It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London: Telegraph thermal imaging video at protest camp show most tents empty?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

You gotta love the shill comments on the Telegraph article trying to argue against basic physics, which they don't know themselves!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Lol its not xray vision, if you look at the end of the clip you can see a guy getting out of the tint, you dont see his legs threw the tint so thermal imaging cannot see threw tints.
edit on 25-10-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

If you look at 40 seconds in where the guy is reading, you can see a persons hand reaching out of the tent behind him. Why can't you see the rest of the persons body inside the tent. The tent is blocking his heat signal. In that case, this video proves nothing other than the Camera used sucks..

What the guy above me said ^^^
edit on 25-10-2011 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

Depends on the device used. I helped raise money for some for Firefighters that you can literally distinguish a person in a burning building through even brick walls. Anyone can buy one if you have the money to do so. A person in a tent would be so easy to spot with one it would be like the tent did not exist.

You should contact them and find out what device they used. That would prove if they are right or not. Your just guessing here and pretending you know the capabilities of the device used. I highly doubt you know one way or the other.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I just went into keyboard warrior mode on their facebook page stating my disappointment with their bull# attempts.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Ooops,

They seemed to let one out of the bag....

Multiple tents to puzzle the enemy which one your are in? Decoys............

$5,000 to $10,000 dollar camera or $75 a tent..........hmmmm

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
All this proves is how good the tents are at holding heat. The whole thing is a joke and not a very good one at that.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Me thinks they have no idea how thermal imaging and IR radiation works.

If someone moves there hand behind a tent it will not show.

But as body heat of someone in a tent builds the tent will start to glow.

It also depends on the temperature gradient they use if the cold and hot colors are set close you will have a faster reaction.

If they are set so that ambient and body temperatures are far apart of there sensor it will take longer for the change to appear.

Even in a tent if the flap is open heat will not show good unless the person is touching the material of the tent as much of the heat will escape.

No one ever claimed that the media are technically inclined most are morons when it comes to how things work.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

Flir is not going to see through a thermal shielded tent (insulated)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by yampa
http:// www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/8847526/Telegraph-thermal-imaging-video-at-protest-camp-show-most-tents-are-empty.html

IMO this is blatant disinformation from the London Telegraph newspaper (I think this is an ~ok paper sometimes). It is obvious where their class commitments lie in matters of the economy.

It can be clearly seen that the tents are blocking infrared light/heat signatures, simply by observing that visible people disappear when walking behind the tents. At 0:46 you can see a hand appear from inside a tent - the rest of the person's body is entirely invisible to the camera.

So that's thousands of people who only glanced at the headline, who now believe a totally unsubstantiated story. This is the worst kind of journalism. I think it's always worth remembering that any newspaper based on the business model of selling advertising to privileged audiences is always going to side with their paymasters when the insolent masses start getting uppity.

edit on 25-10-2011 by yampa because: (no reason given)

Ha, that man in the picture could just be a one legged man hopping around the tent camp.

Bunch of misinformation serving frauds. I swear, we can't trust anyone/group in the media.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Wow.

I have no opinion as to whether the tents are occupied or not, but the Telegraph should have at least told people what to look for.

Dark blue tents are empty and have been empty for 10-20 minutes..

Any shade above have, or had, a person in them recently (less than 10 minutes).

Thermal isn't x-ray, it can't see through objects regardless of temperature differential. You can have (and we get images all the time) of a very hot spot cut off by a very cold spot...ie: snow covered tree while imaging a building.

I do question the camera though, all of ours at work state the make, date, time, and imaging code at bottom. That could just be the make of camera we use though, I haven't used any other models personally.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I checked with the articles from Guardian and according from their source, occupancy is closer to 70% not 10%, some do went home because they have to balance between their work and protesting. And the camera is set to auto which seems to be a mistake.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Update on this story. A group of people hired the same camera from the same company to see if this equipment could indeed be used to predict how many tents were occupied. Result: ambiguous at best. But they have been a bit selective about their shots.

Includes a nice clip of six people emerging from a 'empty' tent. If the camera can't detect a signal for six people grouped together in a tiny tent (no stronger colour than it is reading for the cold stone pavement), how is it going to detect one person in a thermal sleeping bag?

Other updates - St Paul's Cathedral is now open again, and the City of London are pushing ahead with legal action to have the tents removed (but they are fine with a non camping protest).

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by yampa

Thanks for the update.
I am pleased to see someone actually challenging the newspapers on this.

I wonder why they were selective in there shot though. Perhaps they did not want to be overly intrusive like the newspaper. IDK, I wonder.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by yampaIt can be clearly seen that the tents are blocking infrared light/heat signatures, simply by observing that visible people disappear when walking behind the tents.

edit on 25-10-2011 by yampa because: (no reason given)

Well I'm going to go on a limb and say you're not going to see the heat signature of someone's leg inside a tent when they're outside the tent. Thermal imaging is not an x-ray.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join