It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wartime Contracting Panel Seals Records for Next 20 Years

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Wartime Contracting Panel Seals Records for Next 20 Years

www.allgov.com

Established by Congress to investigate and expose government waste, the Commission on Wartime Contracting in Iraq and Afghanistan has decided to not reveal its volumes of materials to the public for another two decades.

After three years of work, the commission officially shut down last week, having concluded that the U.S. misspent between $31 billion and $60 billion in contracting for services in Iraq and Afghanistan.

But it won’t allow its records to be opened for public review at the
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
online.wsj.com
www.allgov.com
www.allgov.com
[url=http://www.allgov.com/Where_is_the_Money_Going/ViewNews/Majority_of_Pentagon_Weapons_Contracts_Go_Over_Cost_Estimates_110728]www.allgov.com[/ur l]

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
That's transparency for you, nothing to see here right?
I think when they say "sensitive information" they really mean "high exposing information that might actually cause accountability or end this highly lucrative war".

War lobbyists, international bankers, lawmakers, cabinet execs and even the president himself are all involved.

It may be that they found something so damning that they just had to pull this move.

If anything rather than being frustrated should instead be frightened?

www.allgov.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Need I say more.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This is yet more piece of proof that our Government is a Criminal Organization. They will not reveal who STOLE the money! The American public finally gets PROOF of who all was involved in dirty dealings and the records get sealed....... In 20 years no one will care and with any luck Dick Cheney will be dead so once again, NO ACCOUNTABILITY!!!!! I am so pissed off right now.

If I am wrong and there really is an afterlife Bush, Cheney, Obama, you all better hope I get forgiven for my sins or I will ask Satan himself to lock me alone in a room with you for a few decades. Of course the line is pretty long so it may take a while, but I am patient. Then again with my luck you bought him off also..............

There is no winning any more.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
My question is this: If the information will be hidden from us for the next twenty years, and if crimes have been committed, would this twenty year period run past the statute of limitations on these crimes ?

I don't have a clue. Does anybody else care to comment on this question ?

Thanks

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
My only question is how do they have the authority to render such a classification... which is the equivalent of Top Secret? What possible 'secret' could there be in there? Exactly who is it that they are protecting'?

I can not believe this will stand unchallenged.... especially after we have spent the last couple of decades being ripped off by mega corporations..., some of whom moved their 'headquarters' out of the country.

Were I of a conspiratorial mind, I would almost suspect that there is another 'state' on our planet... a secret one... a corporate one....

Or perhaps it a club... "And we ain't in it!" (R.I.P. G. Carlin)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SkyMuerte

wow, I didnt think of that
Those commiting war crimes will be dead by the time this information gets released

no transparency, not accountability just executive orders and targeted killings

killing for religion & killing for power
how is what Obama is doing different from a fatwa?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
So they are hiding the duplicity for aiding terrorism and paying off Government Officials?

$31-$60 billion is chump change compared to other Government Fraud and abuse not trying to take away from stupid crap here but it's a given no matter what part of Government one look's at.

One thing to be aware of when it comes to "shrinking the military" their will be a corresponding rise to "government contractors".

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I don't see anything in the legislation establishing this committee that empowers them to make such a fundmental change to their requirement to report:

(3) FINAL REPORT.-Not later than two years after the date of the appointment of all of the members of the Commission under subsection (b), the Commission shall submit to Congress a final report on the study carried out under subsection (c). The report shall-

(A) include the findings of the Commission;

(B) identify lessons learned relating to contingency program management and contingency contracting covered by the study; and

(C) include specific recommendations for improvements to be made in-

(i) the process for defining requirements and developing statements of work for contracts in contingency contracting;

(ii) the process for awarding contracts and task or delivery orders in contingency contracting;

(iii) the process for contingency program management;

(iv) the process for identifying, addressing, and providing accountability for waste, fraud, and abuse in contingency contracting;

(v) the process for determining which functions are inherently governmental and which functions are appropriate for performance by contractors in a contingency operation (including during combat operations), especially whether providing security in an area of combat operations is inherently governmental;

(vi) the organizational structure, resources, policies, and practices of the Department of Defense and the Department of State for performing contingency program management; and

(vii) the process by which roles and responsibilities with respect to management and oversight of contracts in contingency contracting are distributed among the various departments and agencies of the Federal Government, and interagency coordination and communication mechanisms associated with contingency contracting.

www.wartimecontracting.gov...

If they "hide" the results, they are disobeying the law... no?
edit on 25-10-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

But Congress has immunity for anything they do and they are the one's who write said law's.

Ahh to be king of the hill.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Maxmars

But Congress has immunity for anything they do and they are the one's who write said law's.

Oh right. How foolish of me to question the overlords....

I wonder how many of these people are on the campaign trail as we speak?

Here are the heroes of the day.... (at least as far as the military industrial complex is concerned)

And here are their collective resumes..... very scary indeed.... (when I said Military industrial complex earlier I had no idea how close to the truth I was...)

Navigant Consulting, Director, 2007 – 2008;
Unisys Federal Systems, Chief Compliance Officer, 2005 – 2006;
Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA), Deputy Director, 1973 – 2005.
U.S. Representative from Connecticut's 4th Congressional District, 1987-2009.
Representative, Connecticut General Assembly, 1975-1987.
Peace Corps volunteer, 1968-1970.
The Aspen Institute – Director, Homeland Security Program, 2005-present;
Clear Path Technologies, LLC – Member, Board of Advisors, 2008;
CNN – National Security Analyst, 2005-Present;
Locke, Liddell, & Sapp, LLP – Lawyer, 1993-1995;
Vinson & Elkins, LLP – Lawyer, 1985-1989.
Global Marketing and Development Solutions Inc. (GMDS), Chairman, 2005-present;
"America Supports You Fund”, President, 2007-present;
Member, Advisory Group, Budget of the Future for the Department of State, 2007-present;
Under Secretary of State for Management, 2001-2005.
GMDS, Chairman and President, 1996-2000;
Major Consulting and Marketing Company, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, 1989-1996;
Assistant Secretary of Defense, 1988-1989.
President Ronald Reagan, Special Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs, and Executive Secretary for the National Security Council, 1986-1988.
Sears World Trade (SWT), several senior management positions, 1983-1986.
Robert J. Henke was nominated and confirmed in 2005 to serve as Assistant Secretary for Management at the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and served in that position until January 2009.
Ms. Schinasi is currently a senior advisor to The Conference Board, a non-profit research organization in New York City.
University of Baltimore School of Law, Professor of Law, 1995-present.
U.S. House of Representatives:
General Counsel (Acting) 1993-1994;
Solicitor and Deputy General Counsel, 1984-1995.
U.S. Senate, Assistant Senate Legal Counsel, 1979-84;
U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division, Trial Attorney, 1978-1979;
U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, Law Clerk, 1977-1978.
Senior Fellow, CNA Corporation, 2010-present
Senior Advisor, Center for Strategic and International Studies, 2010-present
Senior Vice President, Booz Allen Hamilton, 2004-2010
Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller) and Chief Financial Officer, 2001-2004
System Planning Corporation - Corporate Vice President, and SPC International Corp.- Chief Executive Officer, 1987-2001;
Deputy Under Secretary of Defense (Planning and Resources), 1985-1987.
Department of Defense – various Senior Executive Service positions, 1981-1985;
Congressional Budget Office, 1975-81.

edit on 25-10-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

File a FOIA request and challenge the action.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Dov Zakheim? The same guy who "lost" $2.3 trillion before 9/11 was investigating himself or at best, his cronies?!
I'm so tired of this BS and I swear one more mouthful I will explode.
I better shut up before I get myself moderated right out of the door.

link   

reply to post by Maxmars

Actually Congress doesnt. they are only immune from prosecution while they are sitting members. In order to prosecute one of 2 things must occur -

The representative finishes out their term and is not re-elected.
The House / Senate ethics committee sustains the complaints, strips them of their seat and removes them.

If its worth it, then people should challenge it and demand answers. dont just let them get away with it by declaring defeat before even joining the battle.

link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Dov Zakheim? The same guy who "lost" $2.3 trillion before 9/11 was investigating himself or at best, his cronies?!
I'm so tired of this BS and I swear one more mouthful I will explode.
I better shut up before I get myself moderated right out of the door.

The 2.3 trillion dated back to the 1970s to present. People really should read all of that info before making the claims.

Respectfully

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

See remember Charles rangel and Maxine Waters? Still there and key were choice is "sitting members"

and we all know many of them have been there for decades.

In theory yes practice not so much.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Xcathdra

See remember Charles rangel and Maxine Waters? Still there and key were choice is "sitting members"

and we all know many of them have been there for decades.

In theory yes practice not so much.

Only because we make that comment and dont try. That seems to be our response to anything our government does that we dont like.

We need to get out of that mindset.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

This is further confirmation why we so desperately need an organization like Wikileaks!

If there is to be any change for the betterment of mankind the dark evils must be brought to light and dealt with.
For those who are willing to take a stand in bringing about transparency and truth, we must support those who have risked everything to get the truth out to us.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

This is further confirmation why we so desperately need an organization like Wikileaks!

If there is to be any change for the betterment of mankind the dark evils must be brought to light and dealt with.
For those who are willing to take a stand in bringing about transparency and truth, we must support those who have risked everything to get the truth out to us.

Wikileaks has been a failure when it comes to change.

We should never, ever, rely on a third party to to make a stand on our behalf. If those third parties wish to support the people who make a stand thats different.

If the people want change, the people must be the ones to be on the front lines.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Wikileaks ideologically wants change. It wont go on the offensive and start firebombing government buildings thought. It will publish material. It is not a failure in that. People who ignore the material and attack the messanger are the failure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join