It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US cops tried to erase online evidence of brutality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
US cops tried to erase online evidence of brutality

Google has been asked by a US law enforcement agency to remove several videos exposing police brutality from the video sharing service YouTube, the company has revealed in its latest update to an online transparency report.

Another request filed by a different agency required Google to remove videos allegedly defaming law enforcement officials. The two requests were among 92 submissions for content removal by various authorities in the US filed between January and June 2011. Both were rejected by Google along with 27 per cent of the submissions.

The IT giant says the overall number of requests for content removal it receives from governmental agencies has risen, and so has the number of requests to disclose the private data of Google users.

For once google does the right thing.

Freaking cops always trying to rewrite reality and hide their crimes.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

May I ask about your source? Is this a news source from the US? What makes this source more reliable than any others? Have you found links to this anywhere else?

Not that I don't believe you but when I open your link there seems to be a lot of articles that slam the US right on the front page.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

May I ask about your source? Is this a news source from the US? What makes this source more reliable than any others? Have you found links to this anywhere else? Not that I don't believe you but when I open your link there seems to be a lot of articles that slam the US right on the front page.
reply to post by supine

RT IMO is a very good source, when there was pretty much a total media blackout of the protests, RT was there showing footage, getting it out there.

I agree OP, good response on Google's end. Im sure those numbers are going to increase dramatically in the next few weeks/months. Too many states being "occupied" with each one having a police force "gearing up" with many cameras and eyes watching. This is definitely starting to catch everyone's attention and they want to "control the situation"

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

It's good news but I do wonder what game Google are playing lately..

It's not like Big Business to stick up for the little guy..

Maybe I'm just a little paranoid with everything that's currently going on..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Does anyone really need a link for evidence of censorship? You know they do it. All the time. I can't tell you how many bookmarks show "video removed by user". The report is that authorities are "asking" to have their boo boos deleted? If they are, well at least they are still asking.
One day they will pass a law that gives them total access and the "lawful" right to start pulling anything they don't like.

Thats going to be a funny day. Last I heard YouTube alone was uploading 20 hrs. of video a minute (world wide). Cops don't have manpower enough to handle that load of doo doo looking for little snippets of embarrassment.

God, what megalomaniacs...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Just "Google" Google's information on this. It's all over the net.

Google’s recently released transparency report shows not only which countries have asked to have content removed. Google also received requests from an unnamed US law enforcement agency to take down videos of police brutality, which Google did not remove. Google also received a request from a different local law enforcement agency to remove videos that allegedly defamed law enforcement officials; it again did not comply with the request.

The transparency report details requests to move content made from January to June of 2011 and, for the first time, reveals how many requests are made by specific government agencies and authorities. Google had previously only noted requests made by countries.

Read more: www.care2.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Here is what they dont want others to see.

This is absolutely disgusting, the USA is going down in a spiral to total violence if this is allowed to continue. Is this what the authorities want over there. People being seriously injured or killed?
edit on 26-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Just to bring this important thread back into the fore, this is Google's page and comment,

www.google.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Just goes to show, if the US Government is doing this with Google. Where else are they doing this. I did read that the US Government Agencies such as the FBI were closely monitoring Twitter as well as Facebook. Will look for the article and post it when I find it.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Intresting you say for once google is doing the right thing, but there is more to this than meets the eye. Google is playing a fine game, they cannot be seen to be bias for this will seal thier fate as people wpuld soon realise they are part of the "establishment". Google is removing videos which illustrate a serious breach of law by tptb, but they are letting through some videos that show police brutality because they want a confrontatioj between police and the public.

The world is a stage my freind, and we are all players in the game.

top topics

join