It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Are the 72 virgins self-aware?

page: 1
3
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I don't think anyone has ever addressed this important issue.


If the 72 virgins of Islam are not self-aware / conscious / sentient, how would they be any better than really lifelike blow-up dolls or cold heartless androids?

If they are self-aware, where did they come from? If there's going to be 72 per man, that's kind of a lot. So they probably didn't come from earth. Do they just get born into paradise? If so, how does one go about applying to be one of them? It sounds like it might be a nice life.

Sadly, the portent of this question has been made slightly less portentious by the realization that the 72 virgins are, in all probability, just a myth, even if Islam is true.

So the real conspiracy question is, who perpetuated this myth about Islam among Westerners, a myth that apparently Muslims themselves do not believe in? Is it all part of divide-and-conquer, making us think that Muslims believe ridiculous things that they actually don't, just like Muslims seem to believe that Americans are all as absurdly self-centered as Hollywood characters?



posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It is a deceit tool to trick those minds who want to support Islam. Thing is if your down for a religious cause then having a large amount of women at your disposal should not be on your mind and should not drive you. I think the brainwashers of the youth in Islamic regions use this trick to attack their young consciousness with SEX.. Very sad mind games here..
edit on 10/25/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by elliotmtl
 


I can't imagine that these (fictional) virgins are self aware.
What woman in her right mind waits around for a corpse to take her virginity?
Doesn't sound like heaven to me!

The more important question is where do these virgins go when they aren't virgins anymore? What's the man left with after all 72 have been deflowered?
Who cares though. He's still dead.



posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hope this works, I don't know how to put pics on here yet

edit on 25-10-2011 by freespirit1 because: (no reason given)


images2.wikia.nocookie.net...
edit on 25-10-2011 by freespirit1 because: (no reason given)


Maybe these are the virgins??
edit on 25-10-2011 by freespirit1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Well, according to the wikipedia article (yes that's the sad extent of my reading), there is absolutely no basis in Muhammad's writing for there being 72 virgins at all. The quote says 72 "wives" and the quote itself is questionable. So where did the virgins part even come from? Do we have any tangible evidence outside of Western media that any real Muslims actually believe that?



posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
If I remember the story correctly, parents were paid to send their sons to a "training" camp where they would be held in the highest esteem and the parents received a nice home in return.
Once the 12 (I'll have to check on this number) boys got to the camp, they were given drink that was laced with drugs and went to bed. During the night, the boys were moved to a room where beautiful women and food was placed all around them. When they awoke, they were told they were dead and they were in heaven, but it wasn't their time and had to return to their lives to fulfill their missions. They were then told that they were going to be given orders upon their return to their bodies and if they carried out these orders, they would return to heaven to be with the women. They were then allowed to eat and drink, but the drink was again laced with drugs.
After they all passed out again, they were carried back to their beds.
When they all awoke, they discussed their "dreams" and were astonished to learn that they had all gone to heaven and given the same message.
They soon learned that their orders were to be assassins.
As long as they killed the people they were told to, they would go to heaven to be with the beautiful women.

Nice story, huh?
If it did happen, it was an ingenius plan to make a person do whatever it is you wanted.
Imagine their surprise when they do die.



posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by elliotmtl

If they are self-aware, where did they come from? If there's going to be 72 per man, that's kind of a lot. So they probably didn't come from earth. Do they just get born into paradise? If so, how does one go about applying to be one of them? It sounds like it might be a nice life.


I've always considered this to be fiction, much like the rest of most religious mumbo jumbo.

I have always wondered though, in the back of my mind, what happens to them after they are no longer virgins? Do they magically re-grow a hymen?

Damn, talk about being in hell for eternity!



posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Along these lines?:





Funny Questions about the 72 virgins:
Like:


38. Instead of 72 guys, would a female bomber settle for 1 man who does dishes and garbage?
42. Eternity is long, and eventually he'll grow bored of his 72 women. What happens then?
47. What should he say if one of the virgins asks "Does this Burka make me look fat?"





posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
If I remember the story correctly, parents were paid to send their sons to a "training" camp where they would be held in the highest esteem and the parents received a nice home in return.
Once the 12 (I'll have to check on this number) boys got to the camp, they were given drink that was laced with drugs and went to bed. During the night, the boys were moved to a room where beautiful women and food was placed all around them. When they awoke, they were told they were dead and they were in heaven, but it wasn't their time and had to return to their lives to fulfill their missions. They were then told that they were going to be given orders upon their return to their bodies and if they carried out these orders, they would return to heaven to be with the women. They were then allowed to eat and drink, but the drink was again laced with drugs.
After they all passed out again, they were carried back to their beds.
When they all awoke, they discussed their "dreams" and were astonished to learn that they had all gone to heaven and given the same message.
They soon learned that their orders were to be assassins.
As long as they killed the people they were told to, they would go to heaven to be with the beautiful women.

Nice story, huh?
If it did happen, it was an ingenius plan to make a person do whatever it is you wanted.
Imagine their surprise when they do die.



If you remember correctly? ARGHH! Im jumping in my seat wishing to know where that story came from!!!!
It sure sounds possible. Just think of all the opium they probably used for that one! Yes I agree, ingenious!!



posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Imagine they all had PMS at the same time?

Heaven can turn to hell pretty fast



posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by elliotmtl
If they are self-aware, where did they come from?

The local village barn. Nobody said they'd be human virgins.




posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by elliotmtl
 


Uh, firstly, the Muslims, at least the ones who strap bombs on themselves and "die for Allah" do believe this. Secondly, it's a bunch of crappolla....Like most of organized religion is. Self-spirituality is the only path to truth.



posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise
 


I'll try to look for the story. I just wish I could remember where I read it.
I may have seen it on the Internet or it may be in one of the books in my library.
I'll post when I locate it.



posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Do they need to eat, too? The food bill would be a killer. Never mind when that monthly visitor comes around. Sometimes, I can't handle the women who already live with me.

I really wasn't aware that westerners created the 72 virgins deal, and that it wasn't part of Islam. You gave me something to research today. Thank you.


edit on 25-10-2011 by tamusan because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise
 


This is the best I have been able to locate for the moment.


There are a myriad of theories as to how the Assassins actually trained their members. Some travelers posit that the members were drugged to simulate a death-like experience, and awoke in a garden surrounded by an abundance of fine food and beautiful servants. Given a taste of “heaven,” they gladly fought and died for their leader from that day forward. Another theory is that the members were taken at a young age and raised in the heavenly garden. At a certain age they were cast out, and given the ultimatum that if they disobeyed their master they would never be allowed to return.

www.damninteresting.com...

Although it's not exactly what I remember reading, it certianly alludes to the idea that drugs and lies about heaven/paradise were used to seduce boys into becoming assassins.



posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
Imagine they all had PMS at the same time?

Heaven can turn to hell pretty fast


No kidding


I used to work at a pig factory ( 1 week, and I quit ) , and I remember putting the boar in with the sows, it helps get the sows into heat.
Well, after about 20 minutes with a bunch of females, he's almost trying to dig his way out through the cement.......
poor fellow

They didn't think this Islamic heaven through very well, or these young lads just don't have enough life experience to realize this is not heaven.........



posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It's Vegans!

72 Vegans. Its a misprint.



posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This short video presents a very intersting and factual account of the number of virgins, and how they came about. It's well worth watching (only a couple of minutes).

Virgins explained



posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
In the Bible it says we will be like the Angels no need to marry.

Mark 12:25
When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

What goes on up there is your guess but Jesus Christ in no way talks about sex explicitly he is a gentleman not a verbal sexual maniac.
edit on 25-10-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I was hoping to get some inut from an actual believer of islam.

Too bad we are quite short of those here on ATS, we have lots of other religions and members of groups like masons, but none of the islamic faith. There are even mormons here....



new topics

top topics



 
3
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join