It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message to Those That Would Destroy OWS...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
You know who you are, you know what I'm talking about, BUT you don't know anything of what you're doing and/or maybe just don't care.

We see you on camera trying to instill violence because you want a little excitement in your life. We see you beating your drums and blowing your pipes because you want to be seen and heard. You need to be the center of attention and you just love that camera and your little on-the-spot chant, don't you?

While the legitimate protesters are trying to get a message across in a peaceful way, you are stealing the limelight by smashing windows, lighting fires, destroying public property and so forth. Do you really think this does anything for the cause? The only thing you are accomplishing is turning public opinion against the entire movement. And guess what? You will lose as we all will.

Most of you are young and just want to be in the middle of something that you have no idea about. Be careful because you may get your wish.

These people are standing up for their houses, you probably don't even own one yet.

They are standing against banks and many of you probably don't have an account.

They are standing up for their privacy that they once had and have lost.

They are standing against an oncoming police state that you are enabling with your violent and reckless actions on the street. Do you even see this? Do you see your actions justifying theirs?

They are standing against corrupt Governments, Corporations, Unemployment, Taxes, Politicians and US Military intervention on a Global scale...just to name a few while you are on camera, skateboarding down the street and running into banks to throw deposit slips into the air...What do you think this will accomplish? It's a joke and embarrassing.

Want to make a difference? Slow down, talk to someone that knows why they are there and stand resolute without the destruction and violence. If it comes to that end and it was initiated by the uniforms on the other side of the rope, then it's time to fight. Until then, stand down and let them make the first move. People will see, the cameras will see. Then and only then will you be in the right and have the support of millions.

Until then, many are just shaking their heads in embarrassment and sadness with a sense of the message being distorted by actions that are playing into the hands of those that would oppose us.

Do it right, you won't have a second chance.

I guess this was kind of a rant but...

Idiot Provocateur At OWS Toronto

Occupy Rome

Peace
edit on 26-10-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
"smashing windows, lighting fires, destroying public property and so forth. "

where exactly has this happened?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
So what is a legitimate protestor and what is not?

I think your all illegitimate because you have no specific purpose or goals and you wonder why your movement is falling apart.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
"smashing windows, lighting fires, destroying public property and so forth. "

where exactly has this happened?

Just a sample here. And It's only going to get worse. Where do people think this will lead?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It will lead to martial law, no brainer.

But my question is what are those of you in different countries protesting exactly? Wall Street or the United States or capitalisms in general.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
So what is a legitimate protestor and what is not?

I think your all illegitimate because you have no specific purpose or goals and you wonder why your movement is falling apart.

The intent is just. It's the message that is being distorted.

But think about the last 4 years and that pretty much sums up what people are angry about.

So many threads, so little time.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You don't have to tell me, I've been living it. But again whats the message? Don't show me the declaration of OWS, most of which has nothing to do with Wall Street.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

But my question is what are those of you in different countries protesting exactly? Wall Street or the United States or capitalisms in general.

Good question and I believe that the World being so interwoven makes everyone's concerns and problems the same. It's just spreading across the globe.

TPTB have no borders.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

where is the fires , window smashing and public propperty being destroyed in the OWS movement.

You have shown an isolated riot from oct 15th in Italy? what has this got to do with the OWS movement?

there has been riots kicking off in several european countries for months especially greece, that have nothing to do with OWS?

link   

reply to post by jude11

You don't have to tell me, I've been living it. But again whats the message? Don't show me the declaration of OWS, most of which has nothing to do with Wall Street.

My point exactly....If people would just slow down and think, reorganize and approach this thing rationally, they might have a chance. Until then, it's Martial Law coming down the line.

link   
reply to post by jude11

Yes they do, its called the United States and Israel.

TPTB are using OWS. Your message is lost.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

the protests/riots in europe are due to severe austerity measures, cuts tax increases and nobody has any money left. this is seperate from the OWS movements springing up now.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Corporate money in politics
Corporate tax breaks and loopholes.
End the wars.
End the fed.

They all fall under the same umbrella now, those are four reasons people are protesting. Look it all up and you'll figure out that all of those things are here to screw us.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I am not talking about those, they have been going on for quite some time now.

I am talking about Occupy Melbourne and Occupy Toronto to name a few.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

So it's ok when Unions make political contributions but not corporations.

I don't think I understand, why the double standard?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Does anybody else find it suspicious that these 'random' trouble makers seem to have a sense of immunity to suffering any true penalities from their overt anarchist spectacles?

Don't you find it amusing that the security people never had the guy take of his mouth mask, not even once?

Who are these people who are so secure and know they won't get in trouble for acting like this in public?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

Not at all, those who organized OWS want martial law.

That is and always has been the only goal.

link   
I love this. I think I have found a new power supply. If we could hook up a generator to the OWS spin, we could power a small town.

Get real. There is no organized attempt to discredit OWS. There is no need to do it. It will self destruct on it's own. Every time something negative happens at any of these protests, the people involved are "agent provocateurs", "agents of the powers that be" or paid for by the "greedy bankers". You give yourselves too much credit.

One thing though. I would like to know when the IRS is going to investigate where OWS got that $500,000 bank balance an why they haven't paid any taxes on it?

link   
Now you've got ACORN to worry about as well as Lisa Fithian, a well known trouble maker. Arrest rates always increase when she comes around.

Lisa Fithian–the radical organizer whose role in Occupy was first exposed at Big Government–has apparently confirmed that ACORN-linked organizations are leading the Occupy movement’s next major protest action against banks nationwide.

Fox News reported earlier today that remnants of ACORN (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now), the radical community organizing group that collapsed after its corruption was exposed by Big Government, are playing a “behind the scenes” role in organizing the Occupy Wall Street demonstrations.

The Fox News investigation followed Matthew Vadum’s report two weeks ago at Big Government that ACORN was paying people to attend the Occupy Wall Street protests in New York through the Working Families Party, an ACORN front group.

Now, Big Government has learned that in an email (below) sent by Fithian to Occupy organizers and supporters on October 22, 2011, she reported that the “New Bottom Line”–an effort to move as much money out of major banks as possible on November 5th–is being led by several ACORN-linked organizations: “National People’s Action, National Pico Network, and Alliance for Just and Sustainable Economy and other key state groups like ACCE in CA, NYCC in NY, or MORE in St. Louis.”

The involvement of ACORN’s successors in the Occupy movement is yet another sign of the true, radical nature of the demonstrations.

Given President Barack Obama’s past links to ACORN, the fact that ACORN is playing so large a role in continuing Occupy protests raises questions about whether Occupy enjoys a level of political protection far higher than the local politicians who recently pressured the owners of Zuccotti Park not to clear out the demonstrators.

biggovernment.com... /#more-360464

The average person that once saw the reasoning behind this movement will see what has happened and run as fast as they can from it. I watched some videos from Oakland and I clearly saw the mob mentality kicking in with the passing of every creepy drum beat from the crowd. It's chilling. I remember the soccer riots of the 80's, so watch out when the group think mentality takes over. All bets are off.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The thing I am suprised about is how little violence and vandalism there has been considering how long its been going on and in how many places and countries.

On the other hand I am not suprised that there are a number of threads appearing on ATS now that are pointing the finger at the protestors.

There are some people that are afraid of real change and other people that are simply shills who support the current corrupt and unfair system loaded in favour of the banksters and government.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join