It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Die, Facebook, Die

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by naught
People are desperate to become robots. When they can implant FB direct into the brain, people will line up for miles and beg for it. That sounds crazy now. About as crazy as giving up personal privacy would have sounded 15 years ago before everyone lost their freaking minds and stopped caring.

When people realize how much this is destroying socitey it will be far too late. I had a hard enough time understanding humanity... FB culture has about made me want to give up entirely.

I don't claim to know exactly what "normal" is... but I sure as hell don't think its being updated every second on every detail of the lives of everyone you've ever met.

Right on! That's what I'm talkin' about!

This is the new normal? Why is this acceptable?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

OK Have to join in here, my16 yro son was invited to halloween party over weekend, mostlty girls from his class, they played truth or dare to which he refused to kiss anyone because of his relationship.

Anyway, the following day his GF breaks up with him from what she hears and I guess reads on FB.

My son then gets so bummed out he says on his FB page he is so bummed he could kill himself...

OH BOY Community alert goes out.

The school then proceeds to call everyone in the family including my ex who I don't even speak with at present...

I didn't even know!

I spoke with the school counselor yesterday and straightened it out I think...

This is a huge befungle because of him venting to hid friends on FB!!!

Now I have to go in today and have a meeting... arggg!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
FACEBOOK has turned into a kids website

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The internet is like a truck stop at 3am, you never know who you'll run into.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
If you want to make lots of money create a site like MySpace/FaceBook......but for military Veterans.

Call it VetSpace or something. All the military veterans able to say how bad Veterans Affairs is....

I bet $5 Obama would hand you a National Security Letter to shut it down as its a "Gripe Site".......

But the Fed's aren't shutting those sites down because foreign Ops could use them to infiltrate or influence America....threaten National Security.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join