It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane dreaming? Welcome to air travel in 2075!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Plane dreaming? Welcome to air travel in 2075!

www.news.com.au

And “scramjets” capable of flying at five times the speed of sound (6437km/h) would make a 5565km London New York trip possible in under an hour.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Well of course its a lot of speculation but i expect we would have the technology in the article a lot sooner then 2075, then again i wouldnt be suprised if we already had similar in miliatary operation.

(picture: NASA)

Lets hear what you have to say?
is this realistic, or simply outdated

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Yep, keep the herd thinking all we got is Flintstones technology. So sick of the lies and hoarding, keeping us locked up in working 3 jobs just to make ends meet. They have things that can already do this, and probably had them back in the 1950s. I've seen TR-3Bs, many others have too, we know these craft are real but the lie continues on.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
In my opinion, if the concept exists and has been made public it either;

a) already exists

Or

b) they're currently working on it

Either option, the technology arrives a lot sooner than the timeline of 64 years.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

I would hope we would be able to do that by 2075.
We've already retired the super sonic concorde and there are plans for a plane that can make that trip in just 3 hours by 2015. So I would imagine if we can already do that much, chances are we will have that tech way before 2075 (if we dont already).
edit on 25-10-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

its simple logic really. why release something new when you can still make money on the old?
yeah i wouldnt be suprised if we had similar technology atleast 3-5 decades ago

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

id say it exists but they are still developing it.. not that it doesnt work but they got the funding to research the crap out of it if you know what i mean

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

well if we cant do this by then the human race must have evolved back to apes because its no where near a stretch on technology that is currently in the public domain.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory

Well of course its a lot of speculation but i expect we would have the technology in the article a lot sooner then 2075, then again i wouldnt be suprised if we already had similar in miliatary operation.

Scramjets are in the testing phase. We have had two test platforms with several test vehicles in those group types. There have been two successful Hyper-X flights, X-43A, in March and November 2004 reaching velocities of near mach 7 and mach 10 respectively. The next phase, the X-51 has not yet had a successful flight.

The scramjet operates at speeds in excess of mach 4.5 so a rocket booster, Pegasus, has been needed to take them to that velocity for the scramjet to fire. The technology looks promising but testing the vehicles has had some difficulties.

As regards the secret "new stuff", that may very well exist but I have not personally seen any of it or know of its existence. I am retired now but had a key role in the testing of the two successful X-43A flights.

edit on 26-10-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This is probably being tested as we comment on this thread, I hope we all know this and are aware that people that dont know about this will probably see this by the time they are old and bedridden.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

Originally posted by ShortMemory

Scramjets are in the testing phase. We have had two test platforms with several test vehicles in those group types. There have been two successful Hyper-X flights, X-43A, in March and November 2004 reaching velocities of near mach 7 and mach 10 respectively. The next phase, the X-51 has not yet had a successful flight.

The scramjet operates at speeds in excess of mach 4.5 so a rocket booster, Pegasus, has been needed to take them to that velocity for the scramjet to fire. The technology looks promising but testing the vehicles has had some difficulties.

Hmm do you care to provide any links to this information I'd like to follow the progress? Thanks for being honest and realistic BTW.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The starting and stopping alone would kill every one on board, just by the g forces alone not to say what it would do to the plane in flight. As for the height of the flight it would be high up in the atmosphere that would also create it's own set of problems as for a pressurized cabin is needed and at those stress levels a super strong material is need to keep the plane from burning up and falling apart as it travels to where it's got to go.

At that speed any defects would be magnified 100 times.

I think I would stick with the 8 hour flight it's worked up to now.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Dreaming.

Aircraft may exist that use scramjets by 2075, but they won' b used for mass transport like the big jets are now. If they are civilian they will be concord equivalents - with airfares that are for hte wealthy only.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamusic

Hmm do you care to provide any links to this information I'd like to follow the progress? Thanks for being honest and realistic BTW.

My work was with the Dept of Navy so nothing more than press releases regarding test flights were issued from them. A web search of Hyper-X or scramjet would provide some general information. I had no part in the development of this, solely in the testing phase when a vehicle was presented that was ready to fly. Sorry I can't offer more.

Originally posted by jsettica
The starting and stopping alone would kill every one on board, just by the g forces alone not to say what it would do to the plane in flight. As for the height of the flight it would be high up in the atmosphere that would also create it's own set of problems as for a pressurized cabin is needed and at those stress levels a super strong material is need to keep the plane from burning up and falling apart as it travels to where it's got to go.

At that speed any defects would be magnified 100 times.

Those are some very real problems though the g-forces could likely be transitioned somewhat smoothly, not to say you wouldn't feel it.

The scramjet operates at very high altitudes at the edge of space in very thin atmosphere scraping what it needs for combustion. That is the big difference with this tech and rockets which provide their own combustion sources.

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Dreaming.

Aircraft may exist that use scramjets by 2075, but they won' b used for mass transport like the big jets are now. If they are civilian they will be concord equivalents - with airfares that are for hte wealthy only.

Military applications seem the most likely in the near future but I wouldn't rule out mass transportation applications at some time in the years to come. A lot could happen in 60 years and I wouldn't want to bet the farm against such things coming to pass. I'm sure the engineers will work out how to make it happen, then economics and politics will determine if it is feasible or not. I'm sure at some time it will be possible though.

edit on 26-10-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
They won't be for mass transit simply because of economics - it costs a lot of money to go through the sound barrier - in terms of the research that has to be done, the fuel burned and the cost to actually build the engines and structures required and then the maintenance of them.

Subsonics will get cheaper through more efficient designs & maybe fuels (more nails in the coffin of expensive hypersonic trips for all!) such as wing-body blended a/c, biofuels, maybe synthetic high energy fuels of some type........but I really see no future mas market for hypersonics - or even supersonics for that matter - it simply costs too much.

Short of something truly revolutionary, I am quite sure mass transport is going to remain subsonic in the lifetime of anyone alive today.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Of course we have technology more advanced than this ...... what people dont realize the technology the military has is in computer simulations , they think the military has a lot of this stuff just sitting around ... no... the military has this stuff sitting inside a computer.

The military doesnt have the money to run every single experiment in the real world ..... so they create a real world inside a computer a simulation .... and test the designs in the simulation ... and if it works in the simulation .... it should work in the real world .. then its ok move on to the next project. They cant just build all of this stuff , believe it or not 400 billion US dollars wouldnt cover half of all technology that needs real world experimentation.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Short of something truly revolutionary, I am quite sure mass transport is going to remain subsonic in the lifetime of anyone alive today.

With a projected date of 2075 in the topic's title that fairly well ensures the veracity of your claim for me and likely for the majority on ATS today, barring something truly revolutionary in medical or life extension sciences.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

I worded it quite deliberately to include anyone alive today - not jsut old farts like me!!

plenty of kids born yesterday are likely to be alive in 2075

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

By 2075? by then we should have a transporter, like Startrek.

top topics

join