It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electroics turning on by themselves (a 2 for 1 thread)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Okay this is going to be a double thead and by that I mean I have 2 completly different things to ask about the same event.

Okay for the past few months the scale in our bathroom has been turning on when we walk into the room. I was just calking it up to maybe the floor moving alittle when we walk in and setting off the weight sensors (we live in an older apartment complex). So I shrugged it off until about a month ago my wife said that every so often when she reaches for her camera, it will turn on by itself. So now I'm begining to wonder whats goin on around my house.

So tonight we are getting ready to go out to our local bar and she asked me to turn on the radio for her while shes doing her make up in the other room. So I obliege and go over to the radio in the living room to turn it on. Just as I am reaching for the radio power button, it turns on by itself!!!!
To put it mildly I was freaked out. I was yelling to her from the living room saying how creeped out I was and that my heart was racing as I tried to figure out a logical explanation. So we all calm down and a few minutes later she asks me to change the station to somthing else (it was lady gaga :barf
SO just as I get to the radio it changes stations by itself!!!
. I couldnt believe it!!! Then I turn around to tell my wife and she comes falling onto the living room floor laughing her a$$ off.

The whole time she had the remote to the radio ( which I though we lost when we moved). So she still cant stop laughing about how she punked me.

So here's the double thread.

Any ideas as to why electronics may be turning on by themselves? ie scale, camera, coffee maker?
And I need an epic prank to get her back.!!!!!
edit on 25-10-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
Okay this is going to be a double thead and by that I mean I have 2 completly different things to ask about the same event.

Okay for the past few months the scale in our bathroom has been turning on when we walk into the room. I was just calking it up to maybe the floor moving alittle when we walk in and setting off the weight sensors (we live in an older apartment complex). So I shrugged it off until about a month ago my wife said that every so often when she reaches for her camera, it will turn on by itself. So now I'm begining to wonder whats goin on around my house.

So tonight we are getting ready to go out to our local bar and she asked me to turn on the radio for her while shes doing her make up in the other room. So I obliege and go over to the radio in the living room to turn it on. Just as I am reaching for the radio power button, it turns on by itself!!!!
To put it mildly I was freaked out. I was yelling to her from the living room saying how creeped out I was and that my heart was racing as I tried to figure out a logical explanation. So we all calm down and a few minutes later she asks me to change the station to somthing else (it was lady gaga :barf
SO just as I get to the radio it changes stations by itself!!!
. I couldnt believe it!!! Then I turn around to tell my wife and she comes falling onto the living room floor laughing her a$$ off.

The whole time she had the remote to the radio ( which I though we lost when we moved). So she still cant stop laughing about how she punked me.

So here's the double thread.

Any ideas as to why electronics may be turning on by themselves? ie scale, camera, coffee maker?
And I need an epic prank to get her back.!!!!!

Put something poisonous in her breakfast.
Bleach ; Pinesol; Windex etc...
EPIC
edit on 25-10-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well...I don't even know why you asked this question. It is really quite obvious.

edit on 25-10-2011 by superman2012 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Have you lost a loved one recently? or is there problems in the family that need sorting that a loved one who has passed might not be happy about? using electrical appliences to get your attention is often how spirits communicate.I know from my own experience that my mother after she passed used to turn lights on/off in the house to get peoples attention at certain times.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I think I know what Im gonna do to get her back.

Bwahhhhaaahaaaa

She is home alone all day during the week. So Im gonna have a few of my friends including myself "break" into the apartment and scare the sh*t out of her. Ofcoarse I will be unloading and removing all ammo from the house on the day of the "break in" hahahaha it will be great.

Plus I will get to see the way she acts and what she does in a 'break-in' situation.
Im constantly asking her what she would do and how to use each of the weapons in the house.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
You have a playful poltergeist residing in your home. I have one and he does the same type of things. I will close the kitchen cabinets, leave the room, and when I return a few minutes later, they are all open again. I have a portable radio that turns on by itself and will change stations. When changing stations, the antenna usually rotates clockwise. They are harmless, at least mine is, just enjoy the show.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Hi...I now live alone (with my cat)....and every so often my TV turns on and off by itself. Before I leave....I always do a double check....and shut everything off...unplug coffee pot etc. I will come home and the TV is on...at first I thought maybe it was just a glitch in the cable hookup....so to test that...I unhooked the cable....left the apartment for a while...came home ..and the TV is on.....recently I got up about 2am to get a drink of water...and the TV turned on and then off. I just figure I have a friendly ghost and the ghost is saying (hello I am here - stuck between dimensions). Also...at times there are knocks on my door...and no one is there plus the water in the bathroom has been turned on and shut off ...and no one there...plus I had a kitchen timer on top of the refrigerator....and I was sitting in the living room....and all of a sudden....it slid across the top of the frig...then it was suspended in mid-air and fell to the floor. These have been my experiences...and there is no one here to trick me.

I am thinking that you could possibly have a (friendly ghost) that is saying hello.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium

Have you lost a loved one recently? or is there problems in the family that need sorting that a loved one who has passed might not be happy about? using electrical appliences to get your attention is often how spirits communicate.I know from my own experience that my mother after she passed used to turn lights on/off in the house to get peoples attention at certain times.

my mother passed back in July. maybe its my mom. And to add to that we have some of her ashes in a small earn on the mantle. hmmmmm...... thanks for the input.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Put something poisonous in her breakfast.
Bleach ; Pinesol; Windex etc...

That'll show her!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I know a woman that used to be really bad about pulling pranks until some one put itching powder on her tampons. However you may wait to save that one as a last resort.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

my mother passed back in July. maybe its my mom. And to add to that we have some of her ashes in a small earn on the mantle. hmmmmm...... thanks for the input.

Anytime a loved one of mine passes...this happens. Electronics seem to go off and "coincidence's" happen frequently as well. An experience one time...is one thing. Every time it has happened though was one more experience to add and I believe that is what is going on with you. ;-)

Peace and love to you and yours!!!! xoxoxo

Jenn

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

set up a hidden cam off to the side of your tv get a paper plate and some canned cool whip and make a cool whip pie on i.. make sure she can't see either. invite her over to watch something the tube and tell her to stay standing up and kinda close so she wont' miss it. as she is view spank her in the butt as hard as you can as she screams slap her face with the pie.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
A prank I think that is less deadly than the bleach thing

And alittle less dangerour for myself than the staged brake in thing

Right now shes looking for a job, so I'll find out what places shes applied at and find out the managers names.
Then I'll get one of my buddies to call her back saying she has the job and starts the next day at 8:00am.

Oh the look on her face will be pricless when she finds out it was all a set up. hahahaha

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I did this one time as a young adult spending the night at my parents' house, not knowing who would fall for it. The idea came about because it was hard to fill the dog's water tub (the big huge kind that fits upside-down into the bowl). Whenever I would fill the water dispenser, I put it in the kitchen sink and since the dispenser was too tall to fit under the faucet, I had to use the kitchen sink sprayer. Rather than standing there holding the sprayer for what seemed like an eternity to fill it up, I taped the handle down. I forgot to take the tape off one time and squirted myself when I turned on the faucet! Then I did it on purpose, and the cool part was that we only had clear packing tape in the house so you couldn't tell because it was the old-fashioned kind of black, cheapo, kitchen sink sprayer.

So, once your girl goes to sleep, act like you are going to get a snack, go to the kitchen, and tape down the handle on the sink sprayer. When she wakes up and starts to make coffee... BAM!

Make sure to position the sprayer in the direction of her face where you assume she will be standing when she turns on the water.

When I did it, my mother was the one who got "fished in". It was very hysterical to see! At first she didn't know what had happened, so she turned off the faucet for a second, then turned it back on again! Got her square in the face! I was laughing so hard I nearly peed my pants!

edit on 6-11-2011 by ghostwithorangeeyes because: spelling

new topics

top topics

join