It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield 3 is downloading...fast!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Ok, I'm finally excited about a game again. Battlefield 3. Released today, 10-25-12. It is downloading now, and for a change it is actually downloading from Origin at an average of 1.5 MB/s over DSL 6.0. But that will probably drop in rate- as usual when d/ling large files. Speaking of which, the download size is 11 GB!

The graphics in this game are pure over the top slutness, from the reviews and trailers I have seen. I can't wait. And don't talk to me about no Xbox or PS3. I am PC all the way, and for a change I have a pretty nice machine to throw at it.

I7 2600K
8 GB DDR3 2000
2 solid state 128 GB drives
EVGA GTX580 SC
And some more goodies

Even this little beast may have trouble trying to run everything pegged out max, and get a decent framerate. Cause this game looks like it has raised the bar for graphics. For gameplay, I dunno yet. Will report back.

Nothing like getting a new game! Especially one of this caliber!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I am raging as the UK is going to be the last to release it, wont get it until Friday so mad as wanted to skive off work on Thursday to play it. Agreed the graphics and the vehicles look like something 10 years more advanced than call of duty. They are not getting my £40 this year for a few different maps and guns, time to switch

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
PC Elitist

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

When you add all that whiz bang up, including monitor, game, and online fees... what's that set you back?
Just wondering...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Lucky...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
PC Elitist

Oh Puhleeeeease.

I scrimped and saved for years to buy this thing! I just never like the controller interface, or the graphics much on the consoles. But I suppose you're right. When it comes to PC's, I like having the best. I suppose I should tell you this is going to be run on a 65" Mitsu DLP at full 1080p, and soon, in full 3D once I get the glasses kit.
Yes, crucify me for PC slutness.

ETA: And as predicted, average d/l speed dropped to about 800K- but still, not too shabby. Got about 3 hours left! So by 9:30 am today EST I am in it, baby! Yah fricken HOO!
edit on Tue Oct 25th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
The reign of Call of Duty is over. They had an unbeatable formula of first-person shooting action (that being COD4) but somehow stuffed it and totally overkilled every title after that.

It's time for Battlefield to take the throne and hopefully they don't follow in COD's footsteps... Anywho, i'm going to get BF3 on PS3, because the graphics are FAR superior to PeeCee and Exblock.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by daaskapital
PC Elitist

Oh Puhleeeeease.

I scrimped and saved for years to buy this thing! I just never like the controller interface, or the graphics much on the consoles. But I suppose you're right. When it comes to PC's, I like having the best. I suppose I should tell you this is going to be run on a 65" Mitsu DLP at full 1080p, and soon, in full 3D once I get the glasses kit.
Yes, crucify me for PC slutness.

Makes me feel so much better when i'm playing it on my PS3

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by aRogue
Anywho, i'm going to get BF3 on PS3, because the graphics are FAR superior to PeeCee and Exblock.

So your PS3 has better graphics than my $500+ GTX580 SC can deliver on a 65" DLP at 1080p?
PS3's have sure come a long way then.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
PS3's are Super Computers, they make Alienwares look like Gameboys.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
I am PC all the way, and for a change I have a pretty nice machine to throw at it.

I7 2600K
8 GB DDR3 2000
2 solid state 128 GB drives
EVGA GTX580 SC
And some more goodies

Thats a very nice pc you've got there, it would be shame if something happened to it...
jk
. I couldnt ressist

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
PC on the left, PS3 on the right:

watch that in 1080p, and sorry, but you lose.
Add full 3D to that, which I will have by the end of this week, and I believe you are back in gameboy land.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Ok i might as well not drag this on as it's becoming stale and i'm not usually a troll, i just thought you knew i was playing around since the get-go, but it became apparent you thought i was serious lol.

Anyway enough of all that... How's the multiplayer? What's it like compared to the beta? Any real differences etc? It doesn't come out in Australia for another few days sadly...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Anywho, i'm going to get BF3 on PS3, because the graphics are FAR superior to PeeCee and Exblock.

I own PS3, and I'll defo get BF3, but pleaaasee, get real
. PC with GT8800 will run BF3 with same amount of details as PS3, and bigger framerate.

All I look on to be honest is multiplayer mode. I had so much fun with BF2, and not so much with BlackOps.
Multi from BF munches MW for a breakfest. Its harder for one. You usually need real team play to finish obj's.
It's not as easy to take down other player, you have bullets physics, distance matters, etc. etc.

Simply much more fun!
But im hc fps fan, my favorite ever was Operation:Flashpoint for it's complexity and tactical aspect.

By the way, there's article on gamespot that MW3 will beat BF3 by 2:1 sold units. Activision sponsored ;].

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by aRogue

Hey, don't get me wrong, I think that PS3 footage looks DAMN good. I am amazed actually. They HAVE come a long way. It's just I like to be blown away. And that's usually not a problem with a rig like this. I think few people ever got to see Black Ops in its full glory with everything pegged out max. But some of those jungle and snow maps in single player looked fricken wicked! The best. ever. Till now.

Answer is I do not know yet. Give me about another 5 hours. 2.5 more d/l and 2.5 more to install/config and play. If I don't show back up around here for another few days, you'll know it's good!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Im in AUS and im already playing it

A little proxy trick and im in 2 days before i should be

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
sorry heres how to do it
Step 1. Control Panel>Internet Options>Connections>LAN Settings>Use a Proxy Server for your LAN Tick it and use the following addy: 203.232.208.116 Port: 8080

Step 2. Activate on Origin (Run Bf3.exe - it will run Origin.)

Step 3. Remove proxy. (Then restart BF3.exe and Battlelog will work)

Step 4. Enjoy Battlefield 3 early

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattrat
Im in AUS and im already playing it

A little proxy trick and im in 2 days before i should be

Playing it on what? And at what resolution and what display?

And so? Is all the hype just hype or what?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Full 1920x1080, full gfx, looks sweet, but i lower everything for gameplay cause im a legend at it lol
definately not just hype.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

The reign of Call of Duty is over. They had an unbeatable formula of first-person shooting action (that being COD4) but somehow stuffed it and totally overkilled every title after that.

It's time for Battlefield to take the throne and hopefully they don't follow in COD's footsteps... Anywho, i'm going to get BF3 on PS3, because the graphics are FAR superior to PeeCee and Exblock.

Oh you have no idea.

What killed the COD franchise was the selling out to consoles.

Will BF3 be any better than COD4 ? Sure if you can afford the hardware.. otherwise, I severely doubt it.

Wen people start complaining about failing graphics, and all the fun and games with the newest game that doesn't play due to AMI or Nvidia favoritism, then... well.. I'll laugh at whoever loses..

If you have a top notch machine or the money to buy hardware to play this, good for you.. or stick to lack luster console games.

I'll stick to cod4 for the time being, I cant afford a big fancy rig, and well... I play for fun not fancy gfx..

and I couldnt ever suffice with a console controller... Oh man, they sold their souls to the devil on that... wasd all the way baby!

edit on 25/10/2011 by Ha`la`tha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join