It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield 3 First Impressions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
took the week off of work, picked up BF3 at midnight and played for hours. started with some multiplayer, did a little of the campaign, and i can say i am overwhelmed! so very awesome. it plays a lot like BFBC2 but slicker and bigger. it looks amazing, the jets nearly turned my stomach the graphics are so great.

the campaign story hints at a little disenchantment within the military ranks. i thought that was interesting. of course iran is the bad guy.

overall i am extremely impressed and actually worried about how much time this game may suck out of my life. awesome.

any ats members playing BF3 today?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by godWhisperer

About 20 minutes after i get home from work, install times willing. rush map for the beta was the paris metro, I can do without ever playing that map again the rest of my life.

anyways, you said you played some multiplayer, did you happen to play that metro rush map? If so, did they fix the under the map glitch? If not I won't be buying it until they do.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
i did play that map once. i play almost exclusively conquest since BFBC2 and the map was more fun for me in that mode. there are some crazy insane big maps in this game. rush is cool but i really dig the CQ.

not sure how i feel about the merging of the assault and medic classes. i usually play as a medic so maybe i'll just get better guns now.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I am so excited for this! I have been for MONTHS. I've played the hell out of Battlefield 2 (Wake Island 2007) FTW! I am expecting my copy to arrive in the next few hours. When I checked my tracking status on Amazon it was In Transit and about 45 minutes away from me. Can't wait to get to the Battlefield!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by godWhisperer

i did play that map once. i play almost exclusively conquest since BFBC2 and the map was more fun for me in that mode. there are some crazy insane big maps in this game. rush is cool but i really dig the CQ.

I hear ya, I'm glad they setup tiered objectives, but rush just seems to pay people to camp and snipe from bushes, or the aforementioned under the map below the objectives glitch.

i prefer Bf2 style conquest as well, that's when tactics actually count.

i was on the fence about the merged classes up until I started playing. Being able to carry a medkit and even a defibrillator, without gimping yourself as a "medic class" is great. i spent most of the time as a support role gunner laying down ammo packs for everyone (love the XP system that gives you XP for support roles).

The first time I got a "suppression" bonus I was amazed. there's some pretty interesting things going on under the hood for it to actually be able to tell when I suppressed the enemy or just sprayed randomly near them.

I hope my beta unlocks carry over as I've unlocked the mortar but it wasn't available in the Beta, which you don't actually find out until you've unlocked it..... Fail.

I still play BF 1943 on the ps3 on a weekly basis. anyone on PSN feel free to add "phishybongwaters" (might not have the S on the end, don't remember.) so we can dominate and make ATS a presence in BF3
edit on 25-10-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I played the Beta and decided to cancel my pre order.
It isnt released here in the UK until Friday....what a liberty!!!

Dunno if im going to buy it yet...going to play someone elses copy or rent it first.

Feel free to add me guys and gals....i more than likely will buy BF3....my psn is

Mankini-g4ybar

I play BFBC2 most days...i have BF1943 (i think thats the ps3 game?)

edit on 25-10-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Man it pissed me off. I raged so hard last night.

This is how it goes...

Went to work. On lunch i picked it up at the store. Went back to work. Went to the gym. Got home. Started Install.... (this is when it gets bad)

Pop in the cd, have to install some steam like drm crap. Do so. Make an account. Keeps saying wrong password. I click the lost my password thinking i fat fingered it. After 5 minutes get an email. Type in code. Says account doesn't exist. Finally after about 10 minutes, starts working.

Log in, says i have to download. So i keep screwing around trying to install it from cd. Find out evidently, when the cd is in, it "downloads" from the cd. Its only going at 5mb a second...

2 hours later its finally done. Awesome! Click launch... Webbrowser pops up but no game. Try again, same thing. I finally read the popup. Turns out.... everything needs to be launched from a browser.... What the # is this.

Click the multiplayer tab, tells me a i need to install an addon. Do so. Multiplay tab says something isn't working. Try quick match. Nothing happens. Post in forums, turns out its happening all over. Try Internet Explorer. Will load muliplayer page, but addon won't install. Download IE9. During install, Multiplayer tab starts working in firefox. Join a game with a low ping. Loading.... Finall says i'm joining. Get a popup, need to install latest nvidia drivers.

Download 120sum meg file. Install drivers. Reboot. Join a game finally! Sweet! Can't move. No one in map can move. Leave game. Join another game. OMFG it worked.

So it took from about 6:00pm to 9:30pm just for me to be able to play.

That's bull#.
edit on 26-10-2011 by doom27 because: spoelling

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I unfortunately can't play the game online because of my internet. (which is really the main reason anyone should play an fps.) I just wish these games worked harder on the campaign mode and single player. It's all run and gun action and no creativity apart from the vehicle and support missions. If I had it my way I would mix the strategic effort from the original rainbow six; the squad and cover system from brother in arms; and add a sense of open environment with less "follow here, and press this". These developers know that multiplayer is where the money is at, so it appears single player has died for modern combat games.
edit on 26-10-2011 by juveous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Right....i ordered it again as i didnt want to be the only person on the PSN playing bfbc2 lol.

Ive watched some footage on youtube (prooftube) and it looks pretty good, so i took the plunge and re-ordered it last night....roll on the 28th...hopefully i made the right choice and didnt just buy a £40 coaster

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
honestly, i've not stopped playing since i made the post. well, i ate and slept but that's about it because it's a holiday vacation week for me.

i can't believe anyone would regret buying this game, especially if you liked bfbc2. bf3 is just awesome and probably my favorite game ever.

i hear that maxing out your rank could take years so i imagine i'll be playing bf3 for about that long.

in fact, i'm thinking about canceling my mw3 preorder. i don't think i will want to stop playing bf3.

i'm certainly open to hearing if anyone doesn't like bf3 but i can't find anything to complain about. i have not played any more of the campaign, but the mp is just breathtakingly rad.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I sent some messages to a couple of friends today asking them what they thought about it. I was thinking of picking it up. It looks amazing from what I have seen so far. What do you guys think about the "Back to Karkand" pack? Karkand? Sharqi?
edit on 27-10-2011 by Event Horizon because: Additional Question

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Will buy the game tomorrow on steam (release date in Canada)
i have played a lot of BF2 and BF2142 .. loved those game
just hope everything will run fine

can it be play on Xp ?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

No dx10 is required.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by doom27
reply to post by Ben81

No dx10 is required.

Arg .. im sure a xp version will be released
not another Halo 2

last game i know that didnt work under xp

Win 7 seems more stable then Vista
should i buy it on my gaming computer ?
i have it on my mini laptop lol and so far xp pro still rule

My 32 bit Os while my cpu is a AMD 64 bit ..
need to do something for that

it dont even accept my 6 gig of memory ram
can only run on 3 gig

I guess i will need to convert my gaming pc into a win 7
hope it will worth it if i decide to buy it
edit on 10/27/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I LOVE BATTLEFIELD!

ohh huh? this no the fanboy thread?

Sorry

BF3 is everything MAG should've been, and more moar MORE!

But, seriously, I like it.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I love the multiplayer, I went through the whole single player story, and not bad! Seems a little too much like Black Ops single player story though. Anyway, if you want to add me, my PSN ID is 'ReMeDee' and put ATS in the subject line, so I know where you seen my name......also I joined the 'Wolfpack Recon' platoon for the PS3, and you can join too. Its a platoon for adult gamers, if you are sick and tired of hearing little bastards screaming into their mics, or playing crappy music to piss off everyone! (If this describes you, please don't join this plattoon!) So game on everyone, I will see you on the war path, my friends!

edit on (27/10/11) by SLAPurMAMA because: (no reason given)

edit on (27/10/11) by SLAPurMAMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAPurMAMA

nice. i will hit you up in a few minutes! my psn is theDeadC but i will put ats in the sub line too. i've been withholding my psn because i have a crap kdr but my spm (which should be more important, no?) is a very respectable 279. besides, kdr is for COD fans anyway, right?

anybody else on the ps3 please add me. like i said, i play conquest pretty much exclusively but i'd love to have some ats friends in my psn world.

i maintain b3 is the best ever, i don't know how MW3 will be able to touch it. i agree it's more fun than mag and is doing what mag was trying to do (although with far less players). also reminds me of what homefront was trying to do. i started with battlefront 2 (the original, not bfbc2, which i also played) and i think the franchise has hit an absolute sweet spot.

side note- i have been playing as assault and engineer exclusively. i love the SCAR with the engineer, but i'm stuck trying to find my gun in the assault class. anybody have any good arguments for the M416? the M16A4 i got as the default assault gun seems every bit as effective.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Will buy the game tomorrow on steam (release date in Canada)
i have played a lot of BF2 and BF2142 .. loved those game
just hope everything will run fine

can it be play on Xp ?

It is not being released on steam.

And there won't be an XP version.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
XP is ending support in 14 or 16, they are trying to phase it out. Really at this point there is no reason to not use 7, except money. I went from being a linux user for 10sum years to use windows 7, yes its that badass. There are really no problems with it i have ever run into, except when i found my PSU wasn't pushing enough power for my new mobo / water cooling.

Really if you don't want to pirate win 7, its best to buy a new laptop / pc because it would be cheaper than buying windows 7 itself.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAPurMAMA

How do you join that platoon??? I played....attempted to play with you earlier haha.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join