It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Encounters - Astral Theory For Dummies!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Introduction

I often find myself grinding my teeth at claims of ATS members that "aliens are demons" or "minions of Satan" and theories that "Radio waves attracted ET presence onto Earth", so forth and so on, so I guess it's my turn to damage ATS member dental health with this thread!

Just like tribes living on the Amazon basin explain, or rather experince their alien encounters and various paranormal activities as "dead ancestors" and "spirits of nature", 21st century western civilization - a society which bases it's worldview on the fundamental idea that the world is made of physical objects , hence the study of objects (science) constitutes knowledge of reality - experiences their encounters as creatures who build machines in a way similar to ours and use them to travel through the universe. Not only that, but I am shocked that some people still fathom the idea that ET presence here has as it's goal to steal our natural resources and make us their slaves for physical labor!

It doesn't make any sense. What would a civilization that developed the technology to traverse the the space-time continuum faster than the speed of light do with coal, oil or human labor? These are irrational fears, reflections of our own collective mind.

Why does a civilization that has developed the technology to walk through walls, read, erase and implant memory, jump through dimensions and create genetic hybrids need to perform the brutish surgical operations often described in abduction accounts? Yet this is what people report, both on their own and in hypnotic regressions.

This is all preposterous. My take on this whole situation is that these are all merely symbols, reflections of our own collective idea on how the world works, which are none the less based on some very real interaction with some kind of higher intelligence.

It is an uphill battle to try and dismount the materialistic worldview in the eyes of the ATS community, that's not my goal here. My goal is to merely suggest that we are dealing with a phenomenon which requires an entirely new paradigm. While science and physical technology is a good thing as has to a certain degree helped us evolve, my perspective is that we just now barely crawling out of the cave and the next step in our evolution is the merging, and hence the exploration of the TANGIBLE AND COHERENT WORLD OF THE IMAGINATION. My perspective is that magick is indeed real.. in the same way the physical world we observe is real. Not only that, but there is a mechanical relationship between the two polarities of reality - rationality/waking life and intuition/higher imagination and the exploration of that relationship is our goal, should we ever grasp the truth behind the ET phenomenon.

Now please try and fathom the following:
Scientists believe the "Big Bang" happened approximately 13.5 billion years ago. The Earth was formed approximately 4.54 billion years ago.

I made a couple of graphs to put our development so far in perspective. They're kind of sloppy but they do the job

What the point of these graphs is - our evolution is getting faster.. and faster.... and faster......

If circumstances for the development of carbon-based life have existed for billions of years in the universe and there is a general tendency for evolution to speed up, what will a civilization 100 years ahead of us look like? How about 1000 years? 100 000? 1 000 000? 5 000 000 000????

For us to claim understanding of a civilization a few thousand years ahead is probably like an amoeba making a dissertation on normative political science. It's downright hilarious to contemplate it.

The only adequate thing we can do is try and keep an open mind, pay attention to the raw data we are receiving from the interactions and try to attune ourselves to what is being communicated and the way it is being communicated.

Astral Realms, Astral Projection, Dreaming and Alien Encounters

Astral Realms

en.wikipedia.org...

The astral plane, also called the astral world, is a plane of existence postulated by classical (particularly neo-Platonic), medieval, oriental and esoteric philosophies and mystery religions.[1] It is the world of the planetary spheres, crossed by the soul in its astral body on the way to being born and after death, and generally said to be populated by angels, spirits or other immaterial beings

According to occult teachings the astral plane can be visited consciously through astral projection, meditation and mantra, near death experience, lucid dreaming, or other means. Individuals that are trained in the use of the astral vehicle can separate their consciousness in the astral vehicle from the physical body at will.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

The astral planes are, in my opinion, an energetically generated reflection of universal consciousness. They have definite form, order, and structure and are one of the true wonders of our incredible multidimensional universe. The structure of the astral planes can be clearly observed, and even used for navigational purposes, if they are approached from the correct energetic "angle of perception". This is my term for the angle at which a projector perceives the astral planes through the direct mind-senses of his or her projectable double. Perception angles vary from projector to projector, with tube-type and plane-type angles of perception being by far the most common. The angle of perception is set by the projectors' energetic makeup and activity during a projection, and is also affected by their belief system.

I therefore base my version of the structure of the astral planes on my own experience. Exploring and mapping the astral planes is like trying to explore a whole planet on foot, without maps or instruments. It cannot be done during any single projection. It would have to be done over a great length of time, by highly skilled projectors with good shadow memory recall and excellent organizational and recording skills. Astral planes are complex, multilayered, energetically generated dimensional environments with variable perception-based aspects.

A tongue twister, I know, but accurate all the same. The way the astral planes and their contents are perceived, experienced, and remembered can be extremely variable, depending greatly on the projector's level of energetic activity at the time of projection, and on the state of their belief system, their level of consciousness at the time of projection, and the state of their base level of consciousness. ... All this affects how the physical brain works, and how much of what is perceived during a projection the brain is capable of storing as a recognizable memory. After all, the only thing left after a projection is the memory of it, which will be perceived, interpreted, and recalled by the base level of consciousness only.

I wanted to quote a lot more, but you can just visit the link and read up.
edit on 25-10-2011 by falseveils because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Drawing some parallels between Astral Projection and Alien Abduction

Commonly experienced going into Astral Projection / OBE:
- buzzing noise in ears
- crackling noises/electric noises
- flashes of light
- paralysis

Commonly experienced in Alien Abductions:
- buzzing noise in ears
- flashes of light
- paralysis
- “electrified” feeling in the body

Commonly experienced in deep meditation:
- buzzing noise in ears
- “electrified” feeling in the body

In metaphysical terms, this “buzzing noises” are explained as “raising in the frequency of consciousness” and I have first hand experienced them in meditation and various other “occult” practices. As a matter of fact, the loudness and pitch of the buzzing is an indicator of the quality of implementation of the technique. After a certain point, in most of these practices a “breakthrough” point is achieved and visions/hallucinations occur. Or in the case of AP – travel in the astral realms.

astralprojectionguides.com...
www.stevepavlina.com...
--------------------
www.scribd.com...
www.abduct.com...
www.abduct.com...
--------------------
www.associatedcontent.com...

The Communication

The astral planes encompass a large variety of beings – some perceived as positive, some as negative, some as barely interested or even disturbed of our presence.

It is interesting that although each experience is unique, often there are reoccurring themes in what is being handed down as information. Most positive interactions where communication occurs are associated not with knowledge of physics, chemistry or medicine, but of spiritual knowledge, wisdom and technique.

The Bridge (or – what doesn’t fit the astral)

While most encounters happen in the astral, some reportedly do not. People claim to be abducted when they were alone in the forest or other remote areas, some claim to be abducted while on the road, some claim to wake up in odd places after an abduction, some people claim there are implants. There are also many reports of group abductions.

And, obviously there is the issue of UFO sightings. And although most reported sightings are of lights, some people claim seeing actual physical craft.

So there is a bridge. There is a relationship between what happens in the astral and some of the para-normal occurrences in physical reality.

What the relationship is remains to be understood.

My personal experience, conclusions and advice on the subject:

I have my own experience with ETs and I suspect other astral beings. For a certain period of time this interaction was one of fear, abuse and sheer terror. It did involve what is commonly referred to as “the greys”, a group which I now regard as generally negative and very invasive.

Although I’ve had strange experiences my whole life, this thread isn’t about me. My true initiation was sparked by following a thread by ATS member AlienAgenda and the technique given to “communicate” and “enter the thought stream” of the grey collective mind. (if I’m not mistaken the thread was named “Proof positive of alien contact” and several people claimed variable success (it was an extremely long thread, you probably won’t be able to read it’s entirety in one day))

After a long period of struggle, pain and healing I managed to put the situation in control, although what did persist is frequent UFO sightings and weird dreams.

Through studying the subject and experimenting I discovered that there was a direct relationship between my state of mind, spiritual work, occult practices and the frequency of UFO sightings. At one point I saw UFOs so often and so many different kinds that I was afraid I might be going schizophrenic and having hallucinations. Later on I got witnesses. And, when I stopped pursuing it, sightings drastically diminished as did other oddities. What started out as a train wreck of an experience has inspired my transformation from an atheist rationalist, reductionist with faith in the ability of science to describe the world around me to someone with interest both in spiritual development and exploration as well.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

A word of warning to you would-be travelers and explorers of the imagination:

Do not rush into these things. Especially don’t do it just to see if something will happen.

(1) Study; (2) Study more; (3) Reflect; (4) Practice (5) Goto 1.

As many skilled astral travelers will tell you many malevolent entities inhabit these realms of the imagination and many will deceive you even if the interaction is perceived to be positive.

You must have the proper technique to protect your aura and energy and shield yourself from unwelcome interference. Do not trust anyone. Not spiritual teachers, not gurus, not cults, no one. Trust only yourself, your intuition and have some strong faith in the higher Goodness that permeates and holds together all orders of magnitude of reality. I know this must sound ridiculous to many of you, but this is the only adequate advice I can come up with at this point of time.

“A smart man learns from his mistakes, a wise man learns from others’ mistakes”

An archetype approach: elves, aliens, angels, demons, ghosts, energy spirits

In exploring the nature of the subject, I suggest getting acquainted with the notion of archetypes.. Carl Jung is an outstanding introduction to the subject.

If we are, in fact, dealing with higher intelligences and spirits, what we must do in our explorations, in trying to decipher their message and touch the inner core of their essence is work our way through the illusions and barriers imposed by cultural programming and ordinary perception. Thus, the power of the “archetype” notion and the reasoning based on archetypes.

en.wikipedia.org...

According to psychiatrist Carl Jung, archetypes are innate universal psychic dispositions that form the substrate from which the basic symbols or representations of unconscious experience emerge. "

Jung proposed that the archetype had a dual nature: it exists both in the psyche and in the world at large. He called this non-psychic aspect of the archetype the "psychoid" archetype. He illustrated this by drawing on the analogy of the electromagnetic spectrum. The part of the spectrum which is visible to us corresponds to the conscious aspects of the archetype. The invisible infra-red end of the spectrum corresponds to the unconscious biological aspects of the archetype that merges with its chemical and physical conditions.[18] He suggested that not only do the archetypal structures govern the behavior of all living organisms, but that they were contiguous with structures controlling the behavior of organic matter as well. The archetype was not merely a psychic entity, but more fundamentally, a bridge to matter in general.[19] Jung used the term unus mundus to describe the unitary reality which he believed underlay all manifest phenomena. He conceived archetypes to be the mediators of the unus mundus, organizing not only ideas in the psyche, but also the fundamental principles of matter and energy in the physical world.

It is only possible to live the fullest life when we are in harmony with these symbols; wisdom is a return to them (CW8:794).
[For the alchemists] they were seeds of light broadcast in the chaos…the seed plot of a world to come…One would have to conclude from these alchemical visions that the archetypes have about them a certain effulgence or quasi-consciousness, and that numinosity entails luminosity (CW8:388).

I wanted to quote a lot more, but I understand there are strict rules on this. Please, please at least read the entire Wikipedia article, it’s wonderful and very thought-provoking

This is all from me for now.. I’m tired and my lungs hurt from smoking so much cigarettes.

I’ll be happy to read your thoughts, comments, criticism and random flaming

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Terrence McKenna was an amazing thinker.
Don't you think dmt is connected to all of this ?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rom12345

Yes, he was!
And yes, I do!

However, ATS has an extremely ABSURD AND STRICT policy on discussing or even posting links about substances which are illegal in some countries.

I am not sharing some of the most valuable information I have attained about the phenomenon because of these policies.

I think posting a wikipedia article on a neurotransmitter that is present in the human body and all kinds of organisms on this planet is okay, but please do not further the discussion in that particular direction.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
You're pretty sure of yourself, so I gave you a listen. You didn't really, imo, make much of a case so I don't know why you feel your viewpoint is superior.

Posting Bashar vids put the icing on the cake. I've known and associated with some folk who were channeling and I gotta be honest and say their lives were often a mess and they were more often than not fed false information by their perceived "friends."

I agree that what most folk are experiencing are not ET but some overlap with the inter/extra/hyper dimensional.

The following vid series speaks with former and practicing channelers and I think most will find the series fascinating.

Psst OP: Be careful who you invite into your life/body...they just might be demons.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
So am i correct in assuming you are correlating typical abduction reports with inadvertent astral travel? If you are then this is something I have pondered for years. I don't know what percentage of reports would fall into this category, but I like your analysis:

." My take on this whole situation is that these are all merely symbols, reflections of our own collective idea on how the world works, which are none the less based on some very real interaction with some kind of higher intelligence."

I ve been thinking along similar lines - for instance the similarity between abduction reports and shamanic initiatory visions - such as the theme of the tearing apart of the body and reconstruction (invasive medical procedures), implants (have read a case involving Australian aboriginal shamans for instance where a quartz crystal was ritually passed down from shaman to shaman and embedded in the abdominal region) which things for a western person is of course happen in a medical setting, which also relates to our healing paradigms. Jungs psychoid has stuck with me for some time now as well, a kind of literal breaking of the mind/body duality by simply combining them (which for me has connections to probability theory, and the metaphysical status of a probable event),

Read a book called "Close Encounters of the Fourth Kind" years ago in which a study was reported that showed that one of the few difference between abductee experiencers and so called normal people was a tendency to spontaneously go into light trances on a frequent basis. There is the correlation between OBE experiencers, abductees , and early abuse.

In a lot of ways abduction experiences seen in this way are a rather critical critique of western consciousness in concentrated form.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Well, implying I think my viewpoint is superior is an attack itself! So I guess you're a bad person. Maybe you're a demon?

Just kidding.. I have my own doubts about the nature or channeling and I know many people here especially hate Bashar videos, but I feel these ones contain valuable information, which can be taken at face value as ideas and relate to the subject one way or another. My own humble "attempts" at channeling have lead to some disturbing experiences and were shortly put to a stop. I'll have to see your videos a bit later since my internet connection is TERRIBLE at this moment.

I didn't see you, however, put some effort in trying to pinpoint some concrete ideas in your criticism. I would appreciate it if you did that

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightspore

Yes, your assumption is correct.

What percentage of interactions fall in the category of astral experiences is hard to estimate, but I'd say MOST, having read many accounts on ATS, on other websites, having my own, etc, etc..

I'll take a look at the book, but I have a lot pending on my reading list and from time to time I have to engage in some boring, non-fulfilling activities to put some food on the table, so I'm afraid I won't be giving you feedback on it shortly.

Western society can learn a lot from preliterate, less technologically advanced cultures, since they are indeed, much more in touch with the spirit world. Some of them have commented that western society is literally sick. The disease is called disconnection with the spirit realm and it has an extremely low survival rate.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by falseveils

My apologies for not adding more. And thank you for elucidating your viewpoint as I understand better now where you are coming from.

My main concern is the promotion of channeling. While people claim in writing and on the internet that it has been beneficial for them, you will also find them at times discussing just how distressing the experience can be initially.

The ones that have continued the practice, then encourage others to push past that "fear" barrier and that's where my main concern comes in.

In addition, channelled messages are notorious for their almost unanimous quality of never being able to actually pinpoint any important information.

I believe that 'they' exist and that they are not ET, beyond that they seem to be--for the most part--liars and as such should probably be avoided.

I do think you will find the vids fascinating. The author interviewed in them is Joe Fischer. He commited suicide a few years back and claimed that even after he distanced himself from channelling the entities never left him alone.

Maybe he was just a nutcase, but then again maybe he did open some doors that are hard or impossible to close? Peace.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I must say OP that I do like the Bashar videos you posted as I have taken them at face value and have found them profound in basic understandings of the way humanity works. I have watched all of Bashars vids and found them helpful in, "Knowing myself and what I believe" I do believe the channelling of the ET Essassani people through Darryl Anka, via the entity Bashar is genuine

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

I'm glad you liked them

As I previously stated, I have my doubts on the nature of channeling and the value of channeled information in general.. this subject deserves a thread of it's own.

More description of feelings associated with astral travel:
www.muse-net.com...

A lot of pondering and different perspectives on the correlation of astral travel and alien encounters:
www.robertpeterson.org...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I have a great deal of distrust for channeling. I have always had the feeling that I should never open myself and let another being inside of me. I didn't always listen - for a while I allowed my brother to walk with me, though I never 'stepped aside' like classic channels - I was always there, waiting to resume control if things got out of hand. By the way, my brother is a terrible cook.

But both he and I agreed that channeling made us uncomfortable and that we didn't want to do it. He's defended me several times against things that wanted to take control of me. My brother, by the way, is not incarnated. He's my brother from a previous existence and we've been together a very long time. I incarnate and he protects me from things I can't defend myself against as a human. (I have a human brother, and he's a great guy, but no interest in anything metaphysical.)

I have a friend who channels, and he claims to channel my brother, but my brother doesn't agree. The entity he channels says things that my brother is unlikely to say. It makes predictions and talks a lot of "peace, love, and open yourself to the ascended masters", and I've never trusted it. My brother doesn't say anything about peace and love and frequently insists that he is not an oracle when asked to tell the future. He is adamant about not opening one's self to other spirits. He also thinks these 'ascended masters' are a bunch of losers. I've tried to tell my friend that I don't think he's talking to my brother, but he won't hear me. I worry for him. He's wide open to anything coming along spouting the 'correct' message of love, light, and carebears that I don't think he's able to distinguish between malevolent liars and benevolent beings. IF benevolent beings even utilize channelers.

I can't consciously astral project, though supposedly I do it in my sleep quite frequently. I'm not blessed with the memory of these events, or conscious control over them. I've been inclined to suspect it isn't actually going on, but I've had, on more than one occasion, complete strangers from another country email me saying I'd given them my email address on the astral plane (this was back in the 90s so before I really had an internet presence), and friends report seeing me in their OWN at-will OOBEs, and describing how I look (I know how I look there, and it's not how I look here), without being prompted or told ahead of time. It's happened enough to throw doubt both to the idea that I'm not actually doing it, or the idea that neither is anyone else. Actually, I really wish I COULD consciously project, but I just don't seem to be able to.

I know full well that there's a lot of BAD things out there. Things that will hurt you, devour you, or try to take over your physical existence. There's also good things. It's not always easy to tell, though those things that seem outright bad usually are. The tricky ones are the ones that pretend to be your friends.

Is there a way to tell for sure? I don't know. I trust no one 'out there' unless they give me good reason for it. I know it isn't all 'demons', or whatever you want to call the malevolent ones. There's good ones, and there's ones that don't care about us one way or another, and there's ones who aren't necessarily good or evil but who like to prank humans. And there is way more than just two species - demon/angel.

OP, do you know a reliable way to trigger an astral travel? Sometime I'd like to go out consciously, when I can actually remember, and see for myself if it's all a load of delusional horse# or for real.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by errihu

Well, errihu, let me start by saying that I am by NO means an expert on the subject by any decent standard, so take my word with a bucket of salt.. I mean it.

Astral Projection like any other skill has people who are naturals at it and some people who are just swimming against the flow.. you seem to be leaning towards the former to one degree or another, that's the way I feel it anyway.

Developing the skills for conscious AP is a long-term effort with long-term results, you cannot possibly expect anyone to give you a 7 day course or some super-technique to get you going. Rather, like in martial arts you have to pay very close attention to the simple things and practice them to insanity, until they are second nature to you. It sounds easy, but it actually requires a lot of discipline to master the techniques of deep relaxation, breathing, clearing your mind, paying attention to what exactly is happening in your mind. AP is a high art, so you have to practice the fundamental techniques and then build on top of that if you expect to get any consistent, coherent results.

Now, I got a book called "A Course in Astral Travel and Dreams" by Beelzebub. While his methodology for teaching the simple stuff was very well written and comprehensive, I got a very bad vibe from this guy later on.. he seems to try and persuade the reader in subtly accepting some kind of cult-like doctrine, carefully and slowly.

I prefer Robert Bruce's work, there's plenty to read here - www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

I can see you're not a novice at this stuff, but I feel obliged to once again stress how important it is to not do something if you get a bad vibe from it. Just trust your intuition and have faith in the higher Good, not some astral critter who might be up to who knows what kind of cosmic shenannigans..

Other than that, sorry.. I've yet to discover some easy way to have conscious APs at will, it just takes time and effort like most things worth doing in life

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by falseveils

although some ET encounters are probably dreams, a lot are wide awake when they see UFOs and, some, eventually their occupants.

That said, here is the latest info on OOBEs "alien" encounter:

Mass Alien Abduction Experiment in Los Angeles

Many were contacted by “aliens” during an experiment conducted by the OOBE Research Center at UCLA. It was the first experiment to ever prove that close encounters with UFOs and extraterrestrials are a product of the human mind.

Alien Abduction Experiment

(Press Release PDF)

It has long been theorized that encounters with extraterrestrials are nearly always the result of spontaneous out-of-body experience. The OOBE Research Center has proven this by means of an experiment. FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!

Practical Guidebook (SOBT)

This FREE ebook is the result of our study of the phase phenomenon. It’s about how to achieve it, how to control it, and how to use it in everyday life. All facts presented in this book have been proven by vast numbers of practitioners and years of research around the world. And there’s no theorizing, but only hard facts and methods. There are several translations into other languages, which you can find at the link below (Spanish, Russian, Czech, Bulgarian).

have at it

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
nice

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Wow, that's definitely interesting! I'll have to read up more. I'm not sure where the confrontation of the scientific methodology and astral projection/OBEs will ultimately lead, but it's good to know at least it's not such a tabboo subject as drugs, as to frown upon honest research.

@Xentrik

I've heard of one liner, but a one worder? Come on! Mods delete this kind of post.

new topics

top topics

join