It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80% of singleton never know they had a twin - Vanishing Twin Syndrome

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

It is on wikipedia. Google the title of the thread...
You can also search for Althea Hayton for more information.
I tried with links but they don't work.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
This possibly happened to my sister. My mom told me a story about when she was pregnant with my sister, and while I won't recount it in detail (it's rather graphic) I'll just say that she experienced an event that caused her to think she'd lost the baby. Turned out my mom and my sister were fine, but my mom wondered afterwards if there had been a twin that she lost.

Twins do run in my family. I have twin cousins, I have a cousin who has twin daughters, and my grandfather was a twin, so it might've happened to her, but we'll never know for sure now.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
So basically, it's saying that something that happens before a foetus has the ability of memory can influence its life long after it is born?

Interesting thing to think about. I wonder what the mechanism behind this would be?

If true it would mean that our perception of development is off, which it 100% is to drive the abortion agenda. Although I would be surprised at this.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I've always foudn this to be an interesting phenomena. Apparently my husband may have had a twin he absorbed, because he was born with two placentas. The doctors at the time drew that conclusion from it anyway.

He does have three nipples, and I joke that one is a leftover from the brother he ate. But he hasn't ever felt any sense of missing something or spiritual void.

He does have one hell of an appetite tho.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
These are recognized symptoms of being a womb twin survivor:

IDENTICAL TWIN SURVIVORS:

1. Most probably left-handed. If you are right-handed you may not belong here.
2. Dixlesyc and/ or scoliotic, dermoid cystsm, organs with anomalies
3. Possible obesity or mild eating disorders
4. Has suffered from depression
5. Likes looking at mirrors, or they are afraid of their own image
6. They are narcisists and tend to think for themselves, they are needy and they like to be helped, they depend from others
7. Less mature than actual age
8. Homosexuality more possible here
9. Fear of abandonment, letting go, death
10. They search for one relationship at a time, only, but they also tend to be absent for some time
11. They can have a very active and busy life, trying to live for two

FRATERNAL/MULTIPLE TWIN SURVIVORS: ( Orders triplets and quadruplets )

1. Most probably left-handed, but also right-handed
2. Dixlesyc and /or scoliotic, dermoid cysts or organ anomalies
3. Most probably has had a eating disorder
4. May feel guilty for no apparent reason
5. They search for groups relationships, they want to be around lots of people
6. They are secretive, not easy to know, they want independence and privacy
7. They hide their identity behind false attitudes
8. Strong feminine side or for girls, they can have a " boy " side
9. Fear of abandonment, death and letting go
10. They have strong habits
11. Less mature than actual age
12. They feel a almost compulsive need to help people, they are very altruistic and can make sacrifices for other people
13. Most of their infancy they had immaginary friends
14. They get along with twins, easily, they find them cool, and they tend to have friendships with other womb twin survivors

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I tried talking with my aunt about this subject...She is the only one that would converse with me about this...
She may have some information too.

Sadly I have no proof that once I was a twin, or even a multiple twin.

But my own feelings and istincts say I was.

Discovering that huge website has been like finding an explanation for many of my problems and attitudes...The solution is far from be found.

My mother would never discuss such a thing with me. After last year events I don't trust my parents as much as before.
I don' t really trust anyone anymore, but I had to speak to someone.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RainbeauBleu
I had a twin that vanished. My Grandmother was a twin. No other twins have been born in our family that I'm aware of. As a child, I felt like there was supposed to be a twin or sibling with me. It wore off and I never think about it anymore. Twins kind of creep me out, actually.

As a twin, I cannot tell you the amount of times that I wished mine would just vanish.

Live and learn, I gave birth to a set of twin boys, as different as night and day. Thank God, that the two were not identical, because I wouldn't have ever wanted two of either one of them.

This doesn't surprise me at all.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I will soon get a blood exam to discover my blood group since I don't know it. If it comes out I am a " chimera " with two blood groups, my twin was fraternal.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I need some doctors...How common is actually this thing of the Vanishing Twin Syndrome?
I want to be said that this whole thing can be debunked.
I also would like to be said that the behavioral issues and psychological issues that survivor twins show are NOT linked to the loss of the twin in the womb...

Could this all be a fraud?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join