It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is Just For Those Who Oppose The OWS Protest!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
I'm so tired of hearing people whining about how much they don't like OWS and the protesters.

If you don't like what they're doing and don't want to participate, then find a way of contributing in your own way.

I am, by educating the "dirty hippies" (your words)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GringoViejo

It seems as though you're having reading comprehension problems.
I used those words in quotes because that's what I keep hearing the OWS opposers calling the protesters.

Go back and read my ENTIRE post and actually read the link I posted to. I'm trying to educate and get people thinking creatively about how they can help if they don't want to join the protesters. From what you wrote, all you're doing is condemning those who are trying to inspire creative actions and NOT teaching anything.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

It seems as though you're having reading comprehension problems.
I used those words in quotes because that's what I keep hearing the OWS opposers calling the protesters.

Go back and read my ENTIRE post and actually read the link I posted to. I'm trying to educate and get people thinking creatively about how they can help if they don't want to join the protesters. From what you wrote, all you're doing is condemning those who are trying to inspire creative actions and NOT teaching anything.

You used the same words, whether or not you used quotes or not. Quotes don't mean that somehow you didn't type them. What you're getting at is that it doesn't reflect your feelings towards the protesters. Who's reading comprehension is suspect?

I did read your ENTIRE post, nothing jumped out as groundbreaking. In fact, you're a little late to the game like most of the protesters, I have never used a credit card, I'd rather not pay more than the price of the item for the item. I'm sorry if you just realized the corruption of credit card companies, but some of us have been speaking out against them for ages.

And you're right, I may not be teaching some people, but you can't teach those who aren't willing to learn. I can't force people to realize they are only protesting a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself. I can't force people to understand individual rights. But i can put the information out there. Then again, there are also like minded individuals here that don't need the education, and are trying to pay it forward just like me. Or I like them, who knows.
edit on 3-11-2011 by GringoViejo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

You found it pertinent to copy my entire quote?

You are nothing more than someone who enjoys arguing. You assume a lot about people and think you're correct in your thinking. I won't waste my time trying to show you how wrong you are about me.
Have fun trying to find someone else to nit pick since your educational technique needs some tweaking.
Have a great day.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

How rich....

The protestors don't want to be protested, so to speak.

That is funny.

Along the same lines as the Liberal Mantra of "Be open Minded" except to opposing view points, "Be Excepting" except to Conservative views and so on.

I revert back to the inherent war cry of OWS "Join us, or die".

And I thought OWS was peaceful?
www.theblaze.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.theblaze.com...
www.theblaze.com...
www.theblaze.com...

Or just against greedy banks?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.theblaze.com...

Or just wanted Jobs?
www.theblaze.com...

Or was for acceptance?
www.theblaze.com...

Or like you and me?
www.theblaze.com...

OWS's actions? One step closer to Marshall Law for those cities.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I'm not protesting the protesters, genius.
I already stated that I'm unable to join them, but I've taken it upon myself to fight the bank in my own way on my own terms. I've also submitted other ideas that coincide with the spirit of pushing back against the beast.

Besides advocating doing nothing, what else do you suggest the protesters do?
They're obviously doing what they feel in their soul to be the right thing to do, so who are you to tell them to stop? Granted, some of the people involved in the protests have their own convoluted agenda, but at least they're not telling people to go home and do nothing.

What is your suggestion to bringing down the beast?
edit on 3-11-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Ah, the old 60s and 70s thing of "If it feels good, do it". In reference to doing what they feel in their soul.
My suggestion for OWS is basically discarded.
Occupy Govt.

The retort is always "Well, the Banks control the Govt".

Ok then, sure sure.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

How do you suggest that the public Occupy Government?
It's already been discussed about people surrounding the White House, but I have no idea why it hasn't happened yet. Frankly, I'm surprised it hasn't. I'm surprised that people aren't already camped out in front of the White House, the Pentagon, etc. I would if I could.

There is so much corruption to protest, how can we possibly be everywhere? At least the protesters in the parks are getting the attention for the entire cause. As soon as they're disbanded and forced to move on, they need to move on to surrounding government buildings.

What I'm most surprised about is that people have not attempted to Occupy Monsanto. Unless it was attempted and brought down so quickly that nobody ever got to hear about it, this needs to happen. They have way too many government contracts and evil practices to be forgotten in all of this mess.

Edit to Add: I would never advocate a "if it feels good, do it" mantra. I stay as far away from a hedonistic mentality as possible. Protesting is a far cry from hedonism. If anything, the government and banks are the ones with a hedonistic mentality and do whatever they want because it makes THEM feel good.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

You found it pertinent to copy my entire quote?

Have a problem?

You are nothing more than someone who enjoys arguing. You assume a lot about people and think you're correct in your thinking.

An assumption followed by the accusation of assumption. Thanks for the laugh.

I won't waste my time trying to show you how wrong you are about me.

Oh really?

Have fun trying to find someone else to nit pick since your educational technique needs some tweaking.
Care to elaborate?

Have a great day.

You too

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Have a problem?

I don't have a problem, but being a member of ATS, it bothers me when others violate the T&Cs.
Quoting many lines of text is doing exactly that. Especially when referencing the post directly before yours.
Have a great day!

Edit to Add: Thanks for demonstrating the fact that you enjoy arguing with people. Your post was so off topic, I hope it's removed. You added nothing to this thread. Your entire post is petty and baseless.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Have a problem?

I don't have a problem, but being a member of ATS, it bothers me when others violate the T&Cs.

Then report it. Going off topic is against the T&Cs too. So you're obviously selective on which terms and/or conditions you deem worthy of following.

Have a great day!

You too

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Edit to Add: Thanks for demonstrating the fact that you enjoy arguing with people. Your post was so off topic, I hope it's removed. You added nothing to this thread. Your entire post is petty and baseless.

More irony

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I just went through many of your posts in other threads, especially the Oakland one, and you do seem to enjoy bantering and throwing other people's words back at them.
Poor debate strategy.

So, let's start over.
You obviously don't like the protesters and feel as though they're getting nowhere with their demonstrations.
What do you suggest they do (in as much detail as possible)?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Au contraire, if you can expose someone's fallacious thinking using their own words it only shows how weak the argument was to begin with. But I'm not saying I'm completely innocent of trolling either, I've taken my fair share of cheap shots.

Another misconception is that I don't "like" them. If there is a group of protesters I actually don't like, its the ones here in Seattle and the ones we hear about that are taking part in illegal activities and generally being a nuisance to other, average people that might be in the same boat as them for all they know.

But to start, we have a few options. None of which involve direct action on wall street, but would end up affecting wall street for the better.

We could start with term limits on the house, senate, and president. My vote would be for one term each, but I'm not sold on how many yet. So much time and money is wasted on politicians campaigning when we could be focusing that attention on actual issues and problems. This way the only people we have campaigning for election one time, and they'll have to stand on their record instead of their celebrity status.

This alone wouldn't stop the funneling of money from big business into politics. So in the same vein as term limits, we should limit the amount of money each candidate can receive. Level the playing field. A minor plus that we'd get from this is that we would be able to see which candidates are responsible enough to run a successful campaign with the money they do get, which can't hurt when trying to decide who you should elect to take over some of the biggest responsibilities in the country.

After that, we still aren't completely safeguarded, and probably never will be, against an inefficient or corrupt government. So at least on a local level, i think there should be a way to vote on which issues should take precedent over others. An example would be; Should we hold a special session to try and solve the problem of HGH in professional baseball, or would that time be better spent on balancing the budget, or demanding accountability from business' with unethical practices, and investigating/punishing ones that are flat out breaking the law. Admittedly, I don't know how logistics would work for this idea, but I think its worth discussing.

We could disallow congress to give themselves raises, and scale back the pay from the hundred thousand or so a year it is currently. Any petty cash they get, or comps, perks, etc should go out the window too. Holding office shouldn't be a sign that you've "made it", but that you are here to try and make things better.

Of course none of these can happen overnight, which is why I advocate protesting in DC, in state capitals, on courthouse steps. This is why I advocate attacking the source of the problem. I, and many like me, have been fighting for these types of things for years. This is why if a movement as big as OWS targeted these problems I would be right there alongside them. Until then I'll have to keep writing my representatives, going to my town halls, voting for more than once every four years.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I like what you're saying and unfortunately you're speaking a foreign language to the diehard OWS crowd. For God knows why, they are hung up on big bad evil companies and have now intent on bringing their grab bag of concerns to DC where they could potentially have the largest impact. They would rather nit pick and needle from the comfort of their own cities falsely targeting Whole Foods in Oakland and going for a Citizens arrest of a CEO in Seattle.

They are totally misguided and cannot see the reality of the our nations trouble. The writing was on the wall when Barney Frank and Chuck Rangel gave their glowing support to OWS and they still couldn't see it.

It's quite frustrating and probably one of the main reasons why their support is dwindling (Oakland certainly didn't help either). It's tough to back a group who lacks a clear message or a basic set of goals. We're into month 2 now and nothing productive has come from anything. To them, victory simply means staying another night in squalor and sticking it to "the man" for one more day. They could get every wish granted on a silver plate and it still wouldn't matter.

They will walk away with nothing...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

That's why I can't even comprehend why they don't want to get political. If they focused their efforts on government they would actually be on the road to progress.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

I like what you're saying and unfortunately you're speaking a foreign language to the diehard OWS crowd. For God knows why, they are hung up on big bad evil companies

Well, it's funny to me that SOME people continue to support large companies. Large companies have been making record breaking gains, yet, guess what......THEY ARE STILL NOT HIRING PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scratches head. Gee, I wonder why they are "hung" up on protesting, as jibeho so eloquently says it, "on big bad evil companies."

edit on 5-11-2011 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Yeah, when they protest anything Democrat or Liberal, maybe I will give them a second look.
Until then, enjoy the cold weather.
www.theblaze.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join