It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update: Arrests in Case of Chinese Toddler Hit by Van and Left to Die

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Update: Arrests in Case of Chinese Toddler Hit by Van and Left to Die

www.theblaze.com

AP reports that Police have arrested two drivers suspected of running over a toddler on a busy street in southern China on Oct. 13. The toddler died from injuries a week later .Horrific video caught by a security camera shows the toddler get plowed over by a negligent driver, and then ignored by passers-by.

edit on 26-10-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Awesome news! I hope they didn't snag some poor saps that had nothing to do with it to appease the public. I hope these people get the book or worse thrown at them. I was heart sick about this little girl. The night I posted the story here I couldn't sleep. I prayed for her, for her family and when I found out she died I almost cried. There was something about that video that got to me. I hope justice is done, and I hope the incident will embolden the Chinese to do the right thing when someone needs help. No one should fear helping a fellow human being who is suffering. Life should never be cheap.

www.theblaze.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Awesome news! I hope they didn't snag some poor saps that had nothing to do with it to appease the public.

Let's be honest. It's China. It's a government so corrupt that they sell the organs of executed prisoners. I expect nothing less of them. It is sad that I do not hold more faith in some of the governments of the East, but my gut is giving me a poor feeling about this one. I do believe that they are charging another criminal with this instead of another crime, just to have the worldwide outcry to cease.

I can't back up what I'm saying, this much I know; however, I'm sure what I'm saying isn't far from the truth.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I prayed for her, for her family

the family is just as responsible for the death as the driver, i mean if where you leave your baby you gotta expect what happened.

i wouldnt call the driver negligent as the article does.. i mean he shouldnt of drove off but its hardly his fault for hitting the baby

rip to the baby tho.. it certianly was a horrible event

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

Dude did you watch the video? He hit the kid, ran over her with the front tire, stopped, obviously aware, and then slowly rolled over her body with the rear tire. I'm not giving the mother a free pass, but losing track of your kid is in no way as sick as slowly and deliberately driving over a child. Losing track of your child is in no way as sick as seeing the bloodied and obviously wrecked body of a child writhing in pain and walking away. This isn't about the parents, it's about he sick bastards that ran over that baby girl, and the sick bastards that left her to die without helping.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by ShortMemory

Dude did you watch the video? He hit the kid, ran over her with the front tire, stopped, obviously aware, and then slowly rolled over her body with the rear tire. I'm not giving the mother a free pass, but losing track of your kid is in no way as sick as slowly and deliberately driving over a child. Losing track of your child is in no way as sick as seeing the bloodied and obviously wrecked body of a child writhing in pain and walking away. This isn't about the parents, it's about he sick bastards that ran over that baby girl, and the sick bastards that left her to die without helping.

yes sadly i watched the video, wish i didnt
but i dont think he deliberatley hit him and who knows if he was aware.. theres no real exscuse for not stopping and checking so he is guilty on that part.
i agree but i dont think you can complain about your kid getting run over when you leave them near a road

edit on 26-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by douglas82391

Oh which intelligent post we've got here.

Oh i see, just another little boy who wants to be cool.

And Domo: You're so so right about this #e.

Hopefully something will change in Chinese laws, so we don't have to watch such things again and again.

Stay safe and peaceful Domo

R.I.P. little girl

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I would really like to know what the situation was with the mother. I have heard that it is normal in China for parents to leave their children unattended while they work, due to having no other option. Was the mother working? Was someone else supposed to be watching the child? Did the child wander off and get lost. That happens frequently, parent take their eyes off their child for just one second and the child disappears. The mother was so distraught, and I don't want to judge her with out knowing the whole story. It is so easy to jump to conclusions and blame people when we don't know the fact. With the driver and the people passing by we have video evidence that they are scum, but for all we know the mother may have been frantically searching for her child at the time of the incident, or someone else was supposed to be watching the child and was being irresponsible.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SheldonCooper

Oh which intelligent post we've got here. Oh i see, just another little boy who wants to be cool.

It's easy to be tough online. Eye roll of a troll.

And Domo: You're so so right about this #e. Hopefully something will change in Chinese laws, so we don't have to watch such things again and again.

I hope it changes not only Chinese law and popular opinion, but the opinions of people Worldwide.

Stay safe and peaceful Domo

You too.

R.I.P. little girl

Amen.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I hope it changes not only Chinese law and popular opinion, but the opinions of people Worldwide.

Hopefully ! But i don't think the most people are up to this.

Just live your life and don't care for anything or anybody , except your Bank Account.

Most of these people got their hands folded in these situations. And i think they won't change.

Have a nice night, c u around

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I read an article that stated the mother was doing laundry. She was busy - all mothers and all parents get busy. All Children are curious and can wander off and be out of eyeshot in seconds.

It takes a village to raise a Child. Just remember that every death of a Child demeans me.

The parents are not to blame - the driver was not watching - by his own admission he was talking on a mobile phone. The driver tracked the father down and offered him money - to make it go away!

No blame on the parents here from me - they were trying to provide for their Child like plenty of other parents. The driver was not concentrating on driving and now has to live with his consequences.

Little Girl rest still in the arms of a loving God - who will not leave you - like the humans did.

Much Peace...God knows we need it.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
This video is filth. Pure vile disgusting humans leaving a poor defenseless child to die in the street..

What the hell was wrong with those people that just walked past! This is a new low for humans caught on camera..

i pray for mankind and the poor little girl.. rest in peace.
edit on 26/10/2011 by SativaDub because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

They should also find those who just walked casually by not even batting an eye and charge them with negligence too. I mean seriously, is this what the world has come to? A place where no one gives a *darn* about anyone else but themselves?

How would they feel if it happened to their child, or at least someone in their family and then just watch people pass by without a care in the world? I guess it won't matter to them until it happens to them. Typical of us humans in this day and age.

Sorry for the rant.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I am very happy to read this

reply to post by Frontkjemper

I agree!

edit on 26-10-2011 by Thurisaz because: to add link

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
was only a matter of time until the chinese police caught them. It stirred up much public outrage in china against the drivers and the 18 people who just walked by.
Now there will be a trial and most likely the death sentence with execution carried out after sentencing.
Even so it wont return the life of the child.. *sigh* the stupidity and madness marches on in the world..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I'm going to bet it's not the real driver

But in all honesty, in a chaotic street like that, and in such a big car, it would be incredibly easy to accidentally run over a toddler and have no idea you hit anything but a bump in the road. A teen or adult is obvious, a toddler you wouldn't even notice.

I say arrest the parents, imo anyways.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Go and read my post a few before yours.

I am not even a parent.

Much Peace...

top topics

join