It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEgative parenting=negative children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
www.livescience.com...

I have to call B S on this research. I have my own research, live real humans and I can tell you this is BS.

My kids didn't grow up negatively but they have all gone through phases of EXTREME negative behavior. Some where easy happy babies some were total PITA babies. All of them had ups and downs and it didn't matter what I did. They go in and out of those loops. Some months they are angels some years they are devils. Ages and stages. I believe genetics plays a huge role in behavior. Hence the reason some kids can get abused and beat all day and be as passive as a flower, vs some kids that get abused and lash out like a viper. Genetics determine how someone will react to environment. If the parent is negative in there behavior it makes sense that their kids would have a propensity to behave the same.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This study isn't saying there aren't organic occurrences of "negative kids."

It's saying that negative parenting promotes it.

I agree 100% with the study. Act aggressively or violently toward your kids and they will mimic the behavior. This isn't to say that you are guaranteed to end up with sweet little angels if you treat them with kindness and patience.

It's just like smoking.. It will definitely increase your chances of various types of cancers - but not smoking is no guarantee that you won't get cancer.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
There are so many X factors when it comes to "negativity" in people, adults & kids. To call out one of them as being a main cause is inaccurate. Diets, culture, the economy, medications, so many things contribute to behaviors and the general actions of people.

new topics

join