It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moammar Kadafi's family reportedly will sue NATO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Libyan authorities have said he likely died in crossfire. Others, including the international rights advocacy group Human Rights Watch, believe Kadafi was executed. But Kadafi’s family is convinced that he died as a result of NATO aircraft firing on his convoy as it fled Surt, Ceccaldi told AFP. "The willful killing [of someone protected by the Geneva Convention] is defined as a war crime by Article 8 of the ICC's Rome Statute," the news agency quoted Ceccaldi as saying. "Kadafi's homicide shows that the goal of [NATO] member states was not to protect civilians but to overthrow the regime.”

Link

What does everyone think of this?

I think the family have a point to be honest, if that is indeed how Kadafi was killed. I dont remember NATO having any kind of mandate that allowed them to wilfully kill Kadafi!

No sympathy from me for Kadafi of course, but international laws stand no matter who you are

Edit to add.
This all of course hangs on how Kadafi died in the first place, but I definitely remember the "convey being fired on" was the first version of the story that I heard, with the crossfire story coming much later
edit on 26-10-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The part about this I don't like, is that no one cares about the regular civilians or children that died.

Why are the Geneva Conventions only brought up when a 'leader' dies?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I would agree with you there, If there was a news article about one of the civilian families who lost relatives suing NATO I would much rather have posted that

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Sympathy to the people who are going to lose all the comforts that Kadafi offered to them.
Now they'll be a globalist shill of a country just like the rest of us
(admit it, you see it too)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
First of all I have said this in other threads but Gaddafi deserved a trial. Two wrongs do not make a right. Even Saddam got a trial. Not much of one but it was a trial and he was hung according to law.
Gaddafi was possibly sodomized, brutally beaten, shot several times and then his rotting body was placed on display. Nato didn't do any of the previous things. Nato did a strike on a very large convoy, but even the rebellion didn't know Gaddafi was in that convoy, until they got close enough.

Clearly things have happened here that were against international law.
Whomever is at fault needs to face the tribunals. But somehow western and euro leaders seem to be slippery --escaping any kind of of scrutiny for their illegal actions.
NATO needed to stay out period. But they want that oil and they do not want to pay in Gold...
the family will not succeed. the Hague will not care. TPTB have once again trashed a nation leaving nothing but the dead in it's wake.
DH

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Its pathetic, people really need to start getting the whole story, THE WHOLE STORY about everything, instead of just a manipulated quarter truth.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I still don't know how to feel about the death of this man, so I'm interested in all news that comes out about it. Thanks for sharing this.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This is is being discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The part about this I don't like, is that no one cares about the regular civilians or children that died.
Why are the Geneva Conventions only brought up when a 'leader' dies?

Not so...how many of the Bush posse are now watching their international travels.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Fair enough.

Seems open to me though

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Don't forget.

The daughter is a lawyer.

Ayesha Gaddafi (or Aisha, Arabic: عائشة القذافي‎, born in 1976) is a Libyan mediator and military official, former UN Goodwill Ambassador, and lawyer by profession. She is the daughter of former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi and his second wife Safia Farkash.[1][2][3]....

She trained with the Libyan military, earning the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. However, according to Libyan civilians, Gaddafi did not merit such a high rank and was afforded that honor solely because she is Gaddafi's daughter.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

The Colonel, whether dead or not, is/was a member of TPTB.

He needs his retirement check afterall

new topics

top topics

join