It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield 3 is downloading...fast!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattrat
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Full 1920x1080, full gfx, looks sweet, but i lower everything for gameplay cause im a legend at it lol
definately not just hype.

Exactly !!!!!

I like fps at 333 at least... Not 30.. as a console is limited to..

\Oh man, and they think theyre good..

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I will also buy it from Steam
not sure if its available to buy even if im from Canada

hope this game will be better then Rage
had so many issue with it
but texture loading is still crappy

i have a Amd 62 3.01 Ghz
6 gig of Ram but only 3 is used (windows 32 bit)
Graphic card Ati HD 6670 1 gig

cant wait to try BF3 on it

im a general for BF 2142
once we get the highest title .. its no longer fun

in BF3 can you drive a multiple set of vehicul ?
jeep, tanks, amphibious, helicopter, planes ??

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

Full 1920x1080, full gfx, looks sweet, but i lower everything for gameplay cause im a legend at it lol

Exactly !!!!!

Oh man, and they think theyre good..

According to Activision, MW3 will run at 66 FPS on console

edit on 25-10-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2011 by daaskapital because: ETA

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

When you add all that whiz bang up, including monitor, game, and online fees... what's that set you back?
Just wondering...

Umm, you don't wanna know. And neither do I.
Way too much. Yes, I need to get a life.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Console gamers should beware rushing to pick up a copy of bf3. The game will be restricted to 30fps and 720p, and is having some of its flashiest graphics eye candy toned down. What you have been seeing for months of hype in the build up to the release date, is the game running on state of the art custom gaming pc's. The console experience is likely to look and feel a lot different than you have seen in trailers and gameplay footage.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

How can you be a LEGEND at a game that is just being released...TODAY???

:shk:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by intrptr

When you add all that whiz bang up, including monitor, game, and online fees... what's that set you back?
Just wondering...

Umm, you don't wanna know. And neither do I.
Way too much. Yes, I need to get a life.

Oh contrare... I was jealous of you. I WISH I could afford one of those thingys myself. I miss gaming so much.
I used to play a lot many moons ago when they had places called Video Arcades? Upright quarter fed mania at the mall. I must have burned at least as much money as you on that stuff. And we all breathing... so yep we are alive.
Except Chaney... I hear he has no pulse.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

i OWNED the beta

also i was the best in AUS for BF2 and 2142 (no cockyness here
)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Frostbite 2 runs just as pretty on the consoles my friend, I was in the closed ps3 beta then the open ps3 beta. Sadly they only gave us a Rush map, but none the less, this is a step UP.

If you are still unsure of frostbite 2 being completely epic get the demo for need for speed the run and just LOOK at it.

yes, obviously, it will be better on a high end pc with more ram and a much better video card. "Better" meaning you will have higher resolution textures and anti-aliasing. that's it, that's the only difference, and it doesn't make much of a difference.

Frostbite 2 will run very smooth on "older" hardware just like ID Tech5 engine (rage) except with frostbite2 there is actually an awesome game to play, not just a showcase of the engine.

My pc copy should be done downloading, well, actually right now
and I won't get to open the ps3 version til x-mas.

BOOO-URNS

The console experience is likely to look and feel a lot different than you have seen in trailers and gameplay footage.

No, as I stated from my experience with the beta on ps3, it's exactly the same pacing and prettiness, and only about 10% of gamers on pc have a rig capable of enabling the advanced features the console version doesn't have.

As well, the human eye can't tell the difference between 30 fps and 60fps, only when it drops below 30fps does it appear to stutter, and not 1 single second of the countless hours spent on the beta had any lag.

edit on 25-10-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

in BF3 can you drive a multiple set of vehicul ? jeep, tanks, amphibious, helicopter, planes ??

I agree, RAGE is a huge letdown, and the engine is not that fast at all unless you love vertical tearing. So many people complained that they had to release a patch to enable V-sync which, on plenty of systems, grinds tech5 down to a standard laggy engine.

and man, the texture pop in is ridiculous, and this is coming from someone who played through borderlands, fallout3, and fallout new vegas on ps3, so I know all about low frame rates and texture pop in, but honestly, an object 2 feet away has texture pop in every time you pan past it?

anyways, the beta was locked to a Rush map with no vehicles, strictly call of duty style objective match, and unless MW3 really amps it up, they've completely dominated them.

From the developer interviews and other footage (pc beta?) yes, there are maps just like BF2 with tanks, jeeps, fighter jets. Now, about the choppers....

They are in the trailers
They are unlockable upgrades in the beta (but not actually IN the beta)

so right now it's hard to say if you can pilot choppers, or they are a strike ability you can call in.

eitherway, they took the destruction ability from Bad Company 2 and shot it up with a mix of adrenaline and heroine as it's amazing.

you can dig trenches with grenades! (and get under the map where you can't be shot but can shoot through everything and continually kill anyone approaching the objective [beta users know what I'm talking about])

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Umm, why would they take out choppers, they were absolutely vital in multi BF2 and a dungload of fun.
Im more curious about jets, and they are listed on vehicle upgrade.
OpenBeta was really nice, hopefuly they will fix all bugs (like falling under the map).
edit on 25-10-2011 by stainlesssteelrat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
91%, come ON.

Patience was never one of my virtues. In fact, it may not even be in my vocabulary.

Anyway. thanks for all the comments. Obviously all you beta testers are going to be way ahead of the rest of us. But if you have to exploit map bugs to be "good," then sorry, but you

edit on Tue Oct 25th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

ETA: FINALLY.

And that d/l was 15.4 GB!!! (At least that's what it says when it's finished.) So here we go! Wish me luck and I'll see ya all in a few days!!!
Or ten minutes when the sukka crashes.

edit on Tue Oct 25th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

The only plus side I see to playing on PC is that it is much easier to fly the helicopters and jets. I was reading an article about this game for PS3 and they said they were doing something special to take advantage of the Blu-Ray capabilities and push it harder than any other game before. I played the Beta and was obsessed with the thing. Awesome game.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'm a big Modern Warfare guy. Did not like Black Ops very well but absolutely love MW2. I played the BF3 demo on PS3 and I hated it.In fact that demo made me not want to get it. I've never played any of the BF's so I might be jumping the gun here.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Please don't say you're running those SSD's in RAID. Please. =(

The only game I still play is BF2 once in awhile - been looking forward to BF3 for awhile now, but now that it's released I'm just not as excited as I once was.

And yeah, PS3/360 are no where near a decent or better gaming PC. Consoles will never be.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

you do realize that the human eye can not detect the difference between 30 fps and 60 or above right? a steady 30fps provides a smooth experience. the game plays great on the ps3, i've spent hours playing the beta, actually probably a few days total, it runs great.

Umm, why would they take out choppers, they were absolutely vital in multi BF2 and a dungload of fun.

I didn't say they took them out, I said I wasn't sure if they were drivable or just strikes you call in, from the latest review video, they are drivable as well as boats so everything you are expecting is in there.

Anyway. thanks for all the comments. Obviously all you beta testers are going to be way ahead of the rest of us. But if you have to exploit map bugs to be "good," then sorry, but you

I for one refuse to resort to glitches and hacks, that's just me. My point was, unless they fix that bug, i'm not paying a dime for this game, simple as that, and this is Game of the Year for sure and one of my favorite series of games, but if you can still crawl under the map and become invincible, I'm not spending 1 red cent on it, or a green one either.

It was the paris metro rush map. The first two objectives the attackers need to blow up to gain access to the metro tunnels. I saw several variations of the glitch.

First, people start pumping grenades in there which creates a deformation and eventually a trench, then someone goes into that hole which is basically a fox hole and goes prone, crawl around a bit and they slip under the map and become impossible to shoot unless you get under the map yourself. The best part is they can shoot through the walls and anything so you'll be getting sniped at your spawn location and the kill cam shows a picture of a water texture because they are so far under the map the kill cam can't see them.

That's the on purpose method, and it works basically anywhere outside the tunnels.

the second method is the accidental and it happened to me constantly, you go for the objective, try to hit the button to start arming the explosive and then you are unwillingly sucked under the map, unable to set the charge, but able to mow down the enemy until you suicide or get killed.

It's incredibly lame and smacks of Call of Duty. In fact, I recall a specific glitch in CoD world At War on the castle map that let people do that exact same thing, get under the map, invincible, and can shoot you through walls. the kill cam would show you that they are "glitching" under the map.

So many people complained on the forums they started removing threads. Then they patched world at war.

To fix that glitch you ask? No. They merely disabled the kill cam from showing if the person is glitching.

FAIL

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

2 solid state 128 GB drives

well..

thats sexy...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by aRogue

It's time for Battlefield to take the throne and hopefully they don't follow in COD's footsteps... Anywho, i'm going to get BF3 on PS3, because the graphics are FAR superior to PeeCee and Exblock.

Perhaps its better than your own crappy family pc, you call your gaming rig.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stainlesssteelrat

Im more curious about jets, and they are listed on vehicle upgrade.

Jets are there in multiplayer only. they look great. From the videos it appears they learned from the mistakes of BF2 with the jets (either flying a circle constantly or getting shot down for leaving the battle) as the jets don't seem to be zipping around so fast that they become useless. You can actually do bombing and strafing runs reliably as well as dog fights.

The unlocks appear to be upgrades for vehicles and such, some of which look crazy awesome.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by aRogue

Anywho, i'm going to get BF3 on PS3, because the graphics are FAR superior to PeeCee and Exblock.

Are you high? Yes this game is going to run fine on ps3, the beta did, and it looks great, but it can never even pretend to compete with a high end gaming pc, you sir are crazy.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join