It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London: Telegraph thermal imaging video at protest camp show most tents empty?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
http:// www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/8847526/Telegraph-thermal-imaging-video-at-protest-camp-show-most-tents-are-empty.html

IMO this is blatant disinformation from the London Telegraph newspaper (I think this is an ~ok paper sometimes). It is obvious where their class commitments lie in matters of the economy.

It can be clearly seen that the tents are blocking infrared light/heat signatures, simply by observing that visible people disappear when walking behind the tents. At 0:46 you can see a hand appear from inside a tent - the rest of the person's body is entirely invisible to the camera.

So that's thousands of people who only glanced at the headline, who now believe a totally unsubstantiated story. This is the worst kind of journalism. I think it's always worth remembering that any newspaper based on the business model of selling advertising to privileged audiences is always going to side with their paymasters when the insolent masses start getting uppity.

edit on 25-10-2011 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
yeah. you can easily tell that this is BS.

you can see a couple of movements inside of the tents, through little cracks in the front flap in the vid. clearly BS. i call shenanigans!

S&F

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by yampa

Infra red images taken by a police helicopter

well for one its clearly not taken by helicopter

this is blatent propaganda and lies

eta: the youtube screenshot you added proves it all
edit on 25-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by yampa

They will stop at nothing to discredit these people, but its not working. Thanks for being the first to post this and I agree you can clearly see some of the tents aren't allowing a thermal image while some are. Some are obviously full of people at the time as they are glowing from the body heat, but you can see people behind tents with no legs.

As well, isn't this a protest? Maybe they do it differently across the pond, but here in NA we protest in the streets and on sidewalks, we spend little time in our tents, so I don't see how this has anything to do with anything, the people are there, clearly, so who cares if they are sleeping in the tents?

Besides, no information as to when this video was taken and with what type of thermal imaging camera, and from the looks of it, a pretty crappy one at that (can't see through a damn tent?)

But all of this ignores an important question.

Why bother taking an expensive thermal imaging camera out to a protest to film tents?

And you already have your answer.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
nice find mate!

they´re getting quite blatant in trying to downplay the size of these events.

so anybody thinking about joining those protests must feel part of the ´minority´.

remember folks we are the 99%!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

No that video is not taken by helicopter, it says that the Telegraph re did their own video of the tents which is the video shown.

Anyway the entire thermal imaging thing of the tents is a bit ridiculous,silly, and means nothing at all.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
They needed thermal imagery to "confirm" people went home?... They couldn't film it simply?, showing people leaving?

And towards the end of the video, you see on the right side an old person that stops reading a paper on a wall from nearly three feet... Wouldn't it be more difficult to read at night, even with lighting?... I know some old people have good eye sights, but not most. Was it really filmed at night?

And why do the images seem more hot on the sides than in the middle? Anyone know?

Also, you can see they change their angle when there's too many people seen on the other side of the tents...

It seems more like disinfo than good journalism, indeed...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by pop_science
reply to post by ShortMemory

Anyway the entire thermal imaging thing of the tents is a bit ridiculous,silly, and means nothing at all.

It means you have a supposedly reputable newspaper that is prepared to misrepresent reality in order to deliberately distort its reader's perceptions. Nothing new perhaps, but I personally still find it objectionable. Not sure why you don't?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
If those tents didn't block out the thermal imaging....god knows what we would see.....so wouldn't that be the invasion of privacy?
Just a thought if the occupiers would like to raise some money for their cause!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Very interesting. Good catch.
I watched a show about camping gear a couple of months ago.
They showed sleeping bags and tents that they were testing to find the best products.
One of the tests involved how well the sleeping bags were insulated.
A guy got into the sleeping bag and zipped up. After a set time they did thermal imaging to see if heat was escaping from the different bags.
Some of the sleeping bags you could not even detect there was a person in the bag. They were that well insulated.
So I imagine if you are camping where it is cold you will have, at least, a well insulated sleeping bag. And probably a well insulated tent, if you want to stay warm.
edit on 25-10-2011 by BlueBanshee because: spelling

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueBanshee

Dead on! Do you think you could find a video of this and post it?

That would be a nice nail in the coffin of this farce of an article!

(The Telegraph's one, not the OP, LOL )
edit on 25-10-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

*** LOL I've just seen the pic in the OP... somehow, I managed to not see it before now...

edit on 25-10-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The empty tents should be removed and disposed of.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This story has now spread to many of the other newspapers, who are all reporting it as truth. As ever, a fine showing from Rupert Murdoch's Reality Hit Squad. And that's another few hundred thousand with lies in their heads.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
The empty tents should be removed and disposed of.

Which empty tents would those be? I agree that there *could* be empty tents, the problem is, there is no evidence presented for that. So what you are doing is discussing fiction as if it were real.

It is this same mentality that has allowed our financial system to become so disastrously out of sync. Please attempt to follow the true sequence of events!
edit on 25-10-2011 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

I found it!

It is a show called WeatherProof on the Weather Channel.

edit on 25-10-2011 by BlueBanshee because: (no reason given)

I suggest some protestors find someone with a thermal imaging camera and prove this point.
It could be done.
Do a little experiment. Use the science they are trying to use against you and use it against them.
edit on 25-10-2011 by BlueBanshee because: added suffestion

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

they're probably empty because no one is in them. most people gather together for these types of occasions. do these guys seriously thing that everyone will go back to their tents all at once and sit alone?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It just shows at what length people are going to defame this movement, getting out thermo imaging cameras to film protesters is a little desperate. Still it's from the Torygraph and will rile up the middles classes in the shires.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

British journalism is pathetic, today's "Times" has a similar article. How quickly we've gone down hill as a nation since the last election. Cameron is a worthless joke and even with Murdoch behind him (literally no-doubt) couldn't even win the election outright. If we can all get behind the 99% movement then it might spell the end of champagne cronyism in this country

At least lets try it folks, the people at the top have clearly lost their minds to greed and power. It doesn't even matter what political persuasion you are, the other 99% are protesting against the people behind the politicians. These people at the top are destroying the world, it no longer matters who you are or if you're a good person or not...These people don't care about you because you're not in their club. Viva La' Revolution

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

This reminds me of a quote by Upton Sinclair: It's is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Seems to be a slight discrepancy here.
11:30pm Monday night
12:30am Tuesday morning

Just to clarify:
Top image was taken from the Telegraph website.
Bottom image was taken from the youtube vid, posted in this OP.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join