It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FINAL INSULT! Army claws back wages of dead hero

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
1st of all I am disgusted by what actions were taken by the MOD. This Gentleman served his country and they take money back off him. OKs although they have apologized for the stress caused to his family. They still want the money back?

I am writing to my MP, Letting him know my disgust at the way the MOD treats our armed men and women.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Well think about it this way. If he were working a regular nine to five and he died halfway through the pay period, would you expect to get an entire pay period worth of money for him? No. Its really that simple. And even more than that this guy probably had some sort of life insurance. Why the outrage? He was working a job, knew the risks, and died before the completion of the pay period. End of story.

As I said.. If it's just about the money then they could take it by deducting it from any compensation or whatever.
To actually send the family of this dead man a letter, asking for the money back... is the shocking part.

And I actually think it's just as shocking to even ask for the money.

The guy died doing a job for the government... It's £400..... why even ask for it, FFS.

Just leave the family alone.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
But did the MP's pay back there expense's? Hahaha are you having a giraffe?
Class system strikes again.

On topic though, this is disgusting. It really isnt about the money, truly about the principle.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

If he is under contract with that company, and if his death occurred due to no fault of his own. And if say it was your company. And you wanted your reputation not to be tarnished. Would this being all over the media, not embarrass your company. No you would not want that would you?

Not only has his wife had to deal with the loss of her husband and father of her children, now the MOD go and stab her in the chest with this disgusting action. Just shows why less and less young women and men are refusing to join the armed forces nowadays. The MODS motto thanks for your service now, get stuffed your on your own.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by blupblup

Is the government is hurting so much for money that they gouge a death men heroe for a few euros?, what the heck

can you imagine what the government will do with the tax payer citizens when all the bailouts to the EU stop working?.

Lo and behold, they will strip all of you naked.
still here in the US they are doing already.

I know, It's pathetic and absolutely unnecessary.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mijamija
This is so horrible.....I cannot even begin to say how sad and pathetic this story is, my heart sincerely goes out to Corporal Bancrofts family. What is the world coming to when we do this kind of thing to the people and the families of the people who protect the UK's sovereignty as a nation? Or for that matter the way many soldiers and their family's are treated in the USA as well.

I know, It's a truly crass and absurd thing to do.
Send a letter to the family of a dead soldier asking for money?

I still can't get my head around it.... :shk:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join