It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign Libyan Journalist's Confessions on REAL Libya and Gadaffi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This woman speaks the truth! I found the link to the video from a local forum I visit- not sure If its been posted but thought Id post it for some of you guys to view!

www.youtube.com...

I cant seem to work out how to make it embedded on the thread....one of you can maybe do it!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lukeUK

Here ya go.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lukeUK

Cool find. Add this to the other one from today with the Belgian journalist/writer on a TV talk show saying it how it is. Thank the Stars for ATS and independant journalists!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lukeUK

This is a great video

This lady was telling the truth, and it can be seen through her emotions. She spoke of many factual things that we all know about and then told us about things I myself have never heard. I believe all of it. I believe that most the Libyan people are nothing like those rebel animals that murdered Gadaffi and his loyalists.

I'm still disturbed by those two most recent videos of Gadaffi and to see Hillary celebrate like she did was disgusting.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Ya, Im showing my family these videos they are some what reliant on mainstream media as their only outlet for what is going on this world :S

Its raising a few eye brows and they are starting to question what they have been told!

need to get people out of this zombie trance of msm for sure!

Im off to bed guys keep the thread alive people need to see this video!

laters!

edit on 25-10-2011 by lukeUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lukeUK

Reminds of this video of a French journalist about the Libyan conflict

Thierry Meyssan

en.wikipedia.org...

Thierry Meyssan (born 18 May 1957 in Talence, Gironde) is a controversial French journalist and political activist. He is the author of investigations into the extreme right wing (particularly about the National Front Militias, which are the object of a parliamentary investigation and caused a separation of the extreme right wing party), as well as into the Catholic Church (Opus Dei, for example). Meyssan is best known for his controversial book 9/11: The Big Lie (L'Effroyable imposture), in which he challenges the official account of events of the September 11 terrorist attacks.

On August 22, 2011, Meyssan gave reports to the Russian program Russia Today from the Rixos Hotel in Tripoli. While stuck there, he reported that contrary to many other reports, Gaddafi forces drove the rebels from most of the city, said he felt he was in danger, and accused some of his fellow journalists of being spies from the CIA and the MI6. When the host of the program asked him why the presence of Western spies would put him in danger, he replied that he was not explaining all the details of the situation well. Meyssan was the only journalist trapped in the Rixos at this time who claimed to have first-hand knowledge of who was winning the battle for Tripoli. The same day, Meyssan reported that Western agents disguised as journalists at the Rixos hotel had marked him for assassination and that escape routes in the city had been blocked to prevent him from fleeing. He also said that the identities of these spies would be released in due course.[7][8]

Libya: Getting it Right - A Revolutionary Pan-African Perspective

Thousands of Indians, Egyptians, Chinese, Filipinos, Turks, Germans, English, Italians, Malaysians, Koreans and a host of other nationalities are lining up at the borders and the airport to leave Libya. It begs the question: What were they doing in Libya in the first place? Unemployment figures, according to the Western media and Al Jazeera, are at 30%. If this is so, then why all these foreign workers? For those of us who have lived and worked in Libya, there are many complexities to the current situation that have been completely overlooked by the Western media and 'Westoxicated' analysts, who have nothing other than a Eurocentric perspective to draw on. Let us be clear - there is no possibility of understanding what is happening in Libya within a Eurocentric framework. Westerners are incapable of understanding a system unless the system emanates from or is attached in some way to the West. Libya's system and the battle now taking place on its soil, stands completely outside of the Western imagination.

The first question is: Is the revolt taking place in Libya fuelled by a concern over economic issues such as poverty and unemployment as the media would have us believe? Let us examine the facts. Under the revolutionary leadership of Muammar Qaddafi, Libya has attained the highest standard of living in Africa. In 2007, in an article which appeared in the African Executive Magazine, Norah Owaraga noted that Libya, “unlike other oil producing countries such as Nigeria, utilized the revenue from its oil to develop its country. The standard of living of the people of Libya is one of the highest in Africa, falling in the category of countries with a GNP per capita of between USD 2,200 and 6,000.” This is all the more remarkable when we consider that in 1951 Libya was officially the poorest country in the world. According to the World Bank, the per capita income was less than $50 a year - even lower than India. Today, all Libyans own their own homes and cars. Two Fleet Street journalists, David Blundy and Andrew Lycett, who are by no means supporters of the Libyan revolution, had this to say: “The young people are well dressed, well fed and well educated. Libyans now earn more per capita than the British. The disparity in annual incomes... is smaller than in most countries. Libya's wealth has been fairly spread throughout society. Every Libyan gets free, and often excellent, education, medical and health services. New colleges and hospitals are impressive by any international standard. All Libyans have a house or a flat, a car and most have televisions, video recorders and telephones. Compared with most citizens of the Third World countries, and with many in the First World, Libyans have it very good indeed.” (Source: Qaddafi and the Libyan Revolution) Large scale housing construction has taken place right across the country. Every citizen has been given a decent house or apartment to live in rent-free. In Qaddafi's Green Book it states: “The house is a basic need of both the individual and the family, therefore it should not be owned by others.” This dictum has now become a reality for the Libyan people. Large scale agricultural projects have been implemented in an effort to 'make the desert bloom' and achieve self-sufficiency in food production. Any Libyan who wants to become a farmer is given free use of land, a house, farm equipment, some livestock and seed. In addition, all basic food items are subsidised and sold through a network of 'people's shops'. Today, Libya can boast one of the finest health care systems in the Arab and African World. All people have access to doctors, hospitals, clinics and medicines, completely free of all charges.

Nations Encyclopedia| Libya - Poverty and wealth

The living standards of Libyans have improved significantly since the 1970s, ranking the country among the highest in Africa. Urbanization, developmental projects, and high oil revenues have enabled the Libyan government to elevate its people's living standards. The social and economic status of women and children has particularly improved. Various subsidized or free services (health, education, housing, and basic foodstuffs) have ensured basic necessities. The low percentage of people without access to safe water (3 percent), health services (0 percent) and sanitation (2 percent), and a relatively high life expectancy (70.2 years) in 1998 indicate the improved living standards. Adequate health care and subsidized foodstuffs have sharply reduced infant mortality, from 105 per 1,000 live births in 1970 to 20 per 1,000 live births in 1998. The government also subsidizes education, which is compulsory and free between the ages of 6 and 15. The expansion of educational facilities has elevated the literacy rate (78.1 in 1998). There are universities in Tripoli, Benghazi, Marsa el-Brega, Misurata, Sebha, and Tobruq. Despite its successes, the educational system has failed to train adequate numbers of professionals, resulting in Libya's dependency on foreign teachers, doctors, and scientists.

What you don't know about Gaddafi

Civilian Losses | Wikipedia

May 14: NATO air strike hit a large number of people gathered for Friday prayers in the eastern city of Brega leaving 11 religious leaders dead and 50 others wounded.[442]

May 24: NATO air strikes in Tripoli kill 19 civilians and wound 150, according to Libyan state television.[443]

May 31: Libya claims that NATO strikes have left up to 718 civilians dead.[444]

June 19: NATO air strikes hit a residential house in Tripoli, killing seven civilians, according to Libyan state television.[445]

June 20: A NATO airstrike in Sorman, near Tripoli, killed fifteen civilians, according to government officials.[446] Eight rockets apparently hit the compound of a senior government official, in an area where NATO confirmed operations had taken place.[446]

June 25: NATO strikes on Brega hit a bakery and a restaurant, killing 15 civilians and wounding 20 more, Libyan state television claimed. The report further accused the coalition of "crimes against humanity". The claims were denied by NATO.[447][448]

June 28: NATO airstrike on the town of Tawragha, 300 km east of the Libyan capital, Tripoli kills eight civilians.[449]

July 25: NATO airstrike on a medical clinic in Zliten kills 11 civilians, though the claim was denied by NATO, who said they hit a vehicle depot and communications center.[450][451]

July 30: NATO attacks Libyan state TV, Al-Jamahiriya. 3 journalists killed.[452]

August 9: Libyan government claims 85 civillians were killed in a NATO airsrike in Majer, a village near Zliten. A spokesman confirms that NATO bombed Zliten at 2:34 a.m. on August 9,[453] but says he was unable to confirm the casualties. Commander of the NATO military mission, Lieutenant General Charles Bouchard says "I cannot believe that 85 civilians were present when we struck in the wee hours of the morning, and given our intelligence. But I cannot assure you that there were none at all".[454]

September 15: Gaddafi spokesman Moussa Ibrahim declares that NATO air strikes killed 354 civilians and wounded 700 others, while 89 other civilians are supposedly missing. He also claims that over 2,000 civilians have been killed by NATO air strikes since September 1.[455] NATO denied the claims, saying they were unfounded.[456]

Related articles about civilian death & bombing caused by NATO;

Libya says Nato strike killed 85 civilians - The National

12 killed as NATO air strike hits bus in Libya - Hindustan Times

Prison Planet.com » NATO airstrike kills 8 Libyan civilians

NATO confirms strike hit wrong target, killing Libyan civilians| Washington Post

Nato accused of killing family in botched bombing raid - Telegraph

Libya: Nato Being Sued By Family Who Lost Five Relatives In An Air Strike Nato Said Was A Mistake | World News | Sky News

NATO attacks Libyan University | ozyism

Defiant Qaddafi Condemns NATO, Rasmussen Says Alliance Will Not Stop Libya Bombing

BBC News - Libya: Coalition air strike 'killed seven civilians'

NATO war crime: Libya water supply - English pravda.ru

edit on 25-10-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I hope I can get my son to watch this.
He believes what he has seen on TV; Lybian people celebrating the death of Gadaffi.
Oh, and he knows a lady who has a friend working for one of the news organiations who told her likewise.
I'm saying, "yeah right, they're celebrating after NATO bombers destroyed their city and blew arms and legs off of their children?
Same for Iraq.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I sit here and shake my head, it's disgusting, I knew it stunk, like most of 'their' actions in the last decade and beyond.
Great game of chess, it's a shame people are suffering for it. They will push too far one day and someone will push back, heaven help us all then.

edit on 25-10-2011 by AussieAmandaC because: ps sharing this with everyone and a copy to the pm!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Excellent inclusion to this thread I reckon, a quote from the clip

"It was a colonial massacre in it’s classic sense, it’s something we haven’t seen for a very long time…
We never thought that colonial power will come back with the brutality of 2 centuries ago”

The words are a little hard to read, but stick with it, it's worth the watch!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lukeUK
This woman speaks the truth! I found the link to the video from a local forum I visit- not sure If its been posted but thought Id post it for some of you guys to view!

www.youtube.com...

I cant seem to work out how to make it embedded on the thread....one of you can maybe do it!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lukeUK

Im a bit new to this but i watched the vid n with others ive seen it makes you shudder.
Whats next.
Idnt know how to star n flag but u have both of me.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Sorry should have waited until I saw your second vid to comment,

Makes perfect sense now doesn't it, christ! It just gets worse!
Gadaffis people weren't down trodden enough for NATO, where are their heads at?!?
I remember seeing/reading/watching similar stories and docos about Saddam, we're the one's who need to wake up.

Will pass these on

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EGH123

Off-topic but kinda on too (it relates to showing one's appreciation for the posted info) and it took me a little head scratching to work out how it worked, after which I had the usual Doh! moment.

To flag a thread, click on the blue "Flag It" text at the top of the 1st page of the thread after which it turns to a red "Unflag", and to star a post you click on the small star (sometimes there are already a few blue ones present with a hollow one ready for clicking, if the post is unstarred only one hollow star outline is visible) that you see. Hope it makes sense, its late.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lukeUK

The womans name is Lizzy Phelan and she has been the Libyan regime's propaganda mouthpiece during the entire conflict. Much of her reporting (which was mostly to RT of course) was outright laughable, she reminded me of this character

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

The end of that speech smacks of speaking through the corner of her mouth.

I don't buy it.

With this kind of thing, you have to read between the lines.

I would look at: where is she getting her money, who are her friends, where has she lived, etc.

Nice video, nonetheless. It's a window into this persons mind.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Well, I figured that much. Not surprised. The end of the speech is what really grabbed me.

She was basically giving her support to the worst of people.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by lukeUK

Thanks for uploading this. People need a break from mainstream media propaganda

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
LOL. She sounds like a Female, 'Sarf Larndun' version of Gorgeous George Galloway. Without any of his redeeming features, no humour, no character, no bite.

Good post, although as someone else said she's hardly a clean skin. This would be far more credible a testimony were it to come from someone else.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
You know ...this is so tragic watching the video of the young woman telling her experience .

We have so degraded our countries into the abyss of horror by not having a say , a voice in stopping our western governments committing crimes against humanity in these non conforming countries.

Everyone is waiting , looking for the anti christ , but the anti christ is here in all these grossly immoral actions of our nefarious overlords who do not have the seed of goodness in their hearts , but who dwell in the abyss of hell and wish to drag everyone else down there too.

Such envy in their hearts that they could not stand that people were happy and properous in their own self determined country .
The abyss has opened its mouth and all are falling in .

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
reply to post by lukeUK

The womans name is Lizzy Phelan and she has been the Libyan regime's propaganda mouthpiece during the entire conflict. Much of her reporting (which was mostly to RT of course) was outright laughable, she reminded me of this character

How's the Kool Aid tasting?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join