It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awww: Enviros oddly unhappy with Obama’s new senior political lobbyist adviser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Environmentalists are unhappy with President Barack Obama’s presidential campaign for hiring a former lobbyist for the Keystone XL pipeline as a senior adviser.

Broderick Johnson, a Washington lawyer and lobbyist, is joining the campaign as a senior adviser and member of the senior staff.

Johnson registered as a lobbyist promoting TransCanada’s proposed Alberta-to-Texas pipeline in the fourth quarter of 2010, when he worked for Bryan Cave LLP. TransCanada paid $120,000 to Bryan Cave during those three months, according to lobbying disclosure records.

www.politico.com...

I seem to remember that the current Potus said that there would be no lobbyist's in his administration. I mean he did say it and yet here are the lobbyist's hell Eric Holder was registered as a lobbyist among many others.

So we are in need of oil supplies and the keystone oil pipeline could bring much needed relief to the pumps not today tho it will be years not to mention create long term jobs.

However will all the global warming supporters and environmentalist's kicking and screaming no no no!.

So i am left wondering for what purpose was this dude "appointed" ?

The environmentalist's will never let the pipeline built and the dude more or less bought that position someone help me out here what am i missing?

Answer: Just Crony Capitalism At Work

Maybe only thing i can think of.

Related Article:
hotair.com...

edit on 25-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I would hate to call my commander in chief a lying, backstabbing, moronic, and corrupt hypocrite.

It just wouldn't be right

edit on 25-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Well if the fools want to blindly think that their agendas matter.... As a politician he goes for two things. VOTES & MONEY. So of course there will be a conflict of interests. Any fool can see that and I can plainly see it

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

" Broderick Johnson, a Washington lawyer and lobbyist, is joining the campaign as a senior adviser and member of the senior staff."

This is more than Likely " Payback " for Campaign Contributions made to Obama back in 2008 by said Gentlemen and the " Interests " he represents . Time to pay the Piper , and Obama has been doing that Alot lately .

edit on 25-10-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

This Admin has hypocrisy down to a art form.

And they thought people wouldn't notice.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Enviro's are angry at Obama?

Wouldn't that statement assume that they ever stopped being mad at him for the massive oil fiasco in the Gulf (which it has been shown is still killing massive quantities of sea life, decimating the fishing and shrimping season..)

But I suppose when it's a Democrat in office it's easy to forget such atrocities.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
To set the record straight, Mr. Johnson's appointment is NOT with the administration, but rather the presidential campaign hired him.

Ralph Nader years ago warned of this lobbyist infestation. ... this from 1993...

As the head of Bill Clinton's transition team last winter, Warren Christopher denounced the revolving-door traffic into lobbying as a "vice." Congress Watch, an arm of the Ralph Nader group Public Citizen, goes further. In a blistering report in September, it branded the revolving-door traffic "government service for sale."

But the truth is often considerably different. Now, revolving-door lobbyists act as consultants, grass-roots organizers, legislative strategists and publicists for clients -- duties that evade the spirit of the anti-lobbying laws and rules -- with complete legality.

source

It's probably harder these days to find someone to hire who's NOT a former lobbyists.

new topics

top topics

join