It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan filmmaker offers photo as proof of aliens, says Hawking agrees

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by saige45

The maya believe we are in the period referred to as "end of times" (according to them began in 2007) They say at some point within that period a pole shift will occur. We will go through a void(pure darkness) for 30 hours while this takes place.

The Maya say that it is not possible to predict when it will occur. but those who make it will ascend into a higher state of consciousness.

In order for this ascension to occur, we must merge our modern world with the preserved ancient ways and become one. We then can achieve unity consciousness.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by LightAssassin

Linky

I do not think this is proof of aliens in any way. Just because there are some old scupltures of different looking "hybrids", does not mean that aliens constructed or oversaw construction of the scuplter.

Humans are strange animals. We make crazy stuff all the time.

Take this for example.

This painting does not mean that we had people looking like that on Earth.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

reply to post by saige45

I'm looking forward to seeing what they will be presenting as proof. I've seen that image of the head a while back and included it in a video I made about "Ancient Man" for one of my threads.

I wish they'd release their presentation sooner rather than 2012. I guess all the hype and potential profits are just too much for some to ignore.

I feel the same way about Dr. Greer and the disclosure project. If they have proof positive, why drag it out? Hold a press conference, put it out there and move on.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Well, the "powers" that be aren't going to waste 70+ years of removing a belief in God and substituting the religion of extraterrestrials in to the minds of these past two generations.

As we see the purposeful tanking of our world economy and the more frequent comments from leaders regarding one world systems (see the Pope and Gorbachev comments this week), it appears they are right on track with their "solution"-

Consider carefully the comments made by this director over the past month:

Julia-Levy, for his part, talks about revealing Mayan knowledge of future catastrophes, and "SHOCKING" wisdom that will tell the world "this is what we have created on our planet, this is what's coming, and this is what WE CAN DO TO FIX IT"

This information has been protected for 80 years, and now it's important for people to understand the series of events that are coming, and the CONSEQUENCES for all of us."
mobile.reuters.com...

Raul-Julia claims there is proof that the Mayans had intended to lead the planet for thousands of years, but were forced to escape after an invasion by "men of DARK intentions," leaving behind evidence of an advanced race
And yes, they expect people to take this seriously, because the messages he plans to impart are CRUCIAL TO HUMAN SURVIVAL, Julia-Levy insisted.

He said the country was working with filmmakers "FOR THE GOOD OF MANKIND."
mobile.reuters.com...

Now, from my personal beliefs in God, I know the "power" behind this last ditch effort to create his own kingdom on this Earth. My God tells me this is Satan. But I don't think that one has to hold my personal belief system in order to understand the calculated - CREATE THE PROBLEMS, MOBILIZE THE REACTIONS, AND OFFER THE SOLUTIONS - method used by those "in charge".

Will "aliens" be used in a bluebeam style contact/attack or just to foster and support the belief that they are our Gods? Who knows. But all I can say is that the fear of earth changes, 2012, Mayan calendar, comets, economic collapses, social disorder, terrorism, Middle East wars etc are designed to put man on edge - both psychologically and physically. Only then can this "power" force through the changes that it desires to create utter control and worship from mankind. Rail-Levy is falling right in line with the plan - some sort of "solution" is right around the corner....

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by saige45

Complete and utter crap up to and including the unsourced quote from Hawking which, while not sounding like anything the man has ever said before, makes some great assumptions even for Hawking. Hawking didn't say that and any "involvement" in this movie will more than likely be a licensed clip of Hawking from something else, probably "Into the Universe".

And that statue, well crap, I guess Easter Island was home to aliens because those heads don't look like normal humans.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This line from the article is telling in my opinion:

The filmmakers behind "Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond," who said that their film will reveal evidence of contact between the Mayans and extraterrestrials, have now released to TheWrap what they claim is photographic evidence of a pre-Mayan, alien civilization.

Sounds like they're just trying to hype their upcoming film more than anything else.

According to the other thread that focused more on that photo of the Moai-like sculpture, the subject of the photo has reportedly been destroyed, used for target practice by rebels. Supposedly it was carved in sandstone, if that's the case then it couldn't have been very old at the time of the photo because sandstone weathers very quickly. The Easter Island Moai are believed to be roughly 1000 years old, so it's quite possible that the Guatemala carving could have been done in the 1800's or early 1900's by an artist who had seen drawings of the Easter Island Moai. I just don't see how they can build a case for ETs from this, they can't prove the age of the Guatemalan carving, they can't study it since it's been destroyed, and they can't track its history/ provenance.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by saige45

Complete and utter crap up to and including the unsourced quote from Hawking which, while not sounding like anything the man has ever said before, makes some great assumptions even for Hawking. Hawking didn't say that and any "involvement" in this movie will more than likely be a licensed clip of Hawking from something else, probably "Into the Universe".

And that statue, well crap, I guess Easter Island was home to aliens because those heads don't look like normal humans.

I for one think this is a nice find and in your opinion it is utter crap after looking though the threds you like to start it seems clear that you sir like to start a good rant and really have nothing good to say about anything. Why do you not put a decent argument together to debunk this thread or wait you have by using "crap"

And Sleep

good post S&F
edit on 27-10-2011 by judus because: spelling

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
I really don't get how the picture of a bust/statue is photographic proof of aliens?

For all we know the sculptor had no idea about ratios and just screwed up a massive statue.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I thought I would throw my 2 cents in...

Neat photo. I can't say why but my mind immediately tells me it is a fake. I have looked at the image very closely. It does seem apparent that the thing has been there for a long time, being covered somewhat by foliage and all.

But there is something about the design that throws it off. It looks very art deco to me, and representative of a lot of popular art of the time...

Please excuse the image quality. Don Blanding prints are hard to come by and I had to blow it up. I am not offering this as a debunk, I just wanted to offer some food for thought. So...

There were some other factors. I know that Coban is a long way from La Democracia, Guatemala. But there was a large influx of Germans there (Coban) at the turn of the century. I bring this up because that would provide a European influence in the area if it were a hoax. See, it was found on the 'Beiner' property. Beiner is a really common German name throughout Guatemala. So the photograph was taken at the Beiner farm and that was the only real knowledge that Padilla had of the thing...

Padilla was a doctor of philosophy, as well as a lawyer and notary

– though many seem to mainly define him as a man interested in UFOs.

With this known interest in the mysterious, on August 16, 1986, he received a photograph of a monolith located somewhere in the jungles of Guatemala. The photograph was taken in the 1950s by the owner of the land where the huge stone sculpture was located, but as he had died, Padilla had been unable to determine the exact location.

www.philipcoppens.com...

That type of thing generally does not float at ATS, but let's see...

What should have been a joyous occassion, was one of despair. Padilla said that the statue had been destroyed:

“It was destroyed by revolutionaries about ten years ago. We had located the statue too late. It was used as target practice by anti-government rebels. This totally disfigured it, sort of like the way the Sphinx in Egypt had its nose shot off by the Turks, only worse.”

The eyes, nose and mouth had completely gone. No doubt, the fact that the head had been carved from soft sandstone did not help; it had helped to make this face very smooth, but also very brittle.

www.philipcoppens.com...

I thought he said he couldn't find it? So the destruction of the thing is hearsay as well? Good thing Padilla had that handy tale-of-old concerning Napoleon's troops in Aegypt.

So the 'rebels' shot it up so bad it returned to dust? The pedestal is gone too? No big chunks of left over rubble that could be identified as having belonged to "the head'? Even if they could locate the Beiner property to confirm the things destruction.

I know that it is a big rock that should be hard to hoax but I smell a hoax.

Maybe I have just been hanging around here too long.

P.S. Also, did you mean that he is a film maker making films about the Maya? Or did you mean that the film maker is Mayan? Thanks.
edit on 27-10-2011 by Frater210 because: ?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

lets get real, the guy in the picture is doing the worm. clearly he is a mayian dance party of sorts

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

You bring up some very valid points. And as I stated, they propose that the bust has/had no features that are related to the native inhabitants of the region. However, since the bust was made of sandstone (possibly???), it is very easy to point out that weathering could have worn away those features. I for one, don't see anything *alien* about the bust, it looks like a normal human.

Also to answer your questions at the end, I believe that this is a producer/director hired by the Mexican government to make the film but not a Mayan himself.

Ancient history is so fascinating because so much is unknown. How did these giant statues and buildings get created. Could they be extreme examples of the ingenuity (and possible cruelty) of man? Or could they be examples of proof that the earth has had encounters with beings from other worlds/other dimensions?

The easy road is to say that it would have been impossible for man to construct such objects without assistance. I for one, believe that that assistance was nothing more than our own ingenuity.

I, for one, wish I could have been there to witness the construction of these objects and others from around the world.

-saige-

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

reply to post by LightAssassin

Linky

This is the face on mars.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by belsoember

Unfortunately, the face on Mar's was nothing more than a trick of light and shadows on a rock formation. It was not an actual face.

Source

-saige-
edit on 28-10-2011 by saige45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Man - that guy looks EXACTLY like my Uncle Romanski! And that's his car too! he had a statue made of himself, that's it. He always was a sort of egotistical jerk. The vines are a nice touch...

I still don't get what is so Alien-ish about this...

Oh well, back to looking for Jesus in my toast...

edit on 10/28/2011 by Outrageo because:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

reply to post by ELahrairah

Separating ET from a real historically known and now confirmed destroyed artifact is hard considering this source. I was more interested in what "Evidence" they are going to release. Chances are it could be some previously unknown discoveries.

Slayer, why are the chances are, rather than they will release some total crap with no facts behind them?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

According to Meija, "The creative style is not consistent with the civilizations that inhabited the southern coast of Guatemala prior to the arrival of the Spaniards ... It is indisputably pre-Olmec and pre-Maya ... [O]ne can assign an age between 3,500 and 5,000 BC."

They must know something that we don't. I can't believe the statue has been hidden in the US.

i think that statue is awesome! It's pre-hispanic and according to our own history, the Olmecs were the oldest race of beings-before the Mayans.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onboard2

. I can't believe the statue has been hidden in the US.

Say what??
Tell me I'm totally missing something here. Since when is Guatemala in the US??...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
first of all stephen hawking is just a man with an opinion just like the rest of us, i mean why does he or anyone else think they know how an et thinks? no one knows how an et thinks, also europeans were not superior to americans they just had better weapons and evil intent which is par for the course for human beings

second of all wheres the sculpture at today? why is it always some stupid picture and no physical evidence? and it looks like a european face to me not some superior alien race, and wheres all this great knowledge at? to me thats the type of thing they should have been "seeding" to the world instead of little trinkets but then again you can tell humans how to act and they still wont listen so good luck with that

i had my hopes up that they had some great evidence hidden away like maybe a dead alien or a flying saucer debris or some other alien technology or maybe video or film of et contact but it doesnt seem like anything other than more speculation, now if the u.s. opens up its vaults youll truly be amazed

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
let us not forget,

MOUNT RUSHMORE was carved with good old fashioned dynamite and chisels.

and So was this, come on guys. Aliens coming here from unimaginable distances, to have us.. Carve Faces of Ourselves?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
The image has a fake feel to it, for sure.

I first saw it in Lost Cities of Central & North America (1992) by David Hatcher Childress, (on page 87). According to Mr. Childress, the photo was originally published in the Ancient Astronaut Society newsletter. That's von Daniken's crew - I figure they'd publish it even if they knew it might be faked.

The placing of the car seems staged to me, as if they are trying to prove the age of the photo, to make it more authentic.

Ultimately, I can't believe Julia-Levy - he's been hyping this doco for a long time and hasn't even started filming it - that he found this photo through his special connections, and not online and in books like the rest of us.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join