It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on Voter ID laws.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Came across this just today for your reading pleasure.

Alabama Voices: Should have supported voter ID law

When I was a congressman, I took the path of least resistance on this subject for an African American politician. Without any evidence to back it up, I lapsed into the rhetoric of various partisans and activists who contend that requiring photo identification to vote is a suppression tactic aimed at thwarting black voter participation.
The truth is that the most aggressive contemporary voter suppression in the African American community, at least in Alabama, is the wholesale manufacture of ballots, at the polls and absentee, in parts of the Black Belt.

Pretty interesting article. I've always thought that anyone against voter ID laws was by extension for voter fraud. The most interesting thing about the article is the race and political persuasion of it's author. The author admits that he was approached while in office and running for office by people offering votes for cash. I wonder how many he referred to the FBI or other agencies.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Forgive me if I'm a little confused. Would you prefer to talk about voter ID laws or the person who wrote them?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

If this guy has personal knowledge of who's rigging the votes, I bet a lot of other people in Congress do, too. How curious that so few have taken any steps to stop vote fraud....

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

It was hard to understand where the author was coming from. Seems strange he would believe voter ID would suppress the black vote??? Weird. Anyway, I'm glad he came around (because he doesn't seem to grasp the importance). 

Its important because only legal US citizens have the right to cast a vote. Who doesn't agree with that? It's clearly a law, and anyone trying to circumvent that law obviously isn't confident about winning on the merit of their ideas.  

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

If he did not say anything, its because he may openen a Can of worms, but this is Nation wide, its a numbers game half hour before the polls close, a mad voter rush for whoever can pay back ???????
check your local town elections.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Some areas use police at the polls because of troublesome voters, but some are get scared when they see cops, plus its federal law that states poll workers( the board of elections) can ask for ID, no ID you may not be abel to vote, now if you have nothing to hide, not being looked for by police go and vote>>>>>.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Voting is a crime don't take my word for it read the law and maybe learn something new.

www.pacinlaw.org...

new topics

top topics

join