It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-Cat -The Greatest Invention of All Time?!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
*) I am aware there exists thread about this, but i thought it would legitimate a new thread.

In particular, i would like to hear how such a tech would change our world - assuming that the e-cat device is real and turns out working.

If you haven't done yet and dont know what e-cat is, you can start reading here

www.forbes.com...

or do some googling.

Short: E-Cat is "sort of" a cold fusion device which if confirmed WORKING will 100% and totally change our world.

How do you think would that invention change our world? What effect would it have on the middle-east, on America? Would our economy FIRST collapse before it enters a new area where energy literally has become too cheap to even meter anymore?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

In particular, i would like to hear how such a tech would change our world - assuming that the e-cat device is real and turns out working.

That's a big assumption.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
...but, in answer to your question, yes it would be.

Looking forward to the testing in 3 days

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Holy crap! It's going to be demonstrated on the 28th! Could demonstrating the E-Cat trigger a chain reaction that DESTROYS THE WOOORLD?!?!?

It's all coming together.

Really though, this is awesome. I hope it's proven to work. If so, as stated in the article, it would be a massive game changer and would very quickly put the reins of power in someone else's hands.

If this worked I wouldn't be surprised if it quickly disappeared.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I agree,if this works we will never hear of it again.Lots of shadowy figures and visits would entail if anyone leaked it

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
before i waste my time imagi.ning,answer me this.has the factory that was licensed to manufacture,made its first delivery?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I like the last bit...

So, the E-Cat will be demonstrated on the 28th of this month and I, for one, will be watching with great interest and enormous hope because if Rossi’s E-Cat system works, it will be goodbye recession and hello, brave new world.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Damn..I thought it was a new electronic pet cat. But man cold fusion is just as good!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Very good summary, how it is supposed to work etc..

www.networkworld.com...

An Italian inventor named Andrea Rossi and his scientific consultant, physicist and emeritus professor, Sergio Focardi, have demonstrated a device called the E-Cat or Energy Catalyzer which, according to a 2008 patent application, involves "a method and apparatus for carrying out nickel and hydrogen exothermal reactions," with the production of copper as a result.

The device is said to work by heating hydrogen to an "ignition temperature" using an external heat source, after which a catalyst, which has yet to be explained, causes the hydrogen atoms to "penetrate" the nickel and transform it into copper, producing energy in the process -- essentially a nuclear fusion reaction -- that is self-sustaining (i.e. the external heat source can be removed and the device will continue to function).

Water fed into the reaction chamber comes out as steam with which you could drive a turbine, and voila! You have a generator.

If it is a hoax it must be VERY elaborate since they already did many tests in the past with academics and press present, and the current consensus is (I THINK) that this device is indeed working. HOWEVER, not surprisingly it also hit some cristicism amongst a nr. of established scientists, but this is actually NOT surprising since this device would indeed be *revolutionary* (mildly spoken).

It also sounds to me that the e-cat device is rather simple and it is possible to produce such devices in all sizes, eg. for cars, home, offices etc....short - it would make our existing power-grid obsolete from one day to the other.

It is also note-worthy to mention that the main-stream media just RECENTLY (mid october) started to cover this subject "somewhat"...which is astonishing considering this would be THE invention of the century..if not millenium.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
I agree,if this works we will never hear of it again.Lots of shadowy figures and visits would entail if anyone leaked it

Yup, if it does work we will never hear of it again.

Never. Just like a lot of other inventions that might upset the apple cart.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

It is my understanding there was already quite a number of tests in the past - so i am pretty confident that a "good" and major test on the 28th will ALSO not completely get rid of skepticism and criticism. Short: Even if the major test on the 28th turns out a HUUUUGE success, there will still be some saying "hoax" and "scam"..simply because of the magnitude and incredibility of this invention.

The information i have as of now is that the test on the 28th is the "last public" test (as i read on Andrea Rossi's blog)....however it will be "in private" with/for an ominous "customer" who is from the US. ("Customer" as in someone who wants to manufacture the devices - i think) - but there WILL be press/scientists present too...so that test is "semi private". Just dont expect a media spectacle.

edit on 25-10-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
Holy crap! It's going to be demonstrated on the 28th! Could demonstrating the E-Cat trigger a chain reaction that DESTROYS THE WOOORLD?!?!?

It's all coming together.

Really though, this is awesome. I hope it's proven to work. If so, as stated in the article, it would be a massive game changer and would very quickly put the reins of power in someone else's hands.

If this worked I wouldn't be surprised if it quickly disappeared.

If it works, it will definitely change the world on the scale of Mayan predictions. I'd say "prophecy fulfilled". The world would never be the same.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
reply to post by CaptChaos

It is my understanding there was already quite a number of tests in the past - so i am pretty confident that a "good" and major test on the 28th will ALSO not completely get rid of skepticism and criticism. Short: Even if the major test on the 28th turns out a HUUUUGE success, there will still be some saying "hoax" and "scam"..simply because of the magnitude and incredibility of this invention.
This comment is both fair and unfair.

It's fair in the sense that there have been tests and they have been received skeptically.

It's unfair in the sense that it seems to blame the skeptics for being skeptical. There are any number of ways the tests could have been performed to convince the skeptics. For example, the last test I read about didn't output any amount of energy that could have exceeded normal chemical methods of storing energy inside the black box. So, one simple way to overcome this objection would be to simply run the test longer so that the output exceeds any known source of chemical energy. The fact that it didn't do that makes it unremarkable.

I could list many other issues with the previous tests too.

The bottom line is, if it works they will make energy with it and sell it to electric utility customers. At that point the skeptics will have to admit that it's producing energy, if they are actually making and selling it commercially.

In answer to the OP question, theoretically, it could lower our electric bills a bit if it works. The costs of producing electricity with this technology are unknown to the public so it's impossible to say how much.

But I think it's a hoax. I don't understand why he's doing it, but then I don't understand why most hoaxers do their hoaxes.
edit on 26-10-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Nice find, i don't know if you guys noticed the day it will be demostrated?

But there are topics we all know about that the mayan calender would end on 28,oct 2011. Guess when the demostration is given! So may that boost us into the new age? Of cheap/free clean energy?

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I'm not a physicist. But phrases like

The E-Cat is a simple device albeit with functioning that defies all known explanations.

and

It is claimed that the E-Cat only requires some initial heating to start after which the reaction is self-sustaining.

make me raise my eyebrows.

Further, there's this:

The reaction uses a secret catalyst to transform nickel into copper with heat being produced which can be used to make steam, drive a Stirling engine, or be used for whatever you please.

"Secret" catalyst alone makes my "magic beans sense" go all frizzy. However, it strikes me that this mechanic wouldn't actually change anything, even if it does actually work.

Where do you get the nickel to power it? What do you do with the copper that's left over? These are both toxic metals after all (honestly, "toxic metal" is a little redundant, but you get me). Useful, but toxic. Mining and processing nickel also isn't exactly cheap (and leaves even more toxins, such as cobalt.) and though nickel is a fairly common element in the crust of the earth, there seem to be relatively few viable deposits of the stuff... TO say nothing of the effect suddenly using nickel for energy would have on, say, the price of stainless steel.

I have a lot of questions, basically, and it's not clear that answers to them actually exist.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
*) I am aware there exists thread about this, but i thought it would legitimate a new thread.

How do you think would that invention change our world? What effect would it have on the middle-east, on America? Would our economy FIRST collapse before it enters a new area where energy literally has become too cheap to even meter anymore?

It doesn't and it won't work. If it does we will still be metered, and the technology will be patented. You will have to buy the machine, and it will have to be serviced by their certified technicians. You will still pay plenty. Rossi has never claimed this is a free energy device. It's a more efficient way to make money, if it works, which it wont.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

If verified and accurate I would say it would have a profound effect on the world. Of course oil / ng and other non renewable resources would still be in demand for production purposes, however the location of those resources would become a moot point since the bulk of countries own resource base would better be allocated to local production / manufatureing instead of shipping it to another country.

The basics are food, water and energy. Nailing down the energy part could go a long way to resolving the first 2.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Naa, wont be so huge..

1) IF it works ???
2) Will take so many years to have it comersialized
3) The costs involved will be HUGE, initial price, maintenence prices, TAAAAXXES....

So i bet like the other INOVATIONS like nanotubes and medical breakthrues
it will soon be forgotten by the ppl because of nonpractical uses released....
edit on 2011/10/26 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I won't judge one way or another about the validity of this device yet. One thing that I find interesting is the last paragraph on Wikipedia:

Undisclosed customer
A further, as yet undisclosed, customer is said to be present for the inaugural activation of the 1MW plant which would take place in Bologna on October 28, 2011.[71] The demonstration would be performed under the control of this unidentified customer who could acquire the plant, provided that the power consumption can be verified by the customer.[72]

I'm sure plenty of us would like to speculate on who this undisclosed customer is! What's your guess?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter
I'm sure plenty of us would like to speculate on who this undisclosed customer is! What's your guess?

My guess is it's someone like the Dragon in this episode of Dragon's den who offers to invest $1 million if the inventor can prove the technology works. It could even be the same guy, but there are plenty more like him:

Dragon's Den - Vorktex MagnaCoaster Power Generation

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join