It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 Things Libya Will Never See Again (Crazy Stuff)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Source

1. There is no electricity bill in Libya; electricity is free for all its citizens.

2. There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at zero percent interest by law.

3. Having a home [is] considered a human right in Libya.

4. All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 dinar (U.S.$50,000) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family.

5. Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25 percent of Libyans were literate. Today, the figure is 83 percent.

6. Should Libyans want to take up [a] farming career, they would receive farming land, a farm house, equipment, seeds and livestock to kickstart their farms are all for free.

7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need, the government funds them to go abroad, for it is not only paid for, but they get a U.S.$2,300/month for accommodation and car allowance.

8. If a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidizes 50 percent of the price.

9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0.14 per liter.

10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves amounting to $150 billion are now frozen globally.

11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession, as if he or she is employed, until employment is found.

12. A portion of every Libyan oil sale is credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.

13. A mother who gives birth to a child receives U.S.$5,000.

14. 40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $0.15.

15. 25 percent of Libyans have a university degree.

16. Gaddafi carried out the world's largest irrigation project, known as the Great Manmade River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country.

I am posting the whole 16 points because these are some crazy things. If a mod feels it is too big, feel free to shorten, but I feel the whole thing is necessary.

No wonder why we went into Libya, these things where you take care of citizens cannot be tolerated. Why would the US ever want a country to take care of it citizens?

I was almost blown away when I read this and I am still in dismay about it.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

Here's a video about the same thing.

edit on 26-10-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
wow if i were a libyan id have so much hate with changing these amazing things, they are going to be raped for taxes soon like all countries invaded
edit on 26-10-2011 by thegoods724 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The MSM at it's finest? Seems fitting to disclose all this after his death. I'm sure it could have been researched but who wants to take the time anymore?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
All of which were bribes paid by Gaddafi to those chosen Libyans, so he could retain power for 42 years. If you were a friend you got rewarded but if you opposed Gaddafi you were imprisoned or killed.

Not a bad way to rule for a despot - nationalize the oil industry, retain all profits for yourself and dole them out as trinkets to keep the populace on your side, like a Roman emperor.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I think the biggest thing they missed off what Libya will never have again is "PEACE", sorry for the caps, but it is so true, i am saddened for the people of that country for what they have let themselves in for, they will regret it forever, i think they will find the old system was far superior to what they are about to get.

Why arent the west honest enough to state that there is a war on islam?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

So something posted on an arbitrary site by a user named "Saya" offering no other credible source of this "list" is worth posting as indisputable fact? (please correct me if I'm wrong and point me to the credible source)

Have you considered that this may be propaganda in order to influence public opinion?

Don't get me wrong, I'm open minded to the possibilities that these things are possibly true but I'm not buying this one.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
SON OF A BITCH!

Recalcitrant countries!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by brianmg5

www.kaleo.org...

Although he was commonly known as Colonel Gadhafi, Gadhafi was in actuality only a lieutenant in the Libyan Army in 1969, when he led a bloodless coup against the ruling government of then King Idris. One of the first promises Gadhafi made upon the founding of the Libyan Arab Republic was to guarantee that each and every Libyan would own a home. Housing was a Libyan's right, and no longer just a luxury for the few.

Gadhafi was serious about this promise. Gadhafi stated that every Libyan would be properly housed, and that his own parents would be the final people in the country to receive their home. Sadly, his parents passed away before this promise could be fulfilled. One vehicle per household was another objective proposed by Gadhafi. This goal is achievable for Libya, considering the fact that the average price of gasoline per gallon is 65 cents, and an average Libyan household income is above $14,000 annually. For many years now, Libya has enjoyed the highest standard of living on the African continent.

Furthermore, the literacy rate in Libya rose from 10 percent to over 90 percent during Gadhafi's time in power. Equal rights were established for women and black Africans, and a generous welfare system was implemented that allowed citizens access to free healthcare and education. Libyans who married were given a $50,000 gift by the government to help start their household. Libya's vast natural resources were entirely nationalized, and Gadhafi was able to fund his massive social projects with money earned from oil production and similar sources. Gadhafi allocated massive resources to the highly ambitious Great Manmade River project, which connected nearly all of Libya's cities deep in the Sahara Desert with fresh drinking water.

Very easy things to prove from verifiable sources, now that he's dead.

Pred...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
They certainly wont have any of that if the Europeans have there way. I think they were just jealous that someone could run a country better than the entire European Union is run, and of course 150 billion to pillage aswell

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Interesting stuff! Although I don't think i can forgive the Libyans for what they did to Mickey Rourke..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Didn't Libyans shoot Dr. Emmet Brown in back to the future?
Anyway, yea, no wonder they had to kill him.
What if Americans figured out that they dont have to live like overworked, underpaid whores.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
And they killed their leader talk about shooting themselves in the foot.

Except it was in the head.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I call this list nothing more than dictator propaganda.

While some of it may be true, or at least "true" to the point where this is what Gaddafi said his people are entitled to, I highly doubt every citizen of Libya received these benefits.

It is possible to say that NATO and the US should have stayed the heck out of Libya's business while still not glorifying the now late dictator.

Think about thiis:
If things were SO great in Libya, what the heck were the million+ people protesting? Don't tell me they were all actors / actresses paid by the US because that is utter crap. We may have started the spark, but we certainly didn't set the whole thing ablaze. Nope, those were Libyans, out in the street, wanting change.

Now it is beginning to seem as if they were not chanting for Democracy, but rather for Islamic Rule, but nonetheless it is their choice.

Further, while "getting a salary after graduation until employment is found" sounds like a good thing -- give me a break. How fast do you think you were "told" what your job was going to be and what would happen if you didn't fulfill your duties.

This is how dictators get power, but eventually lose it. The "bribes" sound good until you figure out that all you are really doing is selling your soul, your mind, and your freedom for a price. A fixed price I might add -- decided by none other than the dictator himself.

Did Gaddafi accomplish anything good in Libya? Of course.
But the same can be said for every crappy leader everywhere.

Edit to add:
How quickly people forget that it was Gaddafi shooting his own citizens, which because they were against him, he called traitors and rats.

He may have taken office via a bloodless coup, but he certainly was opposed to going out that way.
edit on 26-10-2011 by lpowell0627 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Wasnt it just a few people on pickup trucks fighting against Kaddaffi?
Werent thre protests sparce and probably funded by the west?
Wasnt the US in the middle of selling Libya APC's before the bombing?
Didn't Goldman Sachs rob Libya of $50 BILLION before the bombing?
Also, werent they just getting crushed until NATO started bombing the crap out of Libya
edit on 26-10-2011 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Yeah but come on. The Libyan peoples lives are about to improve BIG time with McDonald's and Starbuck's on every street.

Housing or Big Mac? I know which one I would chose!!

Also Rothschild's Banking system will no doubt be introduced. Yeah, citizens can still have a home a car and a Big Mac. Unfortunately they will be in debt up to their eyeballs, but hey, welcome to Western style of life.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Huge pro Ghadafi rally.

Is this propaganda?

Pred...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen

Wasnt it just a few people on pickup trucks fighting against Kaddaffi?
Werent thre protests sparce and probably funded by the west?
Wasnt the US in the middle of selling Libya APC's before the bombing?
Didn't Goldman Sachs rob Libya of $50 BILLION before the bombing?
Also, werent they just getting crushed until NATO started bombing the crap out of Libya
edit on 26-10-2011 by dashen because: (no reason given)

I am only going to respond to your last question because I am on my phone and I need stats to back me up. I will come back when I am on my computer.

As for getting crushed. Of course they were! Because Gaddafi ordered his heavily and expensively equipped military to shoot, bomb, and blow up his own citizens! The citizens meanwhile had the equivalent of BB guns. Is that right? Are those citizens not entitled to their opinions because they aren't militarily trained? Their weapons weren't big enough to fight, so they should have just given up? Boy, are we going to be in a mess in the US with that mindset.

Further, had you read what I wrote, I never thought NATO should have gotten involved other than removing all aide and trade until the conflict was resolved. I understand oil would be a problem, but that doesn't make dropping bombs justified.

I get really ticked off when people start clamoring on about the wonderful leader Gaddafi was without so much a mention of the fact that Gaddafi ordered his military to murder these protesting citizens because they were "treacherous rats" because they wanted to deviate from his agenda. They wanted an election and he refused this. How is that best for Libyans? If he was so beloved, wouldn't he win by a landslide anyway?

edit on 26-10-2011 by lpowell0627 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'm going to wait until I hear from our Libyan ATS members before giving consideration to that list. They ARE allowed internet access, right?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Ill be honest, I didn't know much at all about these 16 things...but wow, just wow!

The video was actually inspiring to me. Gave me the feeling of what it should be like when a leader does right by his people. Everyone displays their gratitude so openly it is a very awesome video!

Thanks S+F

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
but if you opposed Gaddafi you were imprisoned or killed.

You mean like Waco?

Or the Pittsburgh house bombing?

Or this?

I think maybe our government is worse if you oppose it. We have the worlds largest prison poulation, we are the ones that have storm trooped three countries for no real reason.

edit on 26-10-2011 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join