It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wartime Contracting Panel Seals Records for Next 20 Years

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Wikileaks ideologically wants change. It wont go on the offensive and start firebombing government buildings thought. It will publish material. It is not a failure in that. People who ignore the material and attack the messanger are the failure.

no more a failure than those who are blinded by loyalty to wikileaks and assange while using blind hatred of anything government.

wikilekas has accomplished absolutely none, ZERO, of their stated goals, which means their method of approach does not work, which means, they need to rethink their strategy to something more effective and succesful if they wish to meet their stated goals.

A person who doesnt like wikileaks, and a perosn blinded by loyalty to them, can see that problem a mile away. As with any strategy though, if its not changed / adapted, its still a failure.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
reply to post by ModernAcademia

This is further confirmation why we so desperately need an organization like Wikileaks!

If there is to be any change for the betterment of mankind the dark evils must be brought to light and dealt with.
For those who are willing to take a stand in bringing about transparency and truth, we must support those who have risked everything to get the truth out to us.

indeed we need help since it's fairly obvious, with so much corruption worldwide in governments, that they will not give us the evidence we need to hang them.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Blind hatred? Methinks thou doth protest too much, and for the wrong side. But what has government done, in contrast to wikileaks? Lied, cheated, stolen, suppressed, diverted, mis-infoed and lied again. All for profit. Oh yes, and national security lockups for embarrassing things they don't want generally known.

I'll take wikileaks over government info any day of the week. I'm quite in favour of government, at least, an honest one. What we have had for at least the last few centuries has been far from that though.

Unrelated side note: Its also nice to see a thread where the mods are just as opinionated as us regular folk and let loose with that opinion too!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

edit on 25-10-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

Scum scum scum, dananananan
Scum scum scum, danananana
They're all scuuummmm
They're all scuuuuummm yaaaaa

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

FYI, this commission was established under Bush, in 2008 - Obama didn't come into office until January 2009. But nice try. From the OP's link:

Created in Section 841 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008...

Just the military-industrial complex doing what it does best - fleecing the taxpayers and lining the pockets of Congress.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by upstairsjim

There is not statue of limitations if it deals with murder/death. Not sure on theft, though they did return a lot of items that were stolen from WWII, but I think that was for art pieces. As for everything else, the limitations are up after a few years, even rape is in this category. 20 years is more then enough for most of the limitations to expire.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Don't know what you imagine wikileaks to be but it is not an editorial entity like most other media. It is a simple platform for raw data. There isn't much choices as to how to approach this. WL does simply guarantee source anonymity and then publish the data. There has been only one failure in WL regarding that and that was to trust that Daniel rat.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Don't You remember the controversy? Dick Cheny's Old company Halliburton GOT ALL THE CONTRACTS, the Money went to*SNIP* ! Oh there was a little fuss for A few weeks but we weak minded Simpletons forgot about it when Stupid junk like American Idol, and Dancing with the Stars came on.
Halaburton was Involved int he BP Oil Disaster and Profited HUGELY from it too.
remember that? Bought the clean Up company, blew the well head then got the contract to clean it up,..the WHOLE this was a planned money transfer. F.E.M.A. also run by Halaburton got the money form BP OIL, and have yet to Pay out anything more than a Pittance to the people hurt by it. The CIA ( linked to G Bush Sr) owned the chemical company that sprayed the Toxin Corexit. That crap was banned in every other country but ours.
Hell FEMA, even Stepped in on the Quake and tsunami in the Far east, Probably caused by HAARP, and I personally remember the commercial OF Chenny on TV with a Evil SMIRK, saying Don't send blankets or clothing, or canned goods, that is just too much trouble Logistically. Just Send MONEY and well take care of it. BASTARD ! YEAH we see how hes taken care of it,...AND His daughter has the nerve to wrote a book about what an American Hero her daddy is,..Stupid Biach.! I'm Soooo 99% fed up !!! I'm spitting nails.

edit on 10/26/2011 by semperfortis because: Profanity

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

for more of an idea about who's behind wikileaks, check this short video out- www.youtube.com...

as soon as we start relying on third parties we leave ourselves open to manipulation!!

we are the ones we've been waiting for as they say!!

just remember, all thought all action is creative Energy,, every time we use a negative or something self defeatng,, it only serves to empower corporations/banksters agendas.

you may find this interesting- wecreatethelove.ning.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

i thought you're not allowed to name names on ats. the last thread that posted a link to the phone numbers and homes of ceos around the country got 404'd.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
now this is a Subject that I would KACKEL like A loon, if Anonymous hacked and released the files about it to the public.
If they wont tell us WHO will? Awe transparency Schmerancy! take the information!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Corruption is the only reason for this.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
This pretty much proves their blatantly hiding information that they do not want the public to see!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Kind of defeats the whole purpose of the panel in the first place, doesn't it.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
So much for Obama's ``tranparency`` yet again proven a liar liar pants on fire. No big surprise.

Occupy CONGRESS.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AlSwearengen

Getting that info and releasing it in order to force change was wikileaks origional intended goal. When it became a cash cow for Assange, the origional goal changed.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Do you think wikileaks has acheived any of its stated goals?

What about info wikileaks promised to release that has not seen the light of day?

If wikileaks is all about transparency and accountibility, then why do they release mountains of useless info that buries the info that is relevant to their stated goals?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
reply to post by Maxmars

i thought you're not allowed to name names on ats. the last thread that posted a link to the phone numbers and homes of ceos around the country got 404'd.

I suppose that would be true for private citizens conducting their business.

But these are political appointees, calling themselves "public servants" who are functioning on behalf of the American citizens on the public payroll.

Public servants who are reporting this information on their own at www.wartimecontracting.gov... are not betraying themselves or their own privacy. In fact, they are - for all intents and purposes - "advertising" their own ostensible merits and 'qualifications' to conduct this business on behalf of the American people.

Note that no information is listed that they haven't offered up themselves....

I hope that answers your question.
edit on 26-10-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0001391
Corruption is the only reason for this.

Perhaps, perhaps not. I thought long and hard about this and came to the conclusion that there is one reason I can imagine that would cause them to try and restrict the disclosure of their findings.

Systemic graft as a tool of occupation...

In order to secure the cooperation and "loyalty" of foreign elements in the theater of operations, many Iraqi's might have been bribed and cajoled or otherwise "motivated" to ... acquiesce. Aside from putting those 'cooperating' locals in jeopardy if it is discovered that their services were 'bought' (which I can assure you will be characterized as "selling out to the western imperialists") keeping these secrets enables the facts to be used as leverage in the future - should the need arise - to secure future 'accommodations.'

I cannot say that I agree with such a practice ( it is only a supposition on my part, after all) but I can see that standing as some flimsy excuse to justify not reporting what they were mandated by the law to report.

Of course, you DO realize that this seems to be a trend with the Republican and Democrat parties right?

Their commissions NEVER seem to actually "deliver" ..... go figure...
edit on 26-10-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Might I politely suggest that those of you wishing to discuss Mr. Assange and his enterprise please start a different thread for that. It has nothing to do with the OP. Off-topic discussions only dilute the OP.... I'm sure that can't be your intention.., right?

<< 1    3 >>

join