies, are unable to breast-feed their children. Due to the runaway inflation caused by the blockade, these families lack the means to feed their children. The mothers often bring their children to the hospital to die. Every month in Iraq, according to the 1996 UNICEF report, more than 4,500 children under the age of five die from hunger. The children are the most vulnerable in this war. Twenty-three percent of all children in Iraq have stunted growth, approximately twice the percentage before the war. A 1995 FAO report Crop and Nutrition Status Assessment Mission states that child mortality level in Iraq has risen nearly fivefold since 1990. Alarming food shortages are causing irreparable damage to an entire generation of children. Due to the use of depleted uranium (a form of nuclear warfare) in the military campaign against the people of Iraq, there has been a dramatic increase in childhood cancers, particularly leukemia, Hodgkin's disease, and lymphomas. Congenital diseases and deformities in the fetuses-a condition similar to the babies of the Gulf War veterans-have also increased. Infant mortality in a child's first year is expected to reach an unprecedented 20%. More than 2 million children are starving to death in Iraq, and more than 1,500,000 orphans are crying out for help.

From here.

Apologies in advance if you were meaning, Americans shouldn't kill kids. The I completely agree with you.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Not to mention drone strikes that kill 50 people everyday in Somalia, Yemen and Pakistan.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Doves sure love to hear their own coos...

This kid's father was behind a large number of violent plots against the U.S., a number of which were attempted yet thwarted. He was the inspirational leader behind, and cheerleader for, at least one that killed multiple soldiers at an American military base inside the U.S. (remember that one?).

His 16 year old son, traveled to Yemen...and was hanging out with his dead father's henchmen. Either he was in the wrong place at the wrong time....when one of said henchmen was taken out by a drone strike...or he was in the place he chose to be in (just for him, at the wrong time).

These people (not all Muslims...before the howling begins) are trying to kill us. We are just killing them back.

This is a war. People get shot and blown up for being a combatant, or (sometimes) being in the vicinity of combatants. Court proceedings do not apply...and it drives me crazy that people keep saying, "the guy wasn't convicted in a court of law."

Ludicrous...and dangerous...thinking.

edit on 27-10-2011 by mobiusmale because: typos

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
"Yeah we killed a few children, but we got an "KEY" Al-Qaeda member."

Of course you #ing dip #s are gonna try to ease the mood with this bull#.
Sick of this media hope they all rot in hell.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The MSM in this case did not attempt to implement this young man as a terrorist. In fact they clearly stated that he was just a normal American kid, with normal American likes, normal American wants and normal American needs. He loved normal American TV and Normal American Music. All evidence is pointing to him being a normal American youth who until proven guilty in a court of law was completely innocent of any wrong doing.

From what I see he was just visiting his family in Yemen as many Americans do who have family living in other nations.

Regardless of what his family is involved in, did he deserve to die for their supposed affiliations? (I say supposed because there was never due process of law which as an American is a constitutional right.)

As an American I am outraged to see my own nation mindlessly kill an apparently innocent brother. Sure he was Islamic, but he was also an American first and foremost in this case, natural born with unalienable rights that he was entitled to the day he was born on our soil.. or so we are led to believe..

How can we stand for our own public servants (which they are essentially supposed to be) killing our own, let alone an innocent boy via an air strike from a military drone in a country we aren't even at war with!?!?!?!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

The kid probably had ties to terrorists (like I said I don't support the killing regardless of how guilty the kid might have been) and was planning something.

Do you know how much tax payers money we actually waste already overseas but bringing the convicted or non-convicted terrorists to international or US court will only add up to the amount for no reason. Imagine bringing every single convicted/unconvicted terrorist to justice through court trial overseas or in US. What a waste of TIME and MONEY it would be to US as tax payers.

The way I look at the entire thing is that if you're affiliated with the wrong/against the government(us or yemen or any other government in the world) crowd, certainly there will be implications. What was the kid doing in Yemen? I'm sure there are many valid and invalid reasons for him to be in Yemen. It might be also the case of sabotage on the part of the informer(possibly local yemen citizen or opposition party mole) who probably provided incorrect co-ordinates deliberately to the US to carry on a drone strike???

Such is the nature of politics and the cat and mouse game. Wrong place at the wrong time is what I think happened (though I'm very skeptical about the kid's intentions as generally the apple doesnt fall too far from the tree).

edit on 27-10-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

I understand what you are saying... However if these people are American citizens they have the Constitutional right to due process.. Even those convicted of treason have this right.. Even the Oklahoma city bomber had his day in court.

American citizens regardless of their crime have the right to remain silent, as anything they say can and will be used against them in a court of law. They have the right to an Attorney and if they cannot afford one then they shall have one appointed to them.

He has the right to a fair and speedy trial and is innocent until proven guilty.

Any exceptions to this rule are a breech of the United States Constitution.

The boy was not accused and charged with a crime and he was directly denied his right to a trial (let alone life) given to him by being a Natural Born United States Citizen. I do not care what he was affiliated with or planning to do.. The boy had rights and is innocent till proven guilty no exceptions..

A United States military drone killed an American Citizen who by legal definition was completely innocent inside of a nation who we are on peaceful terms with.

An Americans rights should never be considered a "waste of time/money"

And as to what he was doing in Yemen.. ummm he has family there... If you had family in Russia wouldn't you travel to see them if you could? or china? or Egypt? or anywhere else for that matter?
edit on 27-10-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by hp1229

edit on 27-10-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

I agree with your viewpoint. Its just that I dont think we have the complete story to be able to decide exactly what might have transpired. I also made a point about Drone Attacks are generally carried out on INTEL obtained from the field operators who could be a US soldier/special force or locals hired to do the same. Politics is not clean and Who knows someone possibly provided false intel? Can it be the case?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join